Black/Silver? Whats your pick?

Which color do you prefer for the One?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Sandiman

Sep 22, 2010
Ivybridge, Devon
In one video I saw the presenter had both colours to show and said the black one was much more of a finger print magnet than the white/silver? one.

Also to my poor old eyes the back of the black one looked very much like the material used on the Nokia 920 but what do I know???

vegetaleb

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
I find photos very misleading. I definitely won't buy without seeing both in person, though I'm leaning towards the Silver one ATM

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Wh1techapel

Feb 25, 2013
Oxford
I was tempted to change to the silver one, until I spoke with Amazon.co.uk...

Me:Last question, if I cancel the black one, and order the silver instead, is there definitely going to be enough stock to fulfil my order for the 15th>
Lucie Marie :I cannot guarantee that but if you place an order and it is completed then one will definitely be reserved for you.
Are we still connected Luke?

:eek:

vegetaleb

I was tempted to change to the silver one, until I spoke with Amazon.co.uk...

:eek:

Luke Skywalker? :eek:
Yeah I know nobody knows before seeing in real both colors,but from the pics of the black it feels too fade compared to the contrast between the (black) screen and the grey aluminum frames.
The black's back looks more prone to greasy fingerprints too

Reactions: Wh1techapel

Cristianop

May 5, 2009
Germany
AW: Black/Silver? Whats your pick?

Red accents would look great, I've ordered the slip case that has a red panel on the inside so maybe that would still look pretty decent?

I will also order that case. In combination with black one it will look awesome.

In pictures I prefer the silver a bit more but today I saw the silver at a store and okay it still looks awesome but not as I imagined.
I have the opinion that I have too see both in real and hold them. Pictures very often are very misleading.

Gesendet von meinem Hox und baldigen ONE

LadFromWales85

Feb 3, 2005
Wales, UK Earth, The Universe

Looking at those pictures, the Black display appears to be a flat piece of glass with the rim separate from the screen, whereas the Silver glass appears to go edge to edge with a taper.

Am I seeing things? Are each models designed differently?!

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland
Cheers for that.

Hmm, not too sure on that design aspect. Think I prefer the black. Wish there were live display models near here!

I agree. I was almost certain that i wanted the black, but seeing so many pictures of the silver makes me want it as well. I also think that the black doesn't appear like its aluminum when you look at it, and when people look at my phone i want them to know its made out of high quality material (also it appears to be a grease magnet). The silver seems like it would be more stylish and out there compared to the black. I've always had a black phone though and it just seems standard now. I'm gonna have to see both of the devices in person for me to make a decision.

prfrma

Feb 25, 2013
London
I'm almost certainly going for the black, silver seems a bit too flash or bling. Black seems more subtle, more stealthy, more elegant and perhaps more mature.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

blineek

Sep 16, 2011
Gdańsk

h.han

Feb 28, 2011
London
After seeing the silver demo device, I was pretty much sold to the silver one, but yesterday I dreamed myself holding the black one and using it as my own phone, I am confused again!!!:confused::eek::D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which one would you prefer? Black or Silver?

HTC One in black:

htc-one-black-photos-preview-10.jpg

htc-one-black-photos-preview-6.jpg

htc-one-black-photos-preview-0.jpg

HTC One in silver:

440x330-htc-one-silver-back.jpg

htc-one-silver.jpg

htc-one-silver-side-angle-htc-one.jpg

dsc05219-1363076292.jpg

Black vs. Silver:

htc-one-black-white-640x492.jpg

Comparison for HTC One Silver and iPhone 5 White (Thanks to hamdir):

htc-one-iphone5-5.jpg

htc-one-iphone5-1.jpg

I was talking about the buildup of urea stains which would stain it yellow

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Not2BSure2Bif2Bserious-1.jpg

if serious......

tumblr_m3qi05XNdY1ruoy68o1_500.gif
    How are these for you, Pictures of mine Black....

Hot mama

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    I thought about buying this case but then was worried it might damage phone. Scuff the phone due to tight fit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    well if you are going to be taking it off and putting it back on all the time then no, i probably wouldn't recommend it as yes it fits fairly tight - if you plan on removing a lot get a softer jelly type one

ive had it on and off a couple of times this evening and there are no marks but it is an excellent tight fit which is perfect as i dont plan to take it off anymore.
    while im pretty sure the black will be a sexy beast (judging by HTC's previous black metal phones)

but i'm going for silver

htc-one-iphone5-5.jpg

htc-one-iphone5-1.jpg

these photos helped me decide, first it looks miles away from the iPhone, so we can shut up those iPhone fiends

thank you HTC for making silver male again! :laugh:

also big advantage for using black glass on the front, makes the device look a lot more bold and masks the screen itself unlike the white iPhone, just like the iPad, when the screen is on you can see a black recessed border between the screen and the glass on the iPhone, which kills the screen floating on surface feel