[Q] Glonass support

Search This thread

Milos1111

Apr 7, 2012
Hello,
I have one question.
HTC One X or Nvidia tegra3 have support Glonass?

Thanks for answer.

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I don't think the One X have access to Gloness. Here are couple of screen shots of GPS test after 2 mins, as you can see the Galaxy Note which do have access to Gloness can used twice the number of satellites than the One X.

All of this is done on a desk facing a large window.

Attachments

• capture_04.jpg
    capture_04.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-13-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-13-48.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,322
Reactions: b10n1c

b10n1c

Sep 7, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Thanks for that. I think that makes the decision for me - HTC One X or Galaxy Note? I want the better GPS!

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I'm a big HTC fan as I'm still using the HD2, now running Android ICS. A pity, but I might just have to go to Samsung. I also have the new iPad and don't want an iPhone.

fekle

Dec 11, 2011
Vienna
Thanks for that. I think that makes the decision for me - HTC One X or Galaxy Note? I want the better GPS!

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I'm a big HTC fan as I'm still using the HD2, now running Android ICS. A pity, but I might just have to go to Samsung. I also have the new iPad and don't want an iPhone.
Well, I don't think the missing GLONASS should be a problem, I get a GPS fix in a couple seconds, up to 2 metres +/- ... much better than on the S2 ! :)

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Note GPS far better, sorry if that disappoints anyone - I own both and lock speed and more importantly strength is better in the Note.

I find it interesting to note that GPS Test gives impossible accuracy figures for the One X (as in much better than it is actually possible to get on civilian GPS), but the actual tracks leave a bit to be desired against the Notes.

dakalter

Apr 24, 2009
way better on one x vs note for me

Idk why but I get the best GPS on my att one x than I have ever gotten on any device I've had. Btw is is from inside my house...

Attachments

• 2012-05-06_17-13-04.jpg
    2012-05-06_17-13-04.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 726
Reactions: tku137

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
According to Anandtech, the One XL does have GLONASS support. I don't know whether this also holds true for the One X:
The GLONASS behavior of this system is like other QCT systems I’ve seen, wherein it only looks for the GLONASS constellation when GPS SNR is low. You can see these with GPS Test and satellites numbered 65–68.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
According to Anandtech, the One XL does have GLONASS support. I don't know whether this also holds true for the One X:

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

I'd presume that's because the XL has the S4 Krait SoC, rather than the Tegra 3.

The screenshot from the AT&T One X above clearly shows GLONASS support, since you can't see that many satellites without it. I really wish the international one had the S4 SoC instead of the Tegra 3...

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
Yup, I agree with you there - S4 is superior to T3 in so many ways. Either they stup up their game with much improved drivers or I will consider a switch to the One XL once it's released in Europe.

The thing is: it's highly doubtful that the T3 will ever get similar battery life, no matter how many updates get released and how much optimization is done. At the end of the day, it's still 2 improved, more power efficient cores vs. 4 (probably rarely used) old, inefficient cores. The only possible case where T3 could get similar battery life would be if nearly every app supported 4 cores - don't know whether that will improve in the near future.

tku137

Nov 22, 2009
Idk why but I get the best GPS on my att one x than I have ever gotten on any device I've had. Btw is is from inside my house...

Couldn't beleive, that this screen was from inside a house and just testet it myself... WOW! Just WOW! Inside my house fix with 7 sats. Never thought this is possible as I rarely got a fix with 3 sats at the window with any other device.

Thanks for making me aware of this :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: samuelong87

BirthdayDog11

Jul 13, 2012

Don't go to Samsung if you want good GPS, lol. It's nonexistent in some models.

Tesla84

Jun 2, 2008
my gf has a HTC One S and there is a glonass support..not sure on my HOX,dont have a original box

Yea, looks like the Tegra 3 version in One X does not support GLONASS. If that's due to nVidia or some other reason, we may never know.
One thing I do know is that Expansys website has the new and sizzling OneX+ and lists GLONASS.
I double checked if the original had it, and boom its not there. Another awesome reason for me to trade and upgrade. By ALL....ALLLL means I do not feel cheated by HTC having the One X, and, having had nothing but nVidia back me for decades in gaming, it just feels amazing having them under the hood of this Katana sword of smartphones. Sorry for SPAM but this is a mother***g Bruce Wayne smartphone line!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think the One X have access to Gloness. Here are couple of screen shots of GPS test after 2 mins, as you can see the Galaxy Note which do have access to Gloness can used twice the number of satellites than the One X.

All of this is done on a desk facing a large window.
    way better on one x vs note for me

Couldn't beleive, that this screen was from inside a house and just testet it myself... WOW! Just WOW! Inside my house fix with 7 sats. Never thought this is possible as I rarely got a fix with 3 sats at the window with any other device.

Thanks for making me aware of this :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2