Anyone knwo what VZWInstaller.apk and VzwLBSPerm.apk do?

Search This thread

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
I don't know what they do, but I'm running Ice Cream Senseless (which is a themed and stripped down stock ROM). VzwLBSPerm.apk is there, VZWInstaller.apk is not. So you should be fine to delete VZWInstaller.apk, but leave VzwLBSPerm.apk alone. If my memory serves me correctly, LBS stands for Location Based Services. There's a good chance deleting that would break your GPS.

Reactions: Hand76

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Thanks man. At this point I know what about 90% of all apps do (and if they are needed or not) but I am going to go to the well again and ask if you or anyone also know anything about these two guys:

DMPortRead.apk
or
FilePicker.apk

Have googled just about everything I can on these two and can not find a response anywhere.

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
I have no idea, really. Both of these apps are included on the ROM I am running, so the dev who made it must have thought they were worthwhile. I did a little googling too and I believe DMPort would stand for Digital Media Port. Whatever that actually means...

Maybe somebody else has a better answer.

Reactions: Hand76

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
I have no idea, really. Both of these apps are included on the ROM I am running, so the dev who made it must have thought they were worthwhile. I did a little googling too and I believe DMPort would stand for Digital Media Port. Whatever that actually means...

Yea DMPort may have something to do with the dock/car dock, but not sure.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I have always deleted both of them and have not had any issues. As to whay they do im not sure. But i figure if its got vzw in the name i probably dont want it. If you google them they mostly show up in safe to remove bloatware lists, but cant find anything on what they are.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know what they do, but I'm running Ice Cream Senseless (which is a themed and stripped down stock ROM). VzwLBSPerm.apk is there, VZWInstaller.apk is not. So you should be fine to delete VZWInstaller.apk, but leave VzwLBSPerm.apk alone. If my memory serves me correctly, LBS stands for Location Based Services. There's a good chance deleting that would break your GPS.