FORUMS

[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a broken screen. Now with touchscreen support!!

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 251

By k.janku1, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2019, 08:41 PM |#411  
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSodo

no, it isn't.

You're probably pretty much out of luck then. You can try sending the device to a repair shop for them to use some hardware tools to retreive your data directly from the chip on the motherboard.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
11th November 2019, 08:44 PM |#412  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

You're probably pretty much out of luck then. You can try sending the device to a repair shop for them to use some hardware tools to retreive your data directly from the chip on the motherboard.

So there's literally no way for me to mirror my phone on my computer without having the usb debugging enabled is what you're saying?
11th November 2019, 08:45 PM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yup, because ur device isnt rooted and u dont have USB debugging on u cant use this tool or get USB debugging enabled through ADB. Best option is to go to a repairshop to either get ur screen repaired or ur data copied from ur phone.
11th November 2019, 09:23 PM |#414  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainnub

Yup, because ur device isnt rooted and u dont have USB debugging on u cant use this tool or get USB debugging enabled through ADB. Best option is to go to a repairshop to either get ur screen repaired or ur data copied from ur phone.

That is another option. If you feel like you can handle replacing the LCD/digitizer/glass combination, order a replacement that comes with a complete kit(tools and all). Then find a youtube video demonstrating how to disassemble a d replace screen on devices with your model number.
Quote:

So there's literally no way for me to mirror my phone on my computer without having the usb debugging enabled is what you're saying?

12th November 2019, 09:09 AM |#415  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,863

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

At least state what model your phone is and which firmware build its running.? Your options are dependent on this.
28th December 2019, 09:38 PM |#416  
Flag ─░stanbul

More
hi,
thanks for great tool. please we need more resolution options
1st January 2020, 07:14 PM |#417  
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisZaharyas

hi,
thanks for great tool. please we need more resolution options

No we do not.

Why bother with more resolution options?

This tool is not for permanent/regular use, it isn't the kind of tool that is used everyday. It is a tool that is only needed when a device is broken, it can do its job just fine even with the worst resolution possible. Performing its function is all that matters, how it looks on-screen isn't important at all.

It works, that is all you need to be concerned with.

26th January 2020, 11:04 PM |#418  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, could someone help me recover my Huawei p20 pro with a broken screen? enable adb debugging and connect to hadmi after Thanks a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to ghitamarius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghitamarius Ad-Free
30th January 2020, 04:58 PM |#419  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi i realy need help! i have here an huawei p20 pro and i need to mount the storages to enable the usb debugging - how to mount them? i cant find a working command!
11th February 2020, 12:51 PM |#420  

More
I failed to get it to work on my Redmi Note 5. My display is almost unreadable and my touchscreen does not work any more. It generates random presses everywhere so I cannot control anything via the display. No way to enable debugging mode via the touch screen when the USB cable is connected (tried this for about 30 minutes now...). Even turning off the phone takes many attempts because I need to hit the "Power off" icon and then the confirmation.

The phone is unlocked and I once had it rooted and if I remember correctly I used TWRP but this was apparently overwritten when MIUI did an update (dammit...!!!). I hope this did not reset the developer mode.

Now I managed to flash the most recent twrp for my phone with fastboot and I can boot into the twrp menu. I cannot read exactly what it says, something with "...select language", I see the keyboard and "...Unlock" at the bottom of the screen (only a part of the right side of the screen is readable)
But now "adb devices" does not find a device any more. I connected the USB cable after the twrp menu showed up and I also killed adb.exe from the task manager before trying it.

Any idea what I can do to access the phone?
25th March 2020, 02:53 PM |#421  

More
Can anybody help me please? I am able to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S7 and the phone is discovered in [email protected] However, under "State" I always get the "rejected" message. I have tried to re-connect to my phone several times without any luck. My LCD is damaged and not working (= black) so I can't respond to any pop-ups on my phone's screen. Any help is appreciated
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, broken, control, screen, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)