Got Some Nice E3D Screen Protectors

Search This thread

RedWingsFan

Jul 7, 2010
I picked up a set of these ultra- clear ones and installed one yesterday. They work very well and remind me of the CaseMate brand ones I used on my EVO 4G. Can't even see that it is on and does a good job not showing finger prints.

TIP: Make sure when you peel off the 2nd tab, it takes the 2nd piece of film with it. At first I peeled the tab off and nothing came off. I figured the 2nd tab was just for helping to position the protector on the screen. Then I noticed it was tacky and scratched really easy. I realized I left the 2nd film on.

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Nice find man im on ebay checkin what is rollin out. They have a few great ones on there for the 3D. Have no idea why folks are sayin go naked without a screen protector because of gorilla glass the stuff still scratches if you have a lighter in your pocket keys or dirt from work.

I prefer a screen protector and a case nothing is more sucks more then a big ass scratch and chip on the side of your phone or the scratch in the middle of you screen. :eek: :D

zigarath

Jun 1, 2009
Just so yall can have some confidence on gorilla glass, I took pair of scissors and a staple remover to our store model. I stabbed the screen ran across it at full force and not a scratch on it. I think ill do without screen protectors this time

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Nice find man im on ebay checkin what is rollin out. They have a few great ones on there for the 3D. Have no idea why folks are sayin go naked without a screen protector because of gorilla glass the stuff still scratches if you have a lighter in your pocket keys or dirt from work.

I prefer a screen protector and a case nothing is more sucks more then a big ass scratch and chip on the side of your phone or the scratch in the middle of you screen. :eek: :D

Agreed. Especially if you know how to put them on right. You couldn't tell I had one on at all. Even though its anti glare, still looks sharp! I messed up slightly when I placed mine on, but I just peeled it off, rinsed it under the sink, wiped any lint or dust it collected from the air, shook some water off, placed on my screen, took my credit card and git the bubbles out, and bam! (Make sure you have a cloth to prevent water from going through the sides. Also to shine your screen.)

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D, Using Tapatalk!

Last edited:

Gibsonusa

Nov 16, 2010
Auburn W.A.
I've used Ghost Armor on my vibrant and loved how it felt like it was protecting the screen like crazy but wasnt to crazy about the orange peel looky effect it left. have never tried any other s.p. before (vibrant was the first smart phone ive owned, came from a old razor). Might as well take the plung and get one of these and see how they work. i think i may also get the defender series otterbox if it really does keep out dust and stuff like ive heard it does.

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
Pretty much. The clarivue screen protector covers completely side to side and maybe all but 1 mm or less up and down. It goes over the capacitive buttons and the entire screen just fine.

Awesome, thanks, I stopped my dad from buying overpriced crap at BB and even though I usually don't use screen protectors I might use the 2nd one in the order.

FYI - the promo code still works

Last edited:

HammDroid

Jan 15, 2011
Kansas City
I know there's been some confusion as to which phones have or do not have Gorilla Glass, but HTC & Corning Gorilla Glass both say the EVO 4G's have it, the EVO 3D does not.

Here's the list of HTC phones that have Gorilla Glass:

HTC: 7 Mozart, 7 Surround T8788, Aria, ChaCha, Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z, Dopod A6388, Dopod T8388, Dragon, Droid ERIS, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, G1, G2, HD2, HD7, HD mini, Hero, Incredible S, Inspire 4G, Legend, myTouch 3G, myTouch 3G Slide, myTouch 4G, T9199, Thunder Bolt, Tianxi T9188, Salsa, Trophy, Wildfire

I like how tough the Zagg InvisiShields are, but they do tend to have a sticky feel when your hands have any moisture on them, making sliding across the screen more difficult. The only other ones I've tried are the cheap crap, and they all sucked too badly to use again. I've had the Zagg shields on most of my phones now for awhile, and while not as perfect as going naked, I think its better off protecting my phone than taking a chance.

I really like the Otterbox on my EVO4G, but the built in screen protector scratches far too easily (just like the el cheapo ones), and it definitely makes the phone HUGE. I only have it on there for work.

On another note, Otterbox has the best service of any company I've ever dealth with. I guess thats mostly what you pay for when you spend $50 on a piece of plastic :p

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
I know there's been some confusion as to which phones have or do not have Gorilla Glass, but HTC & Corning Gorilla Glass both say the EVO 4G's have it, the EVO 3D does not.

