Time to say goodbye and look to the Galaxy K Zoom

Search This thread

livio80

Sep 21, 2010
Knox

Hello Folks!
I'm Livio, i'm writing from Italy!
i followed this forum for along time and thanks to You i know almost everything needed, about my phones. i'm owner of a S2, S3, S4 and a S4Zoom (each one with its own root and recovery, except S4Zoom that is without recovery). i'd like to change my s4 zoom for a K Zoom...so i'm here to ask about this smartphone.
Is it under Knox protection like S4? probably Knox will be present like a software in app menù but is it still present in Download Mode (Knox Warranty status)?

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Hello Folks!
I'm Livio, i'm writing from Italy!
i followed this forum for along time and thanks to You i know almost everything needed, about my phones. i'm owner of a S2, S3, S4 and a S4Zoom (each one with its own root and recovery, except S4Zoom that is without recovery). i'd like to change my s4 zoom for a K Zoom...so i'm here to ask about this smartphone.
Is it under Knox protection like S4? probably Knox will be present like a software in app menù but is it still present in Download Mode (Knox Warranty status)?

There is no Knox on this device.

Reactions: livio80

livio80

Sep 21, 2010
I saw, looking at the various reviews that appeared on youtube, that the "knox" app is not present but I wanted a confirmation; thank you very much for the info! Out of curiosity, can you upload a photo of the "Download mode" of the smartphone? thanks in advance! Another question i'd like to make you is about the presence of "Dual Shot" in this smartphone (like S4 does) . is it possible take a picture like that? again, thank you!

Last edited:

livio80

Sep 21, 2010
the phone arrived to me Yesterday. dual shot is not present, there's no Knox (like Apprentice said). I'm searching for a root method...but without successes :(

livio80

Sep 21, 2010
does it worth upgrading from s4zoom to it ... whats ur impression

Sent from my SM-C101 using Tapatalk

Well, I'll tell you my opinion:

if you're looking for a camera upgrade, a more powerful and modern camera, a better camera than S4Zoom... absolutely not, hold tight your S4 Zoom. there are differences between the options and the "shutter mode" of the two smartphones but nothing that worth the buying....i tried to shot the same object in the same situation and position. With KZ (K Zoom) photos are more clear BUT ONLY when you see it on a pc AND ONLY when you use magnification....in a few words: no noticeable differencies. i'll tell you that ergonomics is geater with S4Z (S4 Zoom) and that the zoom of S4Z is more cool (because persons see you moving hand to enlarge or make smaller the scene...)

if you're looking for a better phone side , for a fastest phone with no lag, a larger screen with chance to write in a better way (depending from the size of your fingers), a more accurate touch (in case of gaming)...then absolutely yes, change your S4Z. KZ has all of this.

if you'd like to know something in particular, let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: ashouhdy

ashouhdy

Aug 22, 2009
Alexandria
thanks for ur reply

actually i am looking for ergonomics as u said

better pocket ability .. slimmer ... as it will be my main phone for atleast k zoom2 appears :)

one more thing .. the slimmer xenon flash .. is it weaker? i take lots of pics at the beach and lots of them with the sun behind.. on the s4zoom i rely on the strong fill flash to light up portraits and faces

livio80

Sep 21, 2010
thanks for ur reply

actually i am looking for ergonomics as u said

better pocket ability .. slimmer ... as it will be my main phone for atleast k zoom2 appears :)

one more thing .. the slimmer xenon flash .. is it weaker? i take lots of pics at the beach and lots of them with the sun behind.. on the s4zoom i rely on the strong fill flash to light up portraits and faces

the flash is slightly better, barely louder, barely powerful.
the result is that (in complete darkness), the whites barely stand out more. other colors remain similar and can give an impression of "more natural color" (not necessarily the most aesthetically pleasing). i'm testing KZ and S4Z in "auto" mode. I have not had the opportunity to take pictures backlight so far. the attached files are an example. it's a photo taken to a simple wall with a particular of the door and the radiator. you can see colors and white!

Attachments

• KZ.jpg
    KZ.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 106
  • S4Z.jpg
    S4Z.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 106

livio80

Sep 21, 2010
if you are looking for "pocket ability" i can attach you three photos. KZ is more thinner than S4Z so it's more portable. it can more easily fit in your pocket.

