[FIX][PORT]Complete Camera Exposures Fix + Instant Record Fix + Best Image Quality

Search This thread

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Hey guys, Seeing two fixes from trettet and umangleekha, and getting reports that replacing cam libs with N2 Rom libs causes the best reported image quality, but no zoom in Camcorder, and Trettes pull from a different Kang has this feature working but worse image quality.

After various testings of older Camera.apks from Cyanogenmod ports, I finally found the version (MATT MACKS CM 7.1) that works on the Current CM 7.2RC1 and the Camcorder function works perfectly

I made flashable zip combining trettets cam_fix (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1587870) and the libmmjpeg.so file from addfads N2, which is one of 3 files that are different between the two fixes, the two others being libcamera.so and libcamera_client.so (which I assume are responsible for the actual operation of the camera.)

The flashable Zip contains the APK with correct permissions and the Lib fixes.

I also removed the framework folder, as those files dont have anything to do with fixing the camera, and may cause unwanted bugs.

From personal tests I noticed the image quality is actually better from this combination and the shutter speed seems faster 2.

Please comment on any errors you experience, and the overall quality you perceive.

P.S The post contains 3 ZIPs,
1) JUST the Combined exposure fix Libs (with working camcorder zoom/ 4x Digital Picture Zoom), keeping the original CM 7.2 RC1 Camera.apk (with camcorder lag) [COMB_CamLibsFix-signed.zip]

2) The Combined Exposure fix Libs (with working camcorder zoom/ 4x Digital Picture Zoom) AND working Camera.apk [Complete_Camerafix_deniso177-signed.zip]

3) Extracted Libs from The latest N2 KANG from adfad (Better default Exposures/Camcorder zoom not working/ 2x Digital Picture Zoom) and the working Camera.apk [N2LIBS_Cameraapkfix_deniso177-signed.zip]

Attachments

• COMB_CamLibsFix-signed.zip
    4 MB · Views: 391
  • Complete_Camerafix_deniso177-signed.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 650
  • N2LIBS_Cameraapkfix_deniso177-signed.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 342
Last edited:

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
see to it If default exposure can be increased, ATM, libcamera.so is responsible for it, but it will make mine and your fix same :p

fundoozzz

Sep 21, 2011
New Delhi
Hi, thanks for the efforts but I got a better combo...
In your fix ,video lag goes off due to camera.apk but the exposure is still low (I flashed the complete one)
what I did is get libs from umangleekha fix and camera.apk from yours and Viola great camera exposure with video recording fix... :)

Reactions: Sandipkim

optimus-one

Dec 20, 2011
In your fix ,video lag goes off due to camera.apk but the exposure is still low (I flashed the complete one)
what I did is get libs from umangleekha fix and camera.apk from yours and Viola great camera exposure with video recording fix... :)

yesssss after replacing camera.apk its awesome now

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Yes but isnt the camera zoom still broken?

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Ok made a flashable zip for everyone else who want the N2 libs with Camera.apk combo

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi

that's a great idea, libcamera.so from adfad's N2 in my fix gives real awsome exposure

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, Seeing two fixes from trettet and umangleekha, and getting reports that replacing cam libs with N2 Rom libs causes the best reported image quality, but no zoom in Camcorder, and Trettes pull from a different Kang has this feature working but worse image quality.

After various testings of older Camera.apks from Cyanogenmod ports, I finally found the version (MATT MACKS CM 7.1) that works on the Current CM 7.2RC1 and the Camcorder function works perfectly

I made flashable zip combining trettets cam_fix (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1587870) and the libmmjpeg.so file from addfads N2, which is one of 3 files that are different between the two fixes, the two others being libcamera.so and libcamera_client.so (which I assume are responsible for the actual operation of the camera.)

The flashable Zip contains the APK with correct permissions and the Lib fixes.

I also removed the framework folder, as those files dont have anything to do with fixing the camera, and may cause unwanted bugs.

From personal tests I noticed the image quality is actually better from this combination and the shutter speed seems faster 2.

Please comment on any errors you experience, and the overall quality you perceive.

P.S The post contains 3 ZIPs,
    1) JUST the Combined exposure fix Libs (with working camcorder zoom/ 4x Digital Picture Zoom), keeping the original CM 7.2 RC1 Camera.apk (with camcorder lag) [COMB_CamLibsFix-signed.zip]

2) The Combined Exposure fix Libs (with working camcorder zoom/ 4x Digital Picture Zoom) AND working Camera.apk [Complete_Camerafix_deniso177-signed.zip]

3) Extracted Libs from The latest N2 KANG from adfad (Better default Exposures/Camcorder zoom not working/ 2x Digital Picture Zoom) and the working Camera.apk [N2LIBS_Cameraapkfix_deniso177-signed.zip]
    I flash it on nightlyfoure v6. Video record don't work.:rolleyes:
    I think picture quality is good as default.
    Can you fix.
    I waiting 10 -20 second but video doesn't work.
    Thats strange, I think the Nightly four already has some sort of fix included, so its possible these fixes are corrupting the Rom. This should work On cm 7.2
    I flash it on nightlyfoure v6. Video record don't work.:rolleyes:
    I think picture quality is good as default.
    Can you fix.
    Try the new fix if you wish, dont forget to backup your original files this time =)