[Q] [SOLVED] Carrier Migration - Verizon to T-Mobile

Search This thread

librarat

Sep 4, 2010
Hey Guys,

I bought this phone a little while ago on Verizon, from a Verizon store. I'm one of the lucky few that was able to unlock it before their OTAs ruined life.

I'm running Clockwork touch, and it's been rom'd with a few different roms in its lifetime.

However, I've switched carriers and have run into an issue. I can text and make calls just fine, but when I try to hang up the dialer, it hangs and never finishes hanging up. It just sits there, still connected, and says "Hanging Up". The only other issue I have is that I never receive a call. When someone calls in, it rings normally, but the phone never brings up the incoming call screen.

Which leads me to believe that it's a radio firmware issue.

1: Is this correct?
2: How can I fix this? I have T-Mobile now, and have a good piece of hardware (that's totally unlocked and rooted). I'd really like to be able to continue using it.

Libra

Last edited:

ayemiller

Jun 5, 2012
Hey Guys,

I bought this phone a little while ago on Verizon, from a Verizon store. I'm one of the lucky few that was able to unlock it before their OTAs ruined life.

I'm running Clockwork touch, and it's been rom'd with a few different roms in its lifetime.

However, I've switched carriers and have run into an issue. I can text and make calls just fine, but when I try to hang up the dialer, it hangs and never finishes hanging up. It just sits there, still connected, and says "Hanging Up". The only other issue I have is that I never receive a call. When someone calls in, it rings normally, but the phone never brings up the incoming call screen.

Which leads me to believe that it's a radio firmware issue.

1: Is this correct?
2: How can I fix this? I have T-Mobile now, and have a good piece of hardware (that's totally unlocked and rooted). I'd really like to be able to continue using it.

Libra

If I'm not mistaken, the Verizon S4 lacks some of the radio bands that the T-Mobile version would have. This doesn't explain the weird no-hanging-up issue you're seeing though. What "baseband" version do you see when you go to settings->about phone->baseband

librarat

Sep 4, 2010
If I'm not mistaken, the Verizon S4 lacks some of the radio bands that the T-Mobile version would have. This doesn't explain the weird no-hanging-up issue you're seeing though. What "baseband" version do you see when you go to settings->about phone->baseband

Yea, that was I was beginning to suspect. I've got MDK for my baseband

librarat

Sep 4, 2010
Try updating your modem, either I545VRUEMK2_modem.zip or I545VRUFNC5_modem.zip. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487298

Flashed both modems, and same issues (though the random crasshes I was seeing of services/keyboard etc have disappeared now). I flashed a random NC2 rom, and everything worked as expected (dialer, etc) but it was full of the stock UI from Samsung. Not certain if that helps to narrow things down. I've been testing with the CM11 nightly from May 6

Below is a screenshot of what happens.. it literally just freezes at the "Hanging Up..." screen. None of the other buttons on the bottom row (dialer, mute, etc) are responsive, either. I never get an incoming call, either, despite it ringing from the other end/going to voicemail after the ring timeout.

Screenshot_2014-05-06-16-02-27.png

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
Flashed both modems, and same issues (though the random crasshes I was seeing of services/keyboard etc have disappeared now). I flashed a random NC2 rom, and everything worked as expected (dialer, etc) but it was full of the stock UI from Samsung. Not certain if that helps to narrow things down. I've been testing with the CM11 nightly from May 6

Below is a screenshot of what happens.. it literally just freezes at the "Hanging Up..." screen. None of the other buttons on the bottom row (dialer, mute, etc) are responsive, either. I never get an incoming call, either, despite it ringing from the other end/going to voicemail after the ring timeout.

View attachment 2729499

If a stock rom worked, you might try the GPE rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2643031

Reactions: librarat

librarat

Sep 4, 2010
Check your APN settings, it should be on one named "LTE - Verizon Internet" (VZWINTERNET).

You sir, are awesome. :) Did the trick. Had to do a little digging to find the right APN settings (had to add it in manually - deff. didn't want Verizon settings), but it's working great now.

Still can't come up with a reason the dialer was pooping...

Top Liked Posts