[SEMI-FIX/BYPASS] Unlocking Bootloader when HTCdev site is crashing/semi-down

Search This thread

yousefarman89

Jan 29, 2012
Chicago
Yes if everyone does this then why would anyone have any errors? I have done this on more than 15 HTC One X devices, so I'm pretty sure my guide is useful for me at least. I could even say it's failproof if done correctly.

I even tried his guide you +1'd, but all my tabs did not load, however that is just a smaller condensed method of what I did, that method would still work and is identical to the process of my guide, as it still loads multiple pages anyways, but you can't say a Samsung Galaxy S II is useless compared to the Samsung Galaxy S III because the S II has outdated or a different architecture compared to the S III. Without an S II invented you won't get an S III, so without a guide like this, there would still be people running around yelling how HTC servers should be fixed and never actually getting a fix, and there would not be a compressed version of this guide.

ive tried your guide to the tee...its the same error 173 :/

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
HTC's servers are getting worse and worse, with over 6600 ping. Sometimes it also relates to where you are compared to how many times you try to load it. The site is obviously flawed and should be fixed. I couldn't get on the entire day. But I guess HTC doesn't want people breaking their warranties so I guess its a kind of sign telling you to stay away :p

heroisnotdead

Jun 7, 2011
Worked for me, but no email :(

I opened all 5 tabs on the token submit screen, pasted then submit on each tab. Of course, right then the site seemed to work fine. All responded with the success message a few seconds after submit was pressed. That was 30 mins ago; haven't gotten the email(s) yet. If I don't see them within 24 hours; I'm going back to my S2 or will get a spring Gnex and hope I get one that doesn't have signal issues.

Without s-off, the evo 4g lte is not a phone I want to keep long term.

daveo76

Jan 23, 2013
How long does it take to get a email from, HTCdev. I been waiting for over a hour. Why can't there just post my instructions what to do afterwards on the site instead. How long has use had to wait to get a email from them.

heroisnotdead

Jun 7, 2011
Me to

I'm presuming there is backlog due to the site being down. I have no idea if this is an automated process if there is human intervention. I'm hoping we'll have our emails by tomorrow AM.

heroisnotdead

Jun 7, 2011
Damn it

Haven't gotten emails from yesterday. Now I'm getting error 122 "email could not be sent"

I give up after today and will return the phone tomorrow. This is absurd. I know the Sprint Gnex has a vastly inferior VIA LTE chipset but damn, at least I could do what needed done with regards to unlocking and what not.

eelektro

Sep 27, 2010
After trying to unlock this for several hours, I gave up .. and will be using Nokia x1 for some time :rolleyes:

Methisfaction

Mar 6, 2011
For me the same! Yesterday it has worked (the token input story), but till now i never recieved an email...(3 different mails)
and today? the site may look like its down!

Damn, i hate my phone without Root :(

mjesr

Jan 15, 2013
htcdev

Htcdev is not working because of site maintace. Thier site is not going to work right now.

daveo76

Jan 23, 2013
It working

I just tried again to get my email for the unlock key and I got the email straight away this time :)

nofish

Jul 19, 2007
Hi. I am in a sort of a problem, my SGS3 GT-I9300 had CyanogenMod bootloader installed and everything working fine, , until i did something wrong, i think it was a wrong roms i tried to load from Odin 3.0.7
Now the bootloader/recovery is "Downloading" no matter what i try..I've been searching whole yesterday to find a solution, but no luck so far

Does any of u have any idea on how to overwrite the crappy bootloader/revocery CyanogenMod??

Thanks in advance for any help :)

eyesofice

Mar 31, 2011
ROC
Re: [FIX] Unlocking Bootloader when HTCdev site is crashing/semi-down [SERVER OVERLOA

I can't even get to the point to get the unlock token for the EVO 4g can anyone help?? Pm me

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

screenoff

Mar 29, 2013
Hey guys,

So basically I spent two hours checking trying to unlock my HTC One X's bootloader a few days back.

I mean seriously? Two hours to unlock my bootloader? That's utter bull****. HTCdev has the worst bootloader unlock servers ever, mostly because server keeps overloading.

I found several fixes if you have this error when you open the website on Google Chrome, but these aren't really fixes that fix the server, these are temporary bypasses if you want to get your bootloader unlocked immediately.

You would want to follow this if you constantly get these errors by using Google Chrome:

1. "The connection to htcdev.com was interrupted."

