Nexus 7 Car Mount - No Modification to Car!!~

Search This thread

bam099

Aug 19, 2004
My friends GPS would not work when he slapped the magnet on the back. He could not grab any satellites so he could not use the GPS for any function. Maybe an isolated incident but I wouldn't go down that route.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

djkidd

Feb 14, 2009
Los Angeles
Hey guys. I actually bought the Xenomix 2X NX1000 (made for 10" tablets) by mistake. I opened the box and its a very sturdy build and it seems like it would work great for a 10" tablet. I'm selling it now since I have a Nexus 7 (grouper) and I'm going to buy the NX2000 instead. If you or anyone you know is interested in buying it from me, please PM me. I'm selling it at $35 plus shipping. It's the same amount I spent on it. If you buy from me, you at least know it won't take 3 weeks for you to receive if you are in the US.

Ruche

Feb 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your car mount and all the feedback. Finding a good car mount can be a challenge for a heavier and larger item like the Nexus 7.

hamid_valad

Dec 30, 2009
Tehran
Hey guys, this mount is from KOREA and the brand is Xenomix, I got mine on ebay. I had the 'EXOGEAR' dash type mount before but the mounting base is so big.

EXOGEAR
exogear-exomount-universal-tablet-dash-car-mount-for-tablets-up-to-101.jpg

Xenomix
2x_02.jpg

The model for 7' tablet mount is Xenomix 2X SHG-NX2000

Size: 100 x 155 x 122 mm
Weight: 190g
Color: Black
Up to 8' inch

since you've had both xenomix and exomount, can you please compare them?
can my hd2 fit in xenomix too? (i know it wont fit in exomount according to dimension given in their official web site)
does xenomix hold n7 as good as exomount?
what about the build quality?
sorry if i asked too many questions. thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw a few N7 car install integration but my version is to keep the car stock and just add a mount for the N7 so I can always take it out easily.

Here is a picture to keep you subscribed to this thread, I need more time to write the review. :eek:

N7CarMount.jpg
    JUST got mine in from Korea. Took a while to get here.Ordered it 12/3 and received today on 12/17 about 10 business days not counting weekends.

The packaging is really nice, thin but nice. Inside you find the mount ready to go except for maybe the inserts or tabs to insert in the mount depending on your dash to adjust/correct the height.

The suction cup is comprised of the sticky pad stuff that you see on the Xenogear mounts where you can use a wet towel to re-institute the sticky suction cup if it gotten too dirty.

The GREAT thing is that this mount is way smaller than any of the other "off dash" mounts that I have seen. I prefer this because if you use the mount with a N7, then your vision is not impaired because the tablet it not on the said dash, rather off the dash, maybe hanging is a better term to use lol.

Another awesome aspect of this mount. It can be used with both my Nexus 4 phone with or without a tpu case on. However, you have to place the phone in vertically. Which isn't horrible, I am use to mounts with side clamps of some sort. Just something to get used to.

Anywhoo...here's some pics with both the N7 and N4. I recommend this if you are looking for a smaller footprint of a mount! I'll report back on usage in a couple of days.

DSC02362.JPG
    DSC02361.JPG
    DSC02363.JPG
    DSC02364.JPG
    DSC02365.JPG
    DSC02366.JPG
    Does this mount come with an extension to sit further out from the dash if needed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It does a bit. The mount, when unswitched can telescope out a bit. I attached a quick pic telescoped and not. Looks like it comes out like 2 inches. Which is pretty cool.
    Here's one I just made. Less than $3 from Home Depot odds and ends. Slides into gaps at just the right places. Doesn't budge while driving or being poked at. A little double sticky tape holds pieces in place. Works great in my 2005 Baja. No fit guarantees for other vehicles. JVC has a remote so I don't need to access controls.

N7%20Mount2.jpg
    Look forward to your review.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=69143
    An alternative with a magnet and a nodded case.
    Using this several weeks for GPS navigation.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38969143