Note III TW Theming Q&A

Search This thread

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
I have been using your (Gunthermic and Avg Joe's) themes and apps since the Thunderblot. Love pretty much all that you do. Being as I'm out of work til the end of Jan, I am contemplating making an icon pack usable with apex/nova/xposed with darkhorse inspired icons. Because let's face it, we know you are not gonna theme thousands of apps. But I like and prefer the dh color palette and I know many others do as well.
My questions are these:
1. Permission to do so, as I will be using some of your work.
2. What are your main color palette codes?
3. What is the best way to tackle this, as this is gonna take some time theming for 1000+ icons for multiple resolutions?
My first thought is to use an existing apk that I can decompile as a template and recompile. Any other suggestions as how to proceed?

Thank you sir!

♢NoteIII♢

dan_joegibbsfan

Sep 19, 2010
Waverly, OH
I have been using your (Gunthermic and Avg Joe's) themes and apps since the Thunderblot. Love pretty much all that you do. Being as I'm out of work til the end of Jan, I am contemplating making an icon pack usable with apex/nova/xposed with darkhorse inspired icons. Because let's face it, we know you are not gonna theme thousands of apps. But I like and prefer the dh color palette and I know many others do as well.
My questions are these:
1. Permission to do so, as I will be using some of your work.
2. What are your main color palette codes?
3. What is the best way to tackle this, as this is gonna take some time theming for 1000+ icons for multiple resolutions?
My first thought is to use an existing apk that I can decompile as a template and recompile. Any other suggestions as how to proceed?

Thank you sir!

♢NoteIII♢

Permission is handled by Gunthermic and Jon but if get to a point of building an icon pack feel free to contact me. I started an icon pack eclipse project a few weeks ago to learn how it all works. The good news is you only have to build one image and it will work for all resolutions. The bad news is you have to have it coded for all possible activities for whatever launcher(s) you choose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385598736201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385598736201.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 459
Reactions: LeftyGR

fresh401

May 13, 2011
thou eksidt

You need to have:

Android SDK
A graphic program like Gimp, Paint.Net, Photoshop
Apktool Manager
Java 6 and/or 7

That would be a start. Then you need to learn how to decompile Android Apk's

OK got all that now what file do I change? There are multiples of the same file.

Huge thanks!:good:

IN8skillz

Oct 23, 2011
Can you tell me where the 9.png that controls the power menu is located?

The one that pops up when you hold down the power button..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

USMC retired

Inactive Recognized Themer
Mar 10, 2011
Corn Country
there is a way

I'm excited. I can't wait until there is a way to change this stupid white messages and dialer.

Download my theme

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Can you tell me where the 9.png that controls the power menu is located?

The one that pops up when you hold down the power button..

framework.res.apk

Reactions: mmaria452

IN8skillz

Oct 23, 2011
I was asking which 9.png, I know it's in the framework-res.apk. thanks anyway

Xanza89

Oct 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Quick question. I've been working on an AOSP style theme and so far I've only had one issue that I can't seem to figure out. I am trying to change the pressed state of the alarm repeat function. By default it is green when pressed, I am looking to change that. After decompiling clockpackage.apk I've managed to get everything set up exactly how I want it and this is the last little thing I need to change. Hopefully someone can give me an answer as to what I am missing here?

TJF2012

Dec 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm trying to theme my battery icon. I've tried the XTbattery themer mod but it just gives me options for a circle battery. So I'm not able to change the battery because I already have a circle battery.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
I'm trying to theme my battery icon. I've tried the XTbattery themer mod but it just gives me options for a circle battery. So I'm not able to change the battery because I already have a circle battery.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

I dont use that app sir. But there is some batteries post in Themes Section or you have the XDA Kitchen as well.

gunnermike

Dec 13, 2010
Crestview
I'm on the S4 but the answer will hopefully be the same. I'm trying to invert the 4.3 SecContacts.apk. I just may fly to Korea and shoot the guy that just changes crap for no freaking reason.

How the *&%#^& do I change the white to black? The background behind the dialer buttons, and well all the freaking tabs. I don't get it. No matter what I do it wont freaking change.

Please, not only will you help me theme my dialer, others will enjoy that theme too. Most importantly, I don't like kemchi, its disgusting. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to ferment rotten cabbage for a freaking year?!? And who was the first dumbass to put that crap in his mouth?

barrackOBAMA

Jan 17, 2013
Gun thermic. ...
You look very familiar.

I believe I used your work on the s4 or note 2?

Anyways.

I remember back on the note 2 we have a flashable list for s pen hover icons and spen sounds.

Is this possible for the note 3?

Appreciate it man

SS4Luck

Oct 26, 2011
Is there an app/file that will hide the signal bars in my status bar? My phone is rooted, safestrapped and running hyperdrive. I dont need the signal bars and just wanted to clean up the look a little bit

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
I'm on the S4 but the answer will hopefully be the same. I'm trying to invert the 4.3 SecContacts.apk. I just may fly to Korea and shoot the guy that just changes crap for no freaking reason.

How the *&%#^& do I change the white to black? The background behind the dialer buttons, and well all the freaking tabs. I don't get it. No matter what I do it wont freaking change.

Please, not only will you help me theme my dialer, others will enjoy that theme too. Most importantly, I don't like kemchi, its disgusting. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to ferment rotten cabbage for a freaking year?!? And who was the first dumbass to put that crap in his mouth?

Email sent with Blacked BG's Version sir!!

Is there an app/file that will hide the signal bars in my status bar? My phone is rooted, safestrapped and running hyperdrive. I dont need the signal bars and just wanted to clean up the look a little bit

SystemUI is where Signal Bars are located.

b00sted

Dec 24, 2009
Mount Morris NY
I have what is probably a dumb question and I could not find it via googling.. I use to theme on the Galaxy tab 10.1 but one thing someone did for me so I never dealt with it is added the pubic id's for the animated battery. So to get to the point.. how in the heck do I figure out the Public id's for the 0-100 for battery and 0-100 for battery charging on our phones? thanks in advance :)

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
I have what is probably a dumb question and I could not find it via googling.. I use to theme on the Galaxy tab 10.1 but one thing someone did for me so I never dealt with it is added the pubic id's for the animated battery. So to get to the point.. how in the heck do I figure out the Public id's for the 0-100 for battery and 0-100 for battery charging on our phones? thanks in advance :)

Dont need to. Once u compile it generates them for u. Only exception is if u use a mod like didacts. Then to see public id add all ur batteries. Compile and then decompile. U will see the ones it assigna.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

b00sted

Dec 24, 2009
Mount Morris NY
I am getting a error compiling

C:\Users\b00sted\Decompile\apktool\SystemUI\res\drawable\qs_sys_battery_charging
.xml:97: error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'drawable' with value 'drawa
ble/tw_stat_sys_battery_charge_93').

am I just being dense, it has been over a year since I have touched this stuff lol

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
I am getting a error compiling

C:\Users\b00sted\Decompile\apktool\SystemUI\res\drawable\qs_sys_battery_charging
.xml:97: error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'drawable' with value 'drawa
ble/tw_stat_sys_battery_charge_93').

am I just being dense, it has been over a year since I have touched this stuff lol

without seeing the xml, by the error you have a typo error in line 96,97,98 that is causing the error to show. forget a @ before drawable on line 97

Top Liked Posts