FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

Real Racing 3 looks low resolution on nexus

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By dermotti, Senior Member on 6th August 2013, 04:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was playing Fast and furious on my Nexus 7 and the graphics look very good, much better than real racing 3.

On Real Racing 3, it almost looks like the game is not running in HD and low resolution. There are alot of jagged edges all over the car.

I downloaded the app RR3 Graphics form the market, which is supposed to let you forge Extra High graphics, but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Anyone else notice it seems to be running low resolution?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dermotti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dermotti Ad-Free

6th August 2013, 06:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dermotti

I was playing Fast and furious on my Nexus 7 and the graphics look very good, much better than real racing 3.

On Real Racing 3, it almost looks like the game is not running in HD and low resolution. There are alot of jagged edges all over the car.

I downloaded the app RR3 Graphics form the market, which is supposed to let you forge Extra High graphics, but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

It looks terrible, and EA claims it's one of their 19 games "optimized for the new N7 display". The RR3 GFX app doesn't allow you to manipulate the resolution or anti-aliasing, which seems to be the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to xp3nd4bl3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xp3nd4bl3 Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 07:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Every device on Android I've used so far Nexus 4, Nexus 7, GS4, and HTC ONE. All have the same problem the graphics look awful. You would think they would have updated it by now. Real Racing 3 is one of the games i've played the most, so im upset about it!

On my iphone 5 and ipad 3 it looks amazing!!!

I was comparing Modern Combat 4 on all my devices and the colors look super washed out!!! Again no issues on iOS devices....

I find it stupid that they can't give the game on android the same treatment as they do on ios.
The Following User Says Thank You to omf05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omf05 Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 01:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I notice it too, it looks worse than on my older nexus 7.
9th August 2013, 03:15 AM |#5  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 267

Donate to Me
More
Looks decent to me but I guess I haven't seen these games on iOS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1376014524466.jpg
Views:	4028
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	2175548  
The Following User Says Thank You to turdbogls For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift turdbogls Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 03:50 AM |#6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 978

More
Its terrible. They turned off anti-aliasing.

9th August 2013, 06:17 AM |#7  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omf05

Every device on Android I've used so far Nexus 4, Nexus 7, GS4, and HTC ONE. All have the same problem the graphics look awful. You would think they would have updated it by now. Real Racing 3 is one of the games i've played the most, so im upset about it!

On my iphone 5 and ipad 3 it looks amazing!!!

I was comparing Modern Combat 4 on all my devices and the colors look super washed out!!! Again no issues on iOS devices....

I find it stupid that they can't give the game on android the same treatment as they do on ios.

I think the common demonitor is the qualcomm chip. All my devices that use QC RR3 looks terrible. On my S4, (octactore version), the GPU is similar to the one used in the Iphone 5 and RR3 looks great.
9th August 2013, 11:58 AM |#8  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls

Looks decent to me but I guess I haven't seen these games on iOS

Ipad Mini:

See the difference... on ipad mini it runs at maxium resolution, I don't own one, but I've seen that on youtube.
The Following User Says Thank You to lKBZl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lKBZl Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 02:27 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:

I was wondering if I had a bad Nexus 7 because it looked like **** lol. On my Kindle Fire Hd it looks so beautiful!

Sent from my VZW GALAXY note 2
9th August 2013, 02:45 PM |#10  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 267

Donate to Me
More
yup i can see it for sure....i guess when you dont have anything to compare to it isn't so bad. I was happy with it until now....thanks a lot

this has to be something on EA's end and having to deal with the higher resolution.
9th August 2013, 03:46 PM |#11  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 366

Donate to Me
More
Ate you guys kidding? That game looks amazing on mine!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)