Attachments

• 20140614_135512.jpg
    20140614_135512.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 20140614_135539.jpg
    20140614_135539.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 20140614_135632.jpg
    20140614_135632.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 137

ashouhdy

Aug 22, 2009
Alexandria
from ur pics it yes worth to upgrade .. its about half the s4zoom size .. i dont care about reviews numbers about thickness your pics show thats its really half the s4zoom size.

the flash is much better! u had me .. just confirmed my order for the k zoom.

thats my flickr set for the s4zoom

https://www.flickr.com/gp/77173783@N00/055250

u will find many other albums for other photos taken with other flagshis

livio80

Sep 21, 2010
from ur pics it yes worth to upgrade .. its about half the s4zoom size .. i dont care about reviews numbers about thickness your pics show thats its really half the s4zoom size.

the flash is much better! u had me .. just confirmed my order for the k zoom.

thats my flickr set for the s4zoom

https://www.flickr.com/gp/77173783@N00/055250

u will find many other albums for other photos taken with other flagshis

your photos are beautiful! i like them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sucessful Root of Galaxy K Zoom

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

If anyone is interested, I have sucessfully Rooted my Galaxy K using this tutorial for the Note 3 Neo:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2777693

It uses CF-Auto-Root, and as I figured the Galaxy K and Note 3 Neo share the same processor it might be worth a try.

I have noticed no Ill effects so far, and everything works as expected. As there doesn't seem to be a forum for the K I didn't know where else to post this.

Just remember I am not responsible for your device if this goes tits up.....

Enjoy!
    Can anyone advise whether there is any CWM / TWRP for the K zoom? im rooted all ok and phone is amazing but need recovery lol

I compiled a CWM version for the KZoom:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54813727&postcount=30
    BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

If anyone is interested, I have sucessfully Rooted my Galaxy K using this tutorial for the Note 3 Neo:

It uses CF-Auto-Root, and as I figured the Galaxy K and Note 3 Neo share the same processor it might be worth a try.

I have noticed no Ill effects so far, and everything works as expected. As there doesn't seem to be a forum for the K I didn't know where else to post this.

Enjoy!

thanks you!!!!!!
    i will give it a look!

for now i tested Towelroot V3 without success.
    i'm going to test your method!

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

BOOOOOOOOOM, rooted!!!!!!!
    your method works great!!!!!!!!!!
    you're the main man ;)

ps: when Odin says "reset", the phone will shutdown and take more time to reboot. it's normal. it will take 30-40 seconds to reboot after the Odin action! it will install SuperSu, also. great; now i have full ownership on my phone. thanks to ddevey
    As one of the first to own one of these cameras on launch day, I have been pretty much promoting it everywhere and certainly contributed a lot in these and other similar forums. But as time has passed it's evident that Samsung has no love for this first edition as they have failed to keep it updated. Even the second edition offers little improvement, just a slight memory increase and minor CPU increase,it still runs Jelly Bean. It's a real shame as these two had so much potential.

The Galaxy Camera takes superb photo's but the interface lags and the start up is slow and it lacks so much that Kit-Kat could fix. Then there's the various scene modes found on the Galaxy S4 and S5 that aren't available on this capable camera.

So.. I recently played around with a Galaxy S4 Zoom and apart from only having 10x zoom rather than 21x and slightly smaller screen the whole experience seemed better. Which prompted me to look at the upcoming GALAXY K ZOOM. Released this week in the UK sporting a 20.7MP camera, better connectivity, double the ram, faster processor, much better battery life, Xenon and LED flash, NFC, many more scene choices, Android 4.4.2 and a lot more specs too many to mention... all in a lighter smaller chassis, and all for £360 (and includes a case thrown in for pre-orders worth £20) means I am done with the Galaxy Camera and today I have ordered the K Zoom.

I hope things for you guys improve, but I wouldn't be holding my breath sadly.

So, farewell Galaxy Camera forum, it's been nice knowing you.
    i'll wait for a cover with a protection for lens and zoom. now i'm using a cover for S4Zoom. is very comfortable because it does not even move when I use the zoom.