[APP 2.1+] Root Call Blocker - [PRE BETA SIGNUP NOW ACTIVE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Thank you, and if things crash, please use the debug popup we have created to send reports.

As for people going to voicemail - we are aware that some networks treat the "Reject" reply as go to voicemail. This is a network operator thing.

Hopefullt today we will add another reply - probably busy - so you can experiment with what your network does in case of rejected calls.

On some, the busy reply will work like the current "reject" is supposed to.

Reactions: fafrehugen

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Just installed the app. I'll report back in 3 days (or when an error occurs) whichever comes first. :D

X10 mini pro running xCyanogenMOD 3.6 by Owain

Thank you. Its always nice when people tell you what device they are on and which rom they are running.

Weve already received tens of crash reports from people who dont have root access. One would think people can read!

Reactions: fafrehugen

snakeeyes21

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you. Its always nice when people tell you what device they are on and which rom they are running.

Weve already received tens of crash reports from people who dont have root access. One would think people can read!

One shouldnt assume anything when it comes to people on this site ;)

Best to assume everybody is a inbred hillbilly then you wont go far wrong..

harland3

Feb 9, 2011
San Diego, CA
Sorry I never got a logcat for the issues I was having before, but after the latest update, everything seems to be resolved.

Thank you very much for this awesome app!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
For now just calls, but we are working on SMS and will add the feature next week.

kalel33

Apr 7, 2011

All it takes is to look at the screenshot apps on the marketplace and all the people giving it 1 star rating because it didn't work on their stock rom phone, even though they state that you need to be rooted.

b3er

Mar 9, 2011

Attachments

• device432.jpg
    device432.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,011

jjaskier

Feb 20, 2011
Rooted desire. Program first of all makes you enter your pin number. Then, when using blacklist functionality, the person who calls you hears one long tone (as if you're ready to answer the phone) and then the busy tone.
As for me, it's below my expectations.

>>> Desire za pomocą Swype i Tapatalk. ;) <<<

Archpope

Jun 26, 2006
OC, CA
Looks great. I'll have to give it a try after work today.

One feature I've always wanted in a call blocker is a timer. What I mean is, I'd like to set my phone so that all calls in the blacklist are always blocked, but from, say, 1AM-8AM, all calls are blocked except those in my whitelist. If my mom needs to call me for emergency reasons, I don't want her not to get through just because my phone didn't ring. I've yet to see this in any call blocker for Android, even though it was a fairly common feature in Windows Mobile. And yes, I'd be willing to pay for the call blocker that offers that feature!

So far seems to be working on my HTC Inspire 4G running Inspired Ace 1.0. I did have to use the alternate reject to keep it from going to voice mail.

A couple of features I think would make this the perfect call blocker 1) ability to import/export black/white lists 2) be able to use wildcards in the lists. Other than those items I think this is a great start and am looking forward to when it is completed. If it is a paid app I'm sure I will buy it when finished.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions! We will try to implement them over the course of the coming weeks.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Is anyone experiencing trouble with the white lists?

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Is anyone experiencing trouble with the white lists?

Yes, no matter how I set this up I can't get reliable performance. Sometimes blacklisted #'s get blocked & sometimes they get thru. The white list is the same, sometimes they get thru, sometimes they get blocked instead. I don't use task killers so there's nothing but the froyo memory manager to deal with. Going back to AutoRing for now. Hope this gets straightened out though. Its a great concept.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Call Blocker - powerful call control for root users

Feeling paranoid? Need privacy? Discretion? Get Root Call Blocker, an advanced call and SMS firewall for Android.

Unlike all other call blocking apps, Root Call Blocker silently blocks calls at a system level. You need not even know its working.

Supported languages: English, Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Pyccĸий, Українська.

If you want to help translate, visit http://bit.ly/wCgD4j

Advantages:

- A call will never go through
    - Your phone never rings
    - Reject calls from anyone, including restricted numbers
    - Wildcards block groups of callers
    - Keep blocked calls and messages hidden
    - Five reject methods, including "Don't answer"
    - Per-number logging

Features:

- Multiple profiles
    - Groups integration
    - Exceptions
    - SMS auto-replies
    - Toggle widget
    - Scheduling
    - Logging
    - In-app replies
    - Persistent and event notifications
    - Customizable vibrate notifications
    - Export from hidden logs
    - Low profile
    - And much, much more

Debugging

Please follow the instructions in the app's Settings menu to send us logs of your error. Reproduce the error, then send the log.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta

The Trial allows you to block one ITEM. You can use Groups to block multiple contacts.

Screens:

Piss off.

And everyone else: if you have a problem, replicate it and send logs through the app. larryatapproved has the right idea.

I did what larryatapproved did twice in the last 2 weeks and still haven't gotten back to. To be perfectly honest if your app was a dollar I could understand (a little) your attitude. But it wasn't a dollar it was around 6 (I believe). With a higher priced app like yours I would have expected a better sense of customer service. I have been polite and inquisitive in all of my inquiries to you. And in return have not been given the same level of respect.

I have downloaded free apps that resulted in outstanding customer service. Sendit being one of them from xda. If I were to make an app that costs 6 bucks. And had people working for me (like you say you do). I would bend over backwards to help a customer in a very calm and professional manor. Constructive criticism from buyers is not a bad thing , but rather a form of respect. They want to see the app work. Which is why they are asking you questions. If you weren't willing to accept that, you should have do one of two things. Either.
    A) make your app free. The you wouldn't feel obligated to respond.
    B) write in your app description that every problem is user error. Cause nothing could possibly be wrong on your end.

Hell, Google makes apps. They get negative reviews. Do you see them snapping at people? And there's are free. Not everything is formulated to work on the vast majority of android phones. But take pride in your work and look into the problems. They're are two sides to a developer. Obviously one is the developmental side. And the other is people skills. Don't you realize that we are your testers? You have 3 s3's you said right? We're the ones with HTC, Motorola, LG, Samsung, and all the sub variants of them.

A little nicer approach instead of "piss off" would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium
    Re: [APP 2.1+] Root Call Blocker - the fastest call blocker on Android

Here is what happened..

1. Read thread title and OP
    2. Liked the app, downloaded free version
    3. While app is being installed, read last few pages of the thread
    4. Un-installed app without running it even once

Tapatalked from Desire S running Andromadus
    What a pathetic response from the developer, been looking around for a call blocking app but certainly won't be using this one with attitudes like that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    Hello random troll guy in my ignore list. We have 2 s3 handsets running the latest available european stock jb and everything works fine.

I'm not the only JB user experiencing signal loss (if you actually read the Play Store reviews, which you obviously don't). Most of the complaints seem to be coming from Motorola Droid Razr users (Maxx and M). Whenever you decide to stop ignoring Motorola users, let us know. An S3 is not a Motorola phone... in case you were confused.

I'm adding Google Play review screenshots below that support my claims of loss of radio signal when running Root Call Blocker due to the rude nature of the developer claiming somehow that by inquiring about a possible fix for my faulty app I am "trolling". I'm simply hoping for a fix. Again, great app when it's working, and absolutely terrible customer service. These are just the first few pages of reviews which support my claims that many users are experiencing the same issue. Loss of radio signal.

The problem is real. If you don't care to fix your app, just say you don't care. If you do care, stop playing make believe.

qnty0i.png

14o6xj.png

352qlgo.png