[Q] NTT Docomo Xperia x10 Upgrading firmware to android 2.1

Search This thread

xperianepal

Nov 4, 2010
Kathmandu
I am currently using NTT Docmo Xperia x10 on android 1.6. Its model is SO-01b and i want to upgarde to android 2.1 and unlock the phone as well. But i am not clear which version to use , nordic or global. I am not sure but on according to wikipedia nTT docomo so-01b is based on x10a.

Please someone help me if anyone could give me suggestion.

gtkashi

Jun 29, 2010
My Docomo X10 is flashed to global generic 2.1 and running just fine.

Just don't forget to write down your APNs so you can put them back.
You want the "bizho" one, since that's the network where your internet fees are capped.

xperianepal

Nov 4, 2010
Kathmandu
Thanks for the response gtkashi.I am now in Nepal and want to make the phone work here in Nepal by upgrading to android 2.1. Could u please clarify me whether flashing would make the phone sim free.

ttxdragon

Jun 6, 2010
it won't. You're just updating the software, not unlocking the phone.
Get in contact with nttdocomo to see what their policies/costs for unlocking your phone are or try to see whether there's some shady services for unlock codes by now.

Sidewaysnuts

Nov 5, 2010
Global to Docomo firmware 2.1

With this upcoming update for Docomo, if you currently have global 2.1, how would we "instruct" SEUS to flash the Docomo firmware? Would we need to edit some *.prop ?

Personally I'm hoping someone would extract the firmware itself so that the flasher tool can be used to overwrite the existing one.

Either way, 30 min til Nov 10!

lovehumanity

Jul 13, 2008
so sad the google playstore no more works in this model now as google has stopped its support.. what should be the option now? anybody can help. it doesnt have any file manager installed too :(

Top Liked Posts