Samsung is taking back samsung galaxy R

Search This thread

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
ok they are not refunding. Is there any garentee that they will fix it ?
im getting these problems in my cell

when a call come i am unable to accept it because touch screen wont work i have to set it at home button

sometimes sound issue(earphone plug out sound wont come through headset speaker) but i get it fix by myself :p

major problem battery, it drain without using it happen once in week.( i charged it at night and in morning my phone was dead because of battery drain automatically)

but one thing i didn't face that black screen problem so far im using this set from January its almost 6 months

Don't worry you can get rid of these problems by flashing ZSLE6 ROM because i am using it and i have never faced these problems...

If you don't want to install it take it to Samsung Service Center they will re install the stock ROM and check it, if you still face these problems they will replace the motherboard..

Reactions: DeceptiPrime

DeceptiPrime

Feb 25, 2012
Delhi
Don't worry you can get rid of these problems by flashing ZSLE6 ROM because i am using it and i have never faced these problems...

If you don't want to install it take it to Samsung Service Center they will re install the stock ROM and check it, if you still face these problems they will replace the motherboard..

Is that android 4 rom ?? For galaxy R is it any good ?

shankarcps

Jan 15, 2012
INDIA
Even my Galaxy R was dead after 2 months of buying date , I havent rooted..no custom ROM , but Dead . Went to Samsung Service Center and they said its motherboard issue and they fixed it within 4 days....its working fine now...

F3niX

Jul 9, 2010
Hyderabad
Yeah.. A batch of SGRs had that issue
Even my phone went dead. Went to SSC, after 2 weeks got my phone with Mobo Replaced

khushi31289

Oct 22, 2012
How to get Refund of Samsung Galaxy R??

Hi man, I am facing the same problem with my phone. Firstly I has bought it in Jan 2012 so jst aftr a month its Mother Board got damaged, When I went to customer Care she said its because of over charging. Aftr getting it repaired the phone still shows persistent issues It starts hanging, touch pad doesnt work, constantly keeps vibrating & wont stop till d battery is removed & den re-fitted. only after that it'll start properly.

Now, yesterday night it was working but today wen I woke up it was switched off & its not turning on. I charged it for half an hour but its dead it seems. have the phone in warranty period. Can u tell me how did u return the device/phone???

Guys,

My Samsung galaxy R got Dead. when i approached the service center, They informed me that they will take back the cell. I will get full refund.

FYI my cell was completely Dead.
The same happened with one of my friiend

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Hi man, I am facing the same problem with my phone. Firstly I has bought it in Jan 2012 so jst aftr a month its Mother Board got damaged, When I went to customer Care she said its because of over charging. Aftr getting it repaired the phone still shows persistent issues It starts hanging, touch pad doesnt work, constantly keeps vibrating & wont stop till d battery is removed & den re-fitted. only after that it'll start properly.

Now, yesterday night it was working but today wen I woke up it was switched off & its not turning on. I charged it for half an hour but its dead it seems. have the phone in warranty period. Can u tell me how did u return the device/phone???

Samsung will not refund you the amount they will change the Mother Board and give it back and we are not facing these problem what you are telling so something is related to H/W better you take it to SSC.....

Once they replace the mother board and if you still facing these kind of issues just report the issues to SSC manger...

xdaskull

Aug 21, 2012
I have had a similar experience since Jan 2012, fed up with this phone. Got the mobo replaced and rom flashed multiples times by the SSC and I am about to be done with the warranty period. Whats gonna happen after the warranty?? ****!! :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That was quick! But then, correct me if I am wrong the warranty if for 6 months?
    And I am not sure if we are going to be updated it with ICS in 2 months.

As far as I understand the warranty on the battery and accessories is for 6 months,the handset itself is secure for 1 year.So no worries there.And the ICS update is expected within the next 1.5 months.
    The point is if the bugs are to such an extent that they are really hampering your everyday usage then you should get it replaced soon. In my case I need to restart my phone probably once a day and it really doesnt affect me that much
    hello,
    i rooted my device and i tried some stupid custom roms lately...
    i even changed my kernel to a chiness kernel... now i want to get my kernel back to stock kernel and stock rom so that i can take my phone back to customer care..
    please help
    thank you

use the below link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420596

or you can download using checkfus.
    Guys please tell me one thing can i give this device to samsung and will sammy give me full refund is this possible ?? Because if this possible then im gonna get gs3 soon ;-)

No you will not get the refund because still spare parts are available in market.
    ok they are not refunding. Is there any garentee that they will fix it ?
    im getting these problems in my cell

when a call come i am unable to accept it because touch screen wont work i have to set it at home button

sometimes sound issue(earphone plug out sound wont come through headset speaker) but i get it fix by myself :p

major problem battery, it drain without using it happen once in week.( i charged it at night and in morning my phone was dead because of battery drain automatically)

but one thing i didn't face that black screen problem so far im using this set from January its almost 6 months

Is that android 4 rom ?? For galaxy R is it any good ?

No, Android 4.0 has not been released yet but it's expected to release in the last week of this month & the one in the above post is Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread ROM.

Hope this helps. :)