T-Mobile Froyo 2.2.1 Firmware 3.4.2: Rooted - Deodexed - Overclocked/Undervolted

Search This thread

mcm_xyz

Oct 6, 2010
Thanks

What can I say.

I came from 2.34. Flashed your backup, then 3.4.2 boot only, then wiped.

What works:

1. Camera was fixed using cammera fix.
2. Phone app is recognizing my numbers from contacts even if they have country prefix before.
3. GSM and 3G connection worked out of the box.

What seems not to work:

1. Calendar seems not to be able to sync with google calendars. Maybe it's my bad but I only have Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail in my google account.
2. From my point of view there is still lots of bloatware (not necessary the blur stuff)

Thanks! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Dude-01

Nov 19, 2010
Sorry if I tell something wrong but when I delete or rename FamilyCalendarProvider, then I can't use the calender because I've got no possibility to sync it.

Reactions: cargohook

mcm_xyz

Oct 6, 2010
If i restore your buckup i'll be able to downgrade after?

Yes you will be able to downgrade after but only if you install the boot only sbf and not the entire rom.

So the steps are.

1. restore the backup provided in this thread.
2. when rebooting the phone will boot loop.
3. remove battery.
4. restart in sw update mode (power + up)
5. flash boot only sbf. (you can find it in the other thread )
6. reboot phone in recovery mode(power + down).
7. wipe data and cache.
8. reboot.

Reactions: ellendel

ellendel

Dec 21, 2010
Yes you will be able to downgrade after but only if you install the boot only sbf and not the entire rom.

So the steps are.

3. remove battery.
7. wipe data and cache.
8. reboot.

Thanks for your help.

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
WifiCalling? I have yet to find a rom different from stock that includes this. It's essential to me :(

Perilla_

Mar 31, 2009
Cádiz
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro

So the steps are.

3. remove battery.
7. wipe data and cache.
8. reboot.

But, then, you will be able to flash a sbf again?

Muznyu

May 15, 2010
Thats the question if you will be able to flash after, any sbf with the rsd lite
or not?

Yes, if you just restore nandroid backup and install boot only sbf, you'll be able to go back for an earlier ROM, I tried it.

BTW camera is not working for me (blank screen) with this ROM for some reason. :(

Last edited:

mcm_xyz

Oct 6, 2010
little explanations

Nice, very nice... but if I have flashed the 3.4.2 t-mobile froyo I will not be able to flash an sbf from 2.34 for example, right? (I've not flashed, only asking to know how all really works)

Thanks

Let's make some light!

If you install the full rom you can find here :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=922430

named p3_jordan_umts_jordan-user-2.2.1-3.4.2-107_JDN-4-000000-release-keys-signed-T-Mobile-US.sbf

You wont be able to downgrade!

RSD Lite will still work but it will only allow you to install this rom and not an earlier version like 2.34. Most probably will allow you to install future newer roms.

In order to be able to install anything you want at any time you want use boot only sbf or the full roms 2.21 or 2.34 or CN_2.2. Also take care that 2.51 is also locked (can not go down to 2.21 or 2.34 anymore)

Muznyu, flash the camera fix sbf and camera will start working.

;)

racca

Jun 4, 2009
Yes, if you just restore nandroid backup and install boot only sbf, you'll be able to go back for an earlier ROM, I tried it.

BTW camera is not working for me (blank screen) with this ROM for some reason. :(

you need to flash a camera fix (the sbf file, not flash fix) from either china froyo or tmo froyo as described earlier.
revertible of course

Perilla_

Mar 31, 2009
Cádiz
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Let's make some light!

named p3_jordan_umts_jordan-user-2.2.1-3.4.2-107_JDN-4-000000-release-keys-signed-T-Mobile-US.sbf

RSD Lite will still work but it will only allow you to install this rom and not an earlier version like 2.34. Most probably will allow you to install future newer roms.

In order to be able to install anything you want at any time you want use boot only sbf or the full roms 2.21 or 2.34 or CN_2.2. Also take care that 2.51 is also locked (can not go down to 2.21 or 2.34 anymore)

;)

This is what I was thinking.

Thanks you very much for your explanation.

andyirons

Dec 21, 2010
I think removing FamilyCalendarProvider.apk and FamilyCalendarProvider.odex makes calendar app unable to sync with google calendar. Could someone upload these files???

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Delete this thread altogether, please. I'm working out some kinks and will post a custom rom later.
    little explanations

Nice, very nice... but if I have flashed the 3.4.2 t-mobile froyo I will not be able to flash an sbf from 2.34 for example, right? (I've not flashed, only asking to know how all really works)

Thanks

Let's make some light!

;)
    Sorry if I tell something wrong but when I delete or rename FamilyCalendarProvider, then I can't use the calender because I've got no possibility to sync it.
    If i restore your buckup i'll be able to downgrade after?

So the steps are.

3. remove battery.
    7. wipe data and cache.
    8. reboot.
    But, then, you will be able to flash a sbf again?

Yes you will. I just reverted back to 2.34.