FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+/Win/RPi][v2.4.1] SoundSeeder - Synced Music Playback (Jan 21st)

228 posts
Thanks Meter: 229

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: SoundSeeder V2.4.1 released. Improved performance, bugfixes and new localizations
4th March 2015, 06:34 PM |#281  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Stream Windows sound with SoundSeeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHelix

Thanks @JekApps, SoundSeeder has made a great development since your first release!

Does anyone know a way to stream the system sound of a windows PC as http mp3 stream?
I'd like to connect soundseeder to my pc, but not only to Winamp like posted above...

Take a look at "Stream what you hear" for Windows by Sebastien Warin: http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/download/
It streams all Sounds as mp3 stream via HTTP/DLNA. It works fine with SoundSeeder and lets you stream music from every application or online music service like Spotify to your speakers.

Recommended setting is MP3 with 44100Hz, 16bit Stereo and 320kbit/s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swyh.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	3194246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-04-00-01-04.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	3194247  
5th March 2015, 11:52 AM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Take a look at "Stream what you hear" for Windows by Sebastien Warin: http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/download/
It streams all Sounds as mp3 stream via HTTP/DLNA. It works fine with SoundSeeder and lets you stream music from every application or online music service like Spotify to your speakers.

Recommended setting is MP3 with 44100Hz, 16bit Stereo and 320kbit/s.

Thank you. A very nice addition to soundseeder!
I'll use it for my next party to select the music with my pc and play it wirelessly to three different rooms
11th March 2015, 05:12 PM |#283  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi. awesome app. ios in the plans?
12th March 2015, 01:09 AM |#284  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizpothunter

hi. awesome app. ios in the plans?

Thank you!
No, I don't have any ios plans for now... Im very busy in improving the Android App and I neither own an i phone nor a MacBook (for developing the app).
12th March 2015, 11:18 AM |#285  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Amazon App Store
Good morning...

Many users asked me to provide an alternative way to install and upgrade (purchase) SoundSeeder.
From now on SoundSeeder is also available via the Amazon App Store:

SoundSeeder Music Player SoundSeeder Music Player

cheers
jens
The Following User Says Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
17th March 2015, 07:06 PM |#286  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Update V1.1.5
I've uploaded release v1.1.5 for the SoundSeeder Music Player.

Main focus of this update is a bugfix for devices with the Mediatek chipset (like Lenovo P780, Micromax A120 and many others).
On these devices the last 15-20s of each track were skipped.
You can find the new apk in the first post, on Google Play and Amazon.

cheers
Jens
The Following User Says Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
19th March 2015, 06:51 PM |#287  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guys am trying to develop similar app like sound seeder with a small diff instead of audio am trying to play a video here pls sujjest me some ideas pls
19th March 2015, 10:41 PM |#288  
Flag Mossel Bay
Thanks Meter: 643

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh.B

Guys am trying to develop similar app like sound seeder with a small diff instead of audio am trying to play a video here pls sujjest me some ideas pls

Start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk
27th March 2015, 05:35 PM |#289  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Huawei Honor 6 plus
Is here anyone who can help me investigating a bug on the Huawei Honor 6 plus?

A user reported that soundseeder crashes directly after it was started, without giving an option to send a bug report.
If anyone with this (or a similar Huawei phone) could verify this, you would help me very much. At the moment I have no idea whats going on...

Thank you
jens
29th March 2015, 11:33 PM |#290  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've a test device from my company and tested it.
Locks like a problem in v4 MediaSessionCompat

Here is the stacktrace of the crash:
Code:
STACK_TRACE = java.lang.NullPointerException
	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1474)
	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1422)
	at android.media.IAudioService$Stub$Proxy.registerMediaButtonIntent(IAudioService.java:1691)
	at android.media.AudioManager.registerMediaButtonIntent(AudioManager.java:2229)
	at android.media.AudioManager.registerMediaButtonEventReceiver(AudioManager.java:2214)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompatApi18.registerMediaButtonEventReceiver(Unknown Source)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat$MediaSessionImplBase.update(Unknown Source)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat$MediaSessionImplBase.setActive(Unknown Source)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat.setActive(Unknown Source)
The Following User Says Thank You to sverige80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sverige80 Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 12:58 PM |#291  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

I've a test device from my company and tested it.
Locks like a problem in v4 MediaSessionCompat

Here is the stacktrace of the crash:

Code:
STACK_TRACE = java.lang.NullPointerException
	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1474)
	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1422)
	at android.media.IAudioService$Stub$Proxy.registerMediaButtonIntent(IAudioService.java:1691)
	at android.media.AudioManager.registerMediaButtonIntent(AudioManager.java:2229)
	at android.media.AudioManager.registerMediaButtonEventReceiver(AudioManager.java:2214)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompatApi18.registerMediaButtonEventReceiver(Unknown Source)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat$MediaSessionImplBase.update(Unknown Source)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat$MediaSessionImplBase.setActive(Unknown Source)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat.setActive(Unknown Source)

You are right, it seems to be a bug in the android support v4r22 library with the Huawei Honor 6+.
I'll release a workaround this evening. Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)