The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

1,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 586

By Restola, Senior Member on 29th December 2012, 01:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th March 2013, 01:54 PM |#1121  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisk_33

I use the cyanogenmod downloader app that i downloaded from the play store. There is a setting for you to chose daily checking, weekly or manual only as well as the option for nightly or stable versions as well as it notifying/auto downloading the file. I have mine set to daily check for nightly and it always finds the lastest version. "When" it finds it can vary some. Sometimes I am notified prior to work and other times its at the end of the day.
Are you using the ROM based version? Does it correctly check for updates when you manually search? I assure you already reviewed the settings available regarding nightly vs stable versions? Are your search intervals correct? Maybe try the app mentioned?

You are correct sir for I have checked my settings which include: check for updates daily, update types new versions(incl. nightlies). When i manually ask it to check for the updates it does give me the new update. I wasn't very clear in my previous post for that I am sorry the CM updater does work if I use it manually my problem is that it doesn't check automatically and I don't recall when it was the last time it did but it did work before. Thank you for the reply I will look into the app from the play store but I still wouldn't mind my regular CM updater to work so I don't have to clutter up my phone with more apps. Once again thanks.

8th March 2013, 02:42 PM |#1122  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Has anyone tried with the modems that came down with the most recent OTA? Wife's phone got it this morning (stock TW). Seems ok so far.
8th March 2013, 02:47 PM |#1123  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17
So I really dislike the new quick settings toggle panel being separate from the notification page. Is there any way to change this back to the old style?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
8th March 2013, 03:25 PM |#1124  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharybinx34

So I really dislike the new quick settings toggle panel being separate from the notification page. Is there any way to change this back to the old style?

Settings -> System -> Notification drawer -> Enable power widget. You'll still have the settings panel, but you don't have to go to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ugachris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ugachris Ad-Free
8th March 2013, 05:53 PM |#1125  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm running into some issues with Apollo. I still have the 1.1 release from its brief availability in the Play Store. I've also formatted a 64gb SDXC to FAT32 for my purposes of music but since updating to 10.1 M2, the SD card is occasionally recognized as "bad" or I have to do a series of reboots, mounts, and unmounts until the music list starts to repopulate (or I open up the Google Play Music app page, hold the phone up to the computer, and threaten to replace Apollo if it doesn't start working right).
Thoughts?
8th March 2013, 06:36 PM |#1126  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Battery life
Hey all,

How is the battery life coming in cm 10.1 and JB 4.2.2 ?
9th March 2013, 01:04 AM |#1127  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 586

More
Anyone else not able to connect when wifi tethering using WPA on the latest nightly?

Edit* never mind it works!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
9th March 2013, 02:48 AM |#1128  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 230

More
wifi power saver
Ok,searched, didn't find it in this forum, or an answer in any others:

i know if i dial *#0011# on TW roms, i can turn off the wifi power saver mode. but this doesn't work on AOSP roms. ANY suggestion here would be greatly appreciated.
My wife has the RAZR MAXX and sitting side by side, she can get wifi signals that i cannot even see, let alone connect to. so any help would be greatly appreciated, as i am tired of her saying hers is better than mine.

ok, its a guy thing. but should be a way on AOSP rom's as well.

9th March 2013, 05:02 AM |#1129  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmitht

Ok,searched, didn't find it in this forum, or an answer in any others:

i know if i dial *#0011# on TW roms, i can turn off the wifi power saver mode. but this doesn't work on AOSP roms. ANY suggestion here would be greatly appreciated.
My wife has the RAZR MAXX and sitting side by side, she can get wifi signals that i cannot even see, let alone connect to. so any help would be greatly appreciated, as i am tired of her saying hers is better than mine.

ok, its a guy thing. but should be a way on AOSP rom's as well.

Settings > Wi-Fi > press menu key and select Advanced. Options are in there.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcurtiswx

Hey all,

How is the battery life coming in cm 10.1 and JB 4.2.2 ?

Rom is essentially stable at this point. Quirks include some audio quality issues with bluetooth, and in call earpiece volume is low.

If you can live with that, it's wonderful.

Battery life should be good to great, depending on your usage model of course. I charge every night, but that should be the expectation with devices for the foreseeable future. I never feel like my phone is going to give out on me as the day goes on.

---------- Post added 9th March 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 8th March 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbel2112

I'm running into some issues with Apollo. I still have the 1.1 release from its brief availability in the Play Store. I've also formatted a 64gb SDXC to FAT32 for my purposes of music but since updating to 10.1 M2, the SD card is occasionally recognized as "bad" or I have to do a series of reboots, mounts, and unmounts until the music list starts to repopulate (or I open up the Google Play Music app page, hold the phone up to the computer, and threaten to replace Apollo if it doesn't start working right).
Thoughts?

IIRC, 64GB is Not officially supported by CM. Something to do with software licensing issues with exFat? Can't remember exactly, but some unofficial builds claim to have 64GB support.
9th March 2013, 08:27 AM |#1130  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Run time issues
The one main issue I have had ever since I started using CM10.1 is long term run time with out having to reboot.I am currently on the 03/06 nightly and everything runs great and very good battery life, but the one issues that is still present is that after 32 - 40 hours of run time the phone starts acting goofy and doing crazy things ,like Google search popping up when I tap the menu button not long press it or when trying to take a screen shot it only reduces my volume or when i try to scroll thru pictures in the quick pic app and it wont scroll only select pictures. I then have to reboot my phone to have all these things work correctly . I have seen no significant fixes in the last 2 nightly's so see no reason to install them. Am I the only one having this issue, cause I have seen no one mention it unless I some how missed it.
9th March 2013, 02:09 PM |#1131  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 230

More
[QUOTE=spaz mk will;38926714]Settings > Wi-Fi > press menu key and select Advanced. Options are in there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium[COLOR="Silver"]

Thanks, know about that, but only thing I found was "conserve power when on WiFi"; is that the same thing?

Thanks for the response tho

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)