2. "This webpage is not available"

3. After logging in to the website, you select "All Other Supported Models" and press Begin Unlock, no popup window comes up asking you to verify ToS and verifying that you will void warranty.

4. *without logging into HTCdev* You click Begin Unlock and you get a popup to login, after login you get an error "This webpage is not available"

To bypass most of these problems, follow these steps before proceeding:

1. Login to the website and make sure you get to the page where you can see "Welcome XXXXXXXXX Logout Account" on top of the window.

2. *OPTIONAL TO TEST* Try selecting All Other Supported Models from the dropdown box and click Begin Bootloader Unlock, if this fails and does not show a popup after 2-3 minutes, refresh and do the same except click the button two more times. If this fails, proceed onwards to step 3.

3. Make sure you have Fastboot, HTC Sync and Java installed on your computer.

4. Put your phone in Fastboot mode, do this command in the fastboot cmd to get your code: fastboot oem get_identifier_token
pict_6a.png

Right Click > Mark > highlight the block of text > Right click to copy to the code

5. Make sure you are logged in, then proceed to this site: http://htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions, when navigating through the pages, you get the above Chrome errors, just do one or two refreshes until you see something on your screen and not a Google Chrome error. Navigate to Step 10, http://htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions/page-3

6. Paste in the code and immediately click Submit, if you get a Google Chrome error, go back and Submit again. Repeat until you see the HTC success screen when you unlock your bootloader, telling you to check your email. If you get an error about your code, recopy your code and paste into the box.

7. Check your email, download the Unlock.bin into your Fastboot folder and open your Fastboot cmd prompt, run this command to unlock your phone: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

8. Follow on-screen instructions to unlock your bootloader.

9. Flash CWM recovery by Koush: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594819
Use this command to flash the recovery onto your phone: fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
For example: fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img.img

10. Smile, you unlocked your phone's bootloader :)

No smiling from me, the HTC DEV site went down right in the middle of me doing the unlocking, and the result was my device then failed to reboot at all.

HTC, although they conceded that the site was troublesome were not even prepared to consider taking that into account and refused to put the software back on my device and insisted that I purchase a new motherboard.

I had taken the device to professionals locally but they could not get enough charge to continue the process even with a Trickle Charge Script. so I either paid the money or I had no Cell.
I have the original motherboard and HTC conceded that it is not physically damaged but they do not put software back.

If I could get hold on someone in Real Authority, which appears impossible, I believe that HTC should refund me the charge and charge me only for placing the software back.

bharatvaria

Apr 9, 2013
Failed to unlock bootloader on HTC Explorer..!!

I am using HTC Explorer., Tried to unlock bootloader via htcdev ,
however unable to get through.
upon receipt of unlock token and run the command to unlock
token..,I didnt get anything.. commnad prompt doesn't get
ahead... after showing "sending unlokc.....0kb."

tried almost 4 times does't suceed.. can u guide me..!!

rblyns

Sep 10, 2015
UPDATE: I was on XDA Portal! http://www.xda-developers.com/android/bypass-htc-server-problems-when-unlocking-bootloader/

Hey guys,

So basically I spent two hours checking trying to unlock my HTC One X's bootloader a few days back.

I mean seriously? Two hours to unlock my bootloader? That's utter bull. HTCdev has the worst bootloader unlock servers ever, mostly because server keeps overloading.

I found several fixes if you have this error when you open the website on Google Chrome, but these aren't really fixes that fix the server, these are temporary bypasses if you want to get your bootloader unlocked immediately.

You would want to follow this if you constantly get these errors by using Google Chrome:

3. After logging in to the website, you select "All Other Supported Models" and press Begin Unlock, no popup window comes up asking you to verify ToS and verifying that you will void warranty.

4. *without logging into HTCdev* You click Begin Unlock and you get a popup to login, after login you get an error "This webpage is not available"

1. Login to the website and make sure you get to the page where you can see "Welcome XXXXXXXXX Logout Account" on top of the window.

2. *OPTIONAL TO TEST* Try selecting All Other Supported Models from the dropdown box and click Begin Bootloader Unlock, if this fails and does not show a popup after 2-3 minutes, refresh and do the same except click the button two more times. If this fails, proceed onwards to step 3.