Here's the list of HTC phones that have Gorilla Glass:

HTC: 7 Mozart, 7 Surround T8788, Aria, ChaCha, Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z, Dopod A6388, Dopod T8388, Dragon, Droid ERIS, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, G1, G2, HD2, HD7, HD mini, Hero, Incredible S, Inspire 4G, Legend, myTouch 3G, myTouch 3G Slide, myTouch 4G, T9199, Thunder Bolt, Tianxi T9188, Salsa, Trophy, Wildfire

I like how tough the Zagg InvisiShields are, but they do tend to have a sticky feel when your hands have any moisture on them, making sliding across the screen more difficult. The only other ones I've tried are the cheap crap, and they all sucked too badly to use again. I've had the Zagg shields on most of my phones now for awhile, and while not as perfect as going naked, I think its better off protecting my phone than taking a chance.

I really like the Otterbox on my EVO4G, but the built in screen protector scratches far too easily (just like the el cheapo ones), and it definitely makes the phone HUGE. I only have it on there for work.

On another note, Otterbox has the best service of any company I've ever dealth with. I guess thats mostly what you pay for when you spend $50 on a piece of plastic :p

It took them a while to update the page to show the EVO 4G last year. Is the absence of their name from this list your only evidence in your statement that this is not Gorilla Glass?

nejohnson

Apr 10, 2009
S4Ville
To all the people who ordered the anti-glare: how does the screen & 3d effect look with the protector on there?

I'm about to order and can't decide between the ultra-clear and the anti-glare.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
To all the people who ordered the anti-glare: how does the screen & 3d effect look with the protector on there?

I'm about to order and can't decide between the ultra-clear and the anti-glare.

Looks great. No loss. I'm tempted for privacy, but scared about losing my 3D.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using Tapatalk On The Now Network From Sprint!

mrazzino

Jul 2, 2010
Looks like Clarivue is currently sold out of the ultra clears. I will wait until they come back in stock as I don't think I'm sold on the anti-glare ones. I don't want to know I have a screen protector on my phone.

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
Looks like Clarivue is currently sold out of the ultra clears. I will wait until they come back in stock as I don't think I'm sold on the anti-glare ones. I don't want to know I have a screen protector on my phone.
Just buy some off eBay. You can get like 6 protectors for a few bucks. Sure they come from Hong Kong but they are the same material as the clarivue, etc.

HammDroid

Jan 15, 2011
Kansas City
It took them a while to update the page to show the EVO 4G last year. Is the absence of their name from this list your only evidence in your statement that this is not Gorilla Glass?

No its not. Thats why I said HTC & Corning both have stated this. HTC responded when a member from Android Central inquired about the material of the screen that this is not Gorilla Glass. This was the response:

"Dear XxXx,
I appreciate your interest in the HTC EVO 3D and you had some questions about this Android device. Some of our devices come with screens made out of a proprietary formula of glass and some have Gorilla glass. Unfortunately, this device is not one of those devices in the list for Gorilla glass.
Sincerely,
Danielle
HTC"

I have inquired myself about this in an email to HTC, but haven't yet received a response back. I don't expect it to be any different of course, but thought I'd throw it in there for verification as I was emailing them with some other questions.

mrazzino

Jul 2, 2010
Just buy some off eBay. You can get like 6 protectors for a few bucks. Sure they come from Hong Kong but they are the same material as the clarivue, etc.

I have problems trusting products on eBay that come from China/Hong Kong. I'd much rather wait and get the real thing with a lifetime warranty.

Also, here is the response I got back from Clarivue regarding the Ultra Clears for the 3VO:

"Thank you for writing to us.

We should be getting more ultra clear screen protectors for the HTC Evo 3d in stock by the end of the week. I can give you a new promotion code that will expire December 10, 2011 to ensure you will get the 10% off once the screen protectors are in stock. It is clarivue1210."

Also the website now shows that they will be in stock June 30.

*edit* Also, I just tried to enter both "clear630" and "clarivue1210" and the codes stack. We are now looking at $10.39 for two screen protectors! This will end June 30. Hopefully I can grab some Ultra Clears on the 30th before they go out of stock again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Must Say, These Are Nice. 2 For $11. W/ This Coupon: clear630

http://www.clarivue.com/htc-evo-3d-screen-protector.html

they also have a nice privacy finish protector and a sh!tty mirror protector. (mirror protectors look tacky imo)
    Full screen. Including buttons.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G Using Tapatalk On The Now Network From Sprint.
    Has anyone used these in the past? Are they better/worse than phantom skins, bse, zagg etc? Thanks.

Also, anyone have a preference on the carbon fiber skins. Is one better than the other I've looked around, but they all look the same to me. I am not talented enought to just use the tape like others have been doing.

I have. Theyre the best.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G Using Tapatalk On The Now Network From Sprint.
    Do the ultra clears cover the entire screen?
    Pretty much. The clarivue screen protector covers completely side to side and maybe all but 1 mm or less up and down. It goes over the capacitive buttons and the entire screen just fine.