HushSMS is an App that allows you to send messages that regularly only providers are able to send (among others).
Additionally HushSMS includes an alerting feature which shows detailed info if you receive some special SMS messages (like the ones HushSMS is able to send). On some devices like the Nexus 5 (only verified on the official 4.4.4 KitKat ROM) you are even able to be notified if someone is trying to track you via Type0 SMS messages (some government agencies usually use these message in conjunction with your provider to locate you).
Full description is available here.
For full functionality you need a rooted device with the Xposed Framework installed as HushSMS makes heavy use of Xposed functions.
If you own a HTC device with an official Sense ROM you are not required to use Xposed, but I recommend you do.
Buy it and if it does not work you just drop me a line within 1 day after purchase and I will refund!
UPDATE: 31.07.2014: Version 2.7.2 is out
- UI changes
- Added notification sound for Alert Messages
- Changed some functions so that users with a HTC device with Sense UI ROM can now also use the Xposed Module (not required though)
- Removed the annoying “allyourmessages…” message from the inbox when using Xposed (now only shows “HushSMS message sent”)
UPDATE: 30.07.2014: Version 2.7.1 is out
- Set the fields for Number and Message as variable instead static in the Tasker plugin. This should give you some more flexibility when using HushSMS with Tasker.
- Fixed a bug in the “Alert Feature” where alert where not shown under some circumstances
UPDATE: 25.07.2014: Version 2.7 is out
It fixes a bug where CM11 build after 31.06.2014 where not compatible. Working fine on the latest CM11 now.
Also this is a "reunion build", which means that the Xposed Module is now integrated again. So you don't have to install a separate Xposed Helper Module. Pleas make sure uninstalling/disabling the old Xposed Helper Module prior to using v2.7.
UPDATE: 07.07.2014: Version 2.6.1 is out
It now contains a feature that alerts you when special SMS are coming in (like the ones you can send with HushSMS itself).
Additionally several smaller bugs where eliminated.
Also HushSMS now has an update checker built in. Just see in the settings or use the context menu.
UPDATE: 04.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out and you can buy it via PayPal
Just visit the below link and you can buy it via PayPal
Existing customers that purchased HushSMS from the Goole Play Store will receive the update of course free of charge. Just write an emal to licensing_at_silentservices.de with you Play Store Order Number and I will send you the APK.
I will add an update mechanism as well as a licensing system in the next weeks.
UPDATE2: 03.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out. Unfortunately you currently cannot purchase it
After Google dropped HushSMS now also AndroidPit dropped it from their market. They didn't even notify me.
I will try to find a way to get it up somewhere else.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
UPDATE: 03.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out. Unfortunately only at AndroidPit
Today Google decided to banish HushSMS from the Play Store due to "policy violations". They called it a dangerous app and stated some other points. HushSMS does nothing else then sending messages defined in the 3GPP Specification 23.040 (and other official specifications).
Anyway, the current version 2.5.2 is available on AndroidPit only currently. In addition the Xposed Module has been updated to version 1.7.3 (backward compatible to the last official Play Store Version)
UPDATE: 01.10.2013: Version 2.1.8 is out.
- Changed they way class0 messages are sent because on some devices they did not work
- There is now a Xposed module available here: https://silentservices.de/HushSMSExposedHelper.apk
- The Xposed module will enable any rooted device (root because of the Xposed Framework) to send class0, type0 (stealth ping) and MWI messages even with a stock ROM and without the need for the sendRawPdu method to be present
UPDATE: 09.09.2013: Version 2.0.2 is out.
- Added Unicode support for Class0 Message. Now Unicode characters like Chinese or Russian letters are supported. (user request)
- Added option to choose between DCS or UDH method for MWI Messages (user request)
- Fixed a bug in MMS notification. It's now fully working again. This message is anonymous. Be aware that iPhones can not display MMS Notifications
- Added option to choose the URI prefix for WAP Push SI and SL messages. Some operator force to http if no standard prefix is chosen
Comments, thoughts, wishes and rants are all welcome.