595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,832

Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2017, 12:54 PM |#10101  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilmaycry2020

Thanks for your helps. Now it's worked as it should. perfect ads blocking. its seem we can't use system/etc/host in Nougat directly, we have to use systemless host file because i have to turn on systemless host in Magisk setting. Right ? it mirror host file in system/etc to /magisk/.core if i turn it off it doesn't block ads.

Yes, using the modern root methods you are rooted in systemless mode. Therefore​ the hosts file that is modified is is not actually on /system but symbolically linked onto the /system/etc/hosts path.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
10th November 2017, 09:55 PM |#10102  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 106

More
The verge site cannot be blocked...
10th November 2017, 10:04 PM |#10103  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad78

The verge site cannot be blocked...

Really? It's looking fine for me, using https://raw.githubusercontent.com/St...s/social/hosts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171110-220035.png
Views:	1118
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	4328881  
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
11th November 2017, 09:43 AM |#10104  
How can I whitelist Facebook Messenger? Because of a game, I get free things there if I watch an ad.
11th November 2017, 12:46 PM |#10105  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szabi01

How can I whitelist Facebook Messenger? Because of a game, I get free things there if I watch an ad.

Just use the whitelist in Adaway. 3-dot menu -> Your Lists

If your are not sure what domain(s) need to be whitelisted, use the dns logging feature also found in the 3-dot menu. It's the same process as outlined for blacklisting in post #10109, just a few back from here.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
13th November 2017, 01:05 PM |#10106  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
the daily update is not being executed on my copy of adaway. So i have to manually enter the app weekly just to update. I'd prefer if the daily thing working automatically. I've reinstalled it but issue persists. Any tips? Where do I start?
13th November 2017, 07:19 PM |#10107  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaninox

the daily update is not being executed on my copy of adaway. So i have to manually enter the app weekly just to update. I'd prefer if the daily thing working automatically. I've reinstalled it but issue persists. Any tips? Where do I start?

I'd look at same "tools for optimizing your system". AdAway needs the permission to run in background. Otherwise it cannot update automatically. And some tools disable the background activity... If there is no good interface for inspecting these settings you can use BackgroundRestrictor (set android's hidden RUN_IN_BACKGROUND permission) - https://f-droid.org/app/com.pavelsik...rmissionsetter
And I'd have a look at settings. If you use mobile data always, updating should not be restricted to wifi...
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
14th November 2017, 05:01 AM |#10108  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi guys,

I'm using adaway and thank you for this great app! I really love every bit of it.

Just curious, is there a way where we can block every websites except specific one, eg whitelist in adaway? If there's none, is there any alternative solution?

Thank you.
14th November 2017, 05:38 AM |#10109  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterepiece321

Hi guys,

I'm using adaway and thank you for this great app! I really love every bit of it.

Just curious, is there a way where we can block every websites except specific one, eg whitelist in adaway? If there's none, is there any alternative solution?

Thank you.

Yes tap the menu key in top right of the app, navigate to Your Lists then to WHITE and tap add.
14th November 2017, 05:52 AM |#10110  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi_rom_user

Yes tap the menu key in top right of the app, navigate to Your Lists then to WHITE and tap add.

I have tried but it doesn't work - The way I'm looking is to block EVERY websites and allow abc.com ONLY. After I filled in the whitelist, all other websites still able to be loaded.

Do you have any idea?
14th November 2017, 06:32 AM |#10111  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterepiece321

I have tried but it doesn't work - The way I'm looking is to block EVERY websites and allow abc.com ONLY. After I filled in the whitelist, all other websites still able to be loaded.

Do you have any idea?

Just to make sure, are you meaning to completely block the websites or just the ads on them?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)