Official Stock 4.3 Bugs list

Search This thread

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin
Hi there,
I am currently on 10.4.B.0.569 india generic firmware on SGP321. My first impression is that the 4.3 rom is awesome! Project butter is really doing their job pretty well. However, I still found a couple of bugs; some of them are pretty annoying. And I am not really sure if everyone has the same problems or if i am the only one who has them. Those bugs are listed below:

1. Black Wallpaper: it appears for a few second after playing some heavy games or a extensive use of facebook app or web browser. It is back to normal in a matter of seconds but it is pretty annoying.
2. App icon is out off the folder: trying to apply the new theme and the problem appear, but after a few reboots it was back to normal.
3. Video playback seem to not working properly: I try to play some 720p or 1080p videos and it skips a few frame. It looks pretty laggish. It does not happen to every 720p videos, but i usually have that problem with mkv dvdrip format 23.97fps which was fine in 4.2.2. Switching to S/W mode in MX player seem to fix the problem.
4. Battery life: seem to consume a little more than it used to in 4.2.2. I usually get 8-9h of screen on. In 4.2.2, i got around 8-10h. Amazingly, in 4.1.2 i got up to 11h of video playback.
5. Screen flickering from times to times

That's all I found so far. Tell me if u have the same problems and feel free to add more.
Have a nice day!

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
I think I god the same problems ( exept video playback (not tested)) and what is realy awful is shut down device the screen freeze for 1 min and then it shutdown but after all I want my tablet to be very fast even if there few laggs.

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
I think I god the same problems ( exept video playback (not tested)) and what is realy awful is shut down device the screen freeze for 1 min and then it shutdown but after all I want my tablet to be very fast even if there few laggs.

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app
As far as i understood shutdown time depends on a number of programs loaded in memory (not installed but running at the moment) and on unmounting of SD-card. Cause it takes some time to unload them properly, unmount partitions, sd and then shut down.

oxide32

May 2, 2011
Birmingham
I sometimes have wifi problems aswell, have to reset the tabz to use the Internet, tried with 3 other routers and never had a problem on 4.2.2

Sent from my SGP312 using xda app-developers app

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin
I sometimes have wifi problems aswell, have to reset the tabz to use the Internet, tried with 3 other routers and never had a problem on 4.2.2

Sent from my SGP312 using xda app-developers app

I think it is router related. I once use both my tablet and phone at the same and unfortunately wifi drop on both device.

dape16

Jun 20, 2006
MHL/HDMI output does not scale picture to tv, which means the aspect ratio is messed up (wide faces etc). Did work perfectly in 4.1.2. Sony support blames Google.

`SBR`

Apr 5, 2010
NJ
If you have video format issues try using Mx player latest version with custom codec, video will run fine in Hw mode

Sent from my SGP351 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dape16

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
I only had the folder one but it fixed itself and i noticed a little flicker while using chrome but only once

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

b.ike

Jan 7, 2014
As far as i understood shutdown time depends on a number of programs loaded in memory (not installed but running at the moment) and on unmounting of SD-card. Cause it takes some time to unload them properly, unmount partitions, sd and then shut down.

I recently bought a SGP311 and went from 4.1.2 straight to 4.3. Even though my tablet was new, I did a factory reset anyway while installing the new android. The tablet took a minute to shut down. Minor annoyance really. But my first impression was that it hanged on shutdown.

That said, I returned that tablet b/c of a loose back. I got a brand new one and have kept it on 4.1.2 for now until I see problems are being addressed. Most notably battery life and HD video issues.

This is a very good thread for me to track issues. Thank-you OP for this thread.

And in 4.3, how do you get the small small apps as available in 4.1.2? Im still trying to learn my ropes on the tablet, but as I have returned the updated tablet, I'd like to know this is possible.

reinotiger

Apr 18, 2012
Málaga
I have problem in my SGP 321 and more people had the same
with the LTE ... the icon apears like i don't have signal...

but i have ... it's strange .. :S

if someone can help...

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin
I recently bought a SGP311 and went from 4.1.2 straight to 4.3. Even though my tablet was new, I did a factory reset anyway while installing the new android. The tablet took a minute to shut down. Minor annoyance really. But my first impression was that it hanged on shutdown.

That said, I returned that tablet b/c of a loose back. I got a brand new one and have kept it on 4.1.2 for now until I see problems are being addressed. Most notably battery life and HD video issues.

This is a very good thread for me to track issues. Thank-you OP for this thread.

And in 4.3, how do you get the small small apps as available in 4.1.2? Im still trying to learn my ropes on the tablet, but as I have returned the updated tablet, I'd like to know this is possible.

Well, there's a thank button right there xD

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
On mine, there's only the battery gauge bug: When the battery is low (below 40% or so), if the tablet is restarted, the battery indicator suddenly shows over 50% afterwards, which is definitely wrong.

deo777

May 15, 2013
Pleven
now whit android 4.3 (.569) i have one interesting problem -whit games specialy NOVA 3 after playing a while the deveise is restarting ....with android 4.1.2 i don't have these problem

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

...any solution ? :crying: i reallly like these game :(

zombiej79

Feb 25, 2011
Weird I am running new stock 4.3 and I haven't faced any of the issues my battery is way better then 4.2 I get a few days out of it with light use with mouse and keyboard. Mhl works great for me. If you have the option in your TV.you can fix it.by using screen fit. Haven't had a single reboot either with my tab z

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

cccs1

Jan 8, 2011
Huawei P30
After restart of the tablet the energymanagement start new. So the count of the complete battery runingtime is wrong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen flickering

Weird battery indicator/usage
    Screen flickering

Weird battery indicator/usage

Of course, i forgot about the flickering. In Messenger app or browser, ususally when the keyboard is on, but not always.

If you have video format issues try using Mx player latest version with custom codec, video will run fine in Hw mode

Sent from my SGP351 using Tapatalk
    I have the flickering screen too :( but only that bug

use float browser when browsing, default xperia keyboard won't flicker. but not guaranteed on other apps.. some floating apps causes screen flickering sometimes like floating media player.. hope the next update will fixed this..just the flickering issue i am encountering.. the rest its okay..
    use float browser when browsing, default xperia keyboard won't flicker. but not guaranteed on other apps.. some floating apps causes screen flickering sometimes like floating media player.. hope the next update will fixed this..just the flickering issue i am encountering.. the rest its okay..

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind! :p