4. Put your phone in Fastboot mode, do this command in the fastboot cmd to get your code: fastboot oem get_identifier_token
pict_6a.png

Right Click > Mark > highlight the block of text > Right click to copy to the code

5. Make sure you are logged in, then proceed to this site: http://htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions, when navigating through the pages, you get the above Chrome errors, just do one or two refreshes until you see something on your screen and not a Google Chrome error. Navigate to Step 10, http://htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions/page-3

6. Paste in the code and immediately click Submit, if you get a Google Chrome error, go back and Submit again. Repeat until you see the HTC success screen when you unlock your bootloader, telling you to check your email. If you get an error about your code, recopy your code and paste into the box.

7. Check your email, download the Unlock.bin into your Fastboot folder and open your Fastboot cmd prompt, run this command to unlock your phone: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Use this command to flash the recovery onto your phone: fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
For example: fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img.img

Tried the above steps but the power button does not respond when "YES" was selected. However, if "NO" is selected, the power button responds correctly. Please help how to select "YES"...

INeedHelp!

Sep 18, 2015
need help

UPDATE: I was on XDA Portal! http://www.xda-developers.com/android/bypass-htc-server-problems-when-unlocking-bootloader/

Hey guys,

I mean seriously? Two hours to unlock my bootloader? That's utter bull. HTCdev has the worst bootloader unlock servers ever, mostly because server keeps overloading.

pict_6a.png

When i download the Unlock_code.bin its on VLC Format??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey guys,

pict_6a.png

Huh~ the problems you faced simply cause by the high serverload on HTCDev. Perhaps caused by those who are waiting for Desire and Rhyme RUUs..

"HTCdev has the worst bootloader unlock servers ever." -- can't give any comments on this because there no others available.
    Need to clarify HTC is the first to offer official bootloader unlock though not s-off. Currently already made it to available for all their android devices, hardworks. Who you are comparing it with? Motorola's single device unlock site?

and why you need java for bootloader unlocking process.
    the unlocked process is already done on step 8 actually.

Please read the title. Obviously it is high server load or just crappy server upload speeds. I have waited weeks and weeks for it to load fast, if you try to go on HTCdev again right now, it is extremely slow and would constantly hang.

Think about it logically, HTC is such a big company, and plus we shouldn't have extremely high network ping since the HQ is just an hour flight away from where I live. It's not hardwork if people want to unlock their bootloaders and they purposely lock it down, they're just pissing people off, intentionally wanting to record down who voided their warranty. Look at all the Samsung users, their phones come with a pre-unlocked bootloader and they're doing much better than HTC.

They are in fact the first to do this kind of unlock, no other company is doing it the same way, which means it is the worst way to do it.

If you can be bothered, please take a look at HTCdev's twitter page. There are loads of people complaining about their bootloader unlock page, and HTCdev claiming that they fixed it, but its an ongoing problem and I have never ever had such a hassle when trying to root your phone.

Anyways this is a technique I would follow if you have the problems stated above, just wanting to help people, not start flames.
    We're on the International variant of the HTC One X forum here, and the major population here are from everywhere around the world, not just US.

Samsung releases pre-unlocked versions of their International devices, I never said anything about US carrier released ones.

Nexus flagship devices are controlled by Google, if Google says lock the bootloader, they listen, but if its a Samsung Galaxy S series device, Google can't force them to lock the Galaxy line's bootloader.
    +1

The guide shown here (OP) is useless, this is what everybody does anyway.
    You've just made a massive guide, basically saying just keep refreshing and you'll pass through soon enough.

Using the method you described, it could still take hours...

Yes if everyone does this then why would anyone have any errors? I have done this on more than 15 HTC One X devices, so I'm pretty sure my guide is useful for me at least. I could even say it's failproof if done correctly.

I even tried his guide you +1'd, but all my tabs did not load, however that is just a smaller condensed method of what I did, that method would still work and is identical to the process of my guide, as it still loads multiple pages anyways, but you can't say a Samsung Galaxy S II is useless compared to the Samsung Galaxy S III because the S II has outdated or a different architecture compared to the S III. Without an S II invented you won't get an S III, so without a guide like this, there would still be people running around yelling how HTC servers should be fixed and never actually getting a fix, and there would not be a compressed version of this guide.
    HTC's servers are getting worse and worse, with over 6600 ping. Sometimes it also relates to where you are compared to how many times you try to load it. The site is obviously flawed and should be fixed. I couldn't get on the entire day. But I guess HTC doesn't want people breaking their warranties so I guess its a kind of sign telling you to stay away :p