What device introduced you to the Android world?

Search This thread

bebeloneovvl

Apr 16, 2010
I remember back in the days, when the phones actually were used for phone calls and maybe couple of texts. I'm not that old school, at least at she 30, I still consider myself pretty young. Growing up, racing cars was my passion. After becoming an adult, getting married and having kids, everything changed for me. Couldn't spend the amount of cash I used to on cars. So I decided to sell my car. And with having experience only on couple flip phones, including the EXE, I decided to order a blackberry Curve 8330. I stated getting interest in the tweaking and messing with it. Updating firmwares was about the most exciting thing I was doing back them. One day I walked in a radio shack store, and there it was, the HTC HD2. Immediately feel in love with the big screen and design. It was love at first sight. Being a windows phone didn't matter at the time, since I was not familiar with the Android world, so I didn't know better. Then, came across XDA, and everything changed. Started reading about Android and the goodies that it had, and found out that there was a way to boot Android on my device from the as card. Had the first taste, and never looked back. Currently own a Samsung galaxy Note, running ICS 4.0.4, and I'm loving it.
That's the way I was introduced to this amazing world, with all this amazing people, willing to sacrifice time with the family and restless nights cooking awesome software for people that they not even know, and many times aren't even grateful of their job. Thanks Android, for giving me a great opportunity of interacting with awesome and brilliant people. And grateful for this great hobby.

djxcee

Oct 2, 2010
The nexus one! Amazing phone at the time. I still have it running ICS as a backup phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

pappyfire

May 26, 2009
Mentone, AL
I've had a cellular phone since before cellular was available to the public (worked for an equipment mfg and was part of the field trials). Since then, I've had a butt load of phones. My first smart phone was Windows CE, had several WIndows Mobile phones after that. Then came the Dell Streak - fell in love with Android and will never go to anything else. Current phone is the GNote, just wish it would get ICS soon.

COA4178

Apr 3, 2009
HTC g2 i always bragged on how much the little device Could do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

envision

Oct 21, 2007
Tampa
original HTC EVO Here only had it a short time though Play store wasnt what it is today I went back to iPhone till the note came out now i'm sold

rogsoccerman

Feb 11, 2011
June 2010 I got the Motorola backflip I feel in love with Android but after the first 6 months the processor at 528 mhz was unbearably slow. The great devs created cm7 for it which just barley made it bearable to wait until February when my contract was up. I had no problems moving from the 3.1in screen to the 5.2 in screen on the note. I still think having the keyboard on the back than flipping backwards is the best design for a phone with a keyboard.

Reactions: xhepera

dynamikd

Oct 19, 2008
My first Android device was the Mytouch 3g Slide. I absolutely loved that phone. I rooted it and threw CM on it and the phone was blazing. Later that same year, I went and purchased my first vanilla Android device, the HTC G2. Never thought about getting a non vanilla Android since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

ksprelude01

Jul 15, 2007
St Louis
Ive had my fare share of phone over the years. My Signature below shows all of them in order....I loved WM phones and being able to flash all the different roms that everyone on XDA made for them. So of course once I could finally got an android that would work on att I switched over and loved it ever since! The TMobile HD2 was my switch over phone...running both WM and android...it was nice having WM for daily use and Android to start playing with and use to so once the HTC Aria came out I made the full switch to android.

Last edited:

tactical45

Mar 31, 2011
In the mitt
My first was a blackberry curve, I didn't do anything to it and didn't know much about phones at that time. Then I upgraded to the galaxy s captivate. with XDA's help I learned how to customize it the way I wanted! I retired my captivate for the note and I love this phone, and am grateful for all the devs on here to help me customize this beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

jaydiamonds

Oct 18, 2007
Yeah same here. I started with the HTC 8125 and Tilt 2(winmo). Then came across the Dell Streak when the Tilt 2 was discontinued for sale. Now a note. Love Android!

I've had a cellular phone since before cellular was available to the public (worked for an equipment mfg and was part of the field trials). Since then, I've had a butt load of phones. My first smart phone was Windows CE, had several WIndows Mobile phones after that. Then came the Dell Streak - fell in love with Android and will never go to anything else. Current phone is the GNote, just wish it would get ICS soon.

DarknessTM

Oct 25, 2007
HTC touch ( ran android beta on it) official device was the Google Ion.

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
Started with G1 as my first android phone. I thought it was awesome phone at that time. But started playing with all the rooting and changing roms is with my fav Nexus One. That phone was one of my favorite phones ever.

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
Started smartphones with the HTC dash running winmo on TMobile. Then iPhone 3g. Got bored of that after a year, pounced on the Captivate and never looked back. From the captivate I got the infuse and now my note. Long live Android. =]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember back in the days, when the phones actually were used for phone calls and maybe couple of texts. I'm not that old school, at least at she 30, I still consider myself pretty young. Growing up, racing cars was my passion. After becoming an adult, getting married and having kids, everything changed for me. Couldn't spend the amount of cash I used to on cars. So I decided to sell my car. And with having experience only on couple flip phones, including the EXE, I decided to order a blackberry Curve 8330. I stated getting interest in the tweaking and messing with it. Updating firmwares was about the most exciting thing I was doing back them. One day I walked in a radio shack store, and there it was, the HTC HD2. Immediately feel in love with the big screen and design. It was love at first sight. Being a windows phone didn't matter at the time, since I was not familiar with the Android world, so I didn't know better. Then, came across XDA, and everything changed. Started reading about Android and the goodies that it had, and found out that there was a way to boot Android on my device from the as card. Had the first taste, and never looked back. Currently own a Samsung galaxy Note, running ICS 4.0.4, and I'm loving it.
    That's the way I was introduced to this amazing world, with all this amazing people, willing to sacrifice time with the family and restless nights cooking awesome software for people that they not even know, and many times aren't even grateful of their job. Thanks Android, for giving me a great opportunity of interacting with awesome and brilliant people. And grateful for this great hobby.
    my first post here in XDA.

I come in peace from another planet "Apple" and would like to make peace with the people of Android..

Galaxy SIII is my first phone that I have owned. I love it and I am loving Android! :D
    for me it was the HTC G1, Edge speed on At&t was awful but I really loved the phone

June 2010 I got the Motorola backflip I feel in love with Android but after the first 6 months the processor at 528 mhz was unbearably slow. The great devs created cm7 for it which just barley made it bearable to wait until February when my contract was up. I had no problems moving from the 3.1in screen to the 5.2 in screen on the note. I still think having the keyboard on the back than flipping backwards is the best design for a phone with a keyboard.
    Dell streak and really soon Samsung galaxy SL

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium