[TOOL][WINDOWS-ONLY]WSG UnBricker V1.0.2

Search This thread

MasterZen88

Something seems off here. Why hasn't the OP mentioned whether or not this was done with or without an unlocked bootloader? I say off, because clearly talk of the town is revolving around how long it is taking to root .21. Balls in your court OP....S/N 10 points to whoever swears on their mothers grave that this works with locked, .21 no root prime. 20 pts if the OP responds first.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA

Sorry for the late reply!

Yes this does have an unlocked bootloader pulled from my tf201 but I do not know if this can be used to flash over a locked bootloader.

No this will not be able to root .21 but it can install CWM recovery, which would allow you to flash a rooted .21 rom.....

Currently working on a new WSG_Unbricker... Hope to have it out this afternoon... Currently 7:09 AM EST.

Bec07

Aug 13, 2010
So this should allow me to get back to stock even with a locked bootloader & root?

Will I be a be to flash original asus .blob files again and get official updates?

Thanks!

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
So this should allow me to get back to stock even with a locked bootloader & root?

Will I be a be to flash original asus .blob files again and get official updates?

Thanks!

First post isnt really clear on what the requirements are to use this, but to use fastboot, you have to be unlocked. You know what means right? Basic knowledge around here.

sent from my i9250

Bec07

Aug 13, 2010
Meant UNlocked, sorry, typo.

So can I get back to stock with this?

sunfirex

May 5, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm running into a CWM loop brick as well.

I'm not a stranger to flashing ROMs or Kernels in the past, as I've done it frequently on my SGS1.

But, after following directions on how to install AOKP for TF201, I ran into a CWM bootloop. Rooted the device, unlocked the bootloader, installed CWM, then installed the ROM. Tried to boot and was stuck in a loop.

I could not restore my back up that was created prior to the installation and cannot install another ROM.

I've tried going through most of the unbrick methods with no avail.

I can get into fastboot, Windows recognizes the device and tries to install a driver, mind you I'm using the naked drivers. But, in ADB the device is unknown when I do an adb get-state.

I have a sinking feeling that I'm doomed, but I'm just curious if anyone else has been here.

I just find it odd that Windows can still recognize the device, but ADB doesn't. When I go into CWM, Windows does not recognize the device at all and I have the same unknown state in ADB.

I've tried the WSG Unbricker and since the adb state is unknown, it can't push the files over.

I'm hoping for a reason to hope haha, but I think I'm done for. Just looking for confirmation.

Thank you.

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
I've tried the WSG Unbricker and since the adb state is unknown, it can't push the files over.

I'm hoping for a reason to hope haha, but I think I'm done for. Just looking for confirmation.

Thank you.

The reason you can't use WSG Unbricker is that you have to be in fastboot mode not ADB, if you are stuck in recovery loop then you cannot get into fastboot. It may be worth trying to install the modded CWM by Roach, but I honestly don't know if that will help.

Also, would be helpful to know which CWM you installed, as the original unofficial one for the Prime had major issues.

I would install the Roach modded version of CWM and then reinstall the ROM, hopefully that might boot you out and into a normal boot process. Possibly worth trying to install Motley's kernel as this will invoke the staging partition to be booted.

Hopefully something here might work.

Reactions: sunfirex

sunfirex

May 5, 2008
Update: I'm able to push the recovery image from WSG to my tablet, but I can't get back into it now. If I try to push any other files I get an error:
sending boot...
writing 'boot'
FAILED (remote: (BadParameter))
finished. total time: 0.873s
On my TFP it says: Failed to process command flash:boot error(0x4)

I basically get an error using fastboot to push anything other than the recovery.

Thanks for the reply, Doktaphex.

p.s. I think I was a bit confused between ADB and fastboot, as I've never really used fastboot before. But, likewise I can push recovery... can't get into it. Can't push other files without some type of an error. Even when I flash the recovery and it goes through successfully I cannot get into the recovery. It's the recovery that came with WSG, do you think I should find another recovery.img file to try?

Basically the screen I get stuck at when booting normally is the EEE Pad screen. I don't get any errors. At the top left hand corner it just says "The Device is UnLocked."

Probably should have mentioned that before.

Last edited:

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Update: I'm able to push the recovery image from WSG to my tablet, but I can't get back into it now. If I try to push any other files I get an error:
sending boot...
writing 'boot'
FAILED (remote: (BadParameter))
finished. total time: 0.873s
On my TFP it says: Failed to process command flash:boot error(0x4)

I basically get an error using fastboot to push anything other than the recovery.

Thanks for the reply, Doktaphex.

p.s. I think I was a bit confused between ADB and fastboot, as I've never really used fastboot before. But, likewise I can push recovery... can't get into it. Can't push other files without some type of an error. Even when I flash the recovery and it goes through successfully I cannot get into the recovery. It's the recovery that came with WSG, do you think I should find another recovery.img file to try?

Basically the screen I get stuck at when booting normally is the EEE Pad screen. I don't get any errors. At the top left hand corner it just says "The Device is UnLocked."

Probably should have mentioned that before.

Yikes, looks like you may be in the same situation as BoyNamedStacey. Unfortunately he and Jermaine came to the conclusion that the device is a goner until NVFlash becomes available.

That Boot error (0x4) does not look promising either. I can't really offer anything further, sorry dude.

sunfirex

May 5, 2008
Yikes, looks like you may be in the same situation as BoyNamedStacey. Unfortunately he and Jermaine came to the conclusion that the device is a goner until NVFlash becomes available.

That Boot error (0x4) does not look promising either. I can't really offer anything further, sorry dude.

That was my thought, sadly. Guess I was just looking for confirmation.

Thanks again for the input.

Bec07

Aug 13, 2010
I still didn't get my answer. Can we flash official Asus .blob files with this tool?

nibblet787

Unfortunately, I'm also getting the (0x4) error for the system and bootloader partitions. I managed to get boot.img and recovery to flash without this error, however. Is the system image that comes with WSGUnbricker supposed to be over 524mb? I only ask because even the system folder in WSG 0.0.6 is only just over 300 megs.

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Unfortunately, I'm also getting the (0x4) error for the system and bootloader partitions. I managed to get boot.img and recovery to flash without this error, however. Is the system image that comes with WSGUnbricker supposed to be over 524mb? I only ask because even the system folder in WSG 0.0.6 is only just over 300 megs.

Considering that when I do a backup of AOKP my system image is ~243MB I would suggest that a stock ASUS system image could easily be ~524MB.

The reason I say this is due to the amount of ASUS system/apps that are included.

If only ASUS released full source like Samsung have done, then we would be in a much happier boat.

Before anyone jumps in saying Samsung own their SoC and ASUS are only borrowing nVidia's, I don't care. Not a viable excuse in my mind.

I happen to agree with Adam Outler that if you are making SoC's for an open source OS, your SoC should also be as openly documented as possible.

Reactions: beekay201

fordwolden

May 2, 2012
Metal brick turns soft?

I originally sent this as a PM to a couple of dev's but I was told I should post
as it may be interesting to the public. Here goes...

I had a small miracle happen today when my prime bricked and i was getting low on battery and desperate.

It bricked on me so hard that i could not get into recovery or fastboot. When I tried recovery it just said "Booting recovery kernel image" but nothing happened.

Trying to boot into fastboot did nothing, it just booted to splash screen again. Then, as I said i feared for battery life and put the prime in the dock (due to a faulty charger i can only charge through dock). Just for fun I tried both again, and what do you know, I got into fastboot.

I was trying to flash eos-rom (freeze at splash screen), push updated cwm through adb as advised, flashed updated cwm in recovery, reboot and BRICK.

Now I'm downloading WSG tool and humbly asking what steps you recommend, easiest way out is preferred as nerves are getting thin. I don't care what
rom, kernel or recovery I end up with, I just want to see it boot!

Thanks guys

fordwolden

May 2, 2012
Happy to announce that I am now unBricked, was able to get into fastboot and flash CWM image and AOKP boot image. I am finally on EOS and life is grand.

Actually never got the WSG-tool to work, kept getting a boot error (0x4) with everything that flashed both manual and auto. Nothing happened. But definately keeping it for a rainy day.

In this prosess of doing this I have PM'ed incredibly helpful dev's and spent hours upon hours searching and reading threads. There is no substitute for this as you pick up things you didn't know you needed all the time. Learned alot and the next time this happens I hopefully wont have that tingeling feeling in the left arm that happens just before heart attacks! :)

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

I had this issue with WSG but not when I flashed them manually through fastboot, there's a solution by Swiftks (whom have been properly thanked of course) in the last post of this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514088&page=27

Also found another good one while googling that had the files I needed. This should UnBrick most in no time!

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/install-touch-cwm-recovery-on-transformer-prime/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WSG
    WabiSabiGeeks

Latest ROM: WSG UnBricker V1.0.3
    Last Update: July 16, 2012
    Type: Tools

Wabi-Sabi: Finding the beauty in, and embracing the imperfect!

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous iPhone owners!

I bring to you a tool to help UnBrick your Brick Prime. This should be used has a last resort.

..:: Description ::..
    This is a Full Fastboot based solution that should allow you to flash any partition.

The IMG's used are blob signed, which our devices require.

..::Audience::..

Anyone who has flash stock rom, messed with the kernel, or can access fastboot.

**Please try DiamondBack thread before attempting to use this tool**

**Before using please install Universal Naked Driver**

**Big THANKS to Doktaphex for fastboot command**

1. Extract it somewhere like your desktop, though anywhere will work.
      when i say extract it i mean use extract all so you get my file structure do not move these files or it will break
    2. Run / double click WSGFlasher.bat
    3. The script displays the readme at startup. close it and continue.
    4. Select what function you want to do and press [ENTER]
      Please be careful as to what file you drag and drop when it prompts you
      One final note do not give it a file from another device or a non .img file it will flash it anyway no matter what file you drag and drop once you press enter it flashes what ever was dragged onto the script. Also do not drag a radio img when it asks for recovery or in revers, bad things will happen Wile they are fixable by repeating the process I dont want anyone to mess up their device making such a simple mistake.

Download Link: WSG UnBricker V1.0.3
    MD5: e2bf785939e98b74737f7eb0ad9c2c78

..::ChangeLog::..

Code:
    WSG_UnBricker V1.0.3
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed Coding mistakes
    [*]Using a couple diff methods to Un-Brick
    [*]Default IMG base from Stock Rom 9.4.2.18
    [/LIST]

WSG_UnBricker V1.0.2
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed System IMG size
    [*]Clean up Code
    [*]Default IMG base from Stock Rom 9.4.2.15
    [/LIST]

More to Come.....
    Further, if I get any parts wrong, PM me and I'll get those parts corrected.

Android Partition, SPL etc.

Partitions:
    Followings are a list of partitions on your ASUS Transformer Prime (TF201).

misc - misc partition -
    recovery - Recovery Partition - This is where the original CWM recovery or any other Recovery would go. Basically if you reboot into recovery it'll boot from here.
    boot - This is your boot partition also known has kernel
    system - This is where all your system information (ROM resides)
    cache - cache (When you factory reset the phone, this area is wiped)
    userdata - user data (like your login, your user settings etc) When you factory reset the tablet, this area is wiped)

So, if you replace the recovery image, you are pretty much set for updates provided here at XDA.

ROM images will normally replace boot and system images at the same time and often time, userdata and cache too; reseting the phone completely.

SPL/Bootloader/Bricking Tablets:
    SPL / Bootloader is like BIOS on a computer. At least I think of it that way. SPL can be updated! SPL comes as either Security-On of Security-Off (S-ON/S-OFF).

How do I know the tablet is bricked? A bricked tablet can not boot into bootloader, recovery, or into normal operation modes. You can not connect to a bricked tablet via adb or fastboot. You can only see one screen on the tablet and it will be the first splash screen.
    Can see this coming in use sometime, so thanks in advance for when I screw up my tab:)
    **I bring to you a tool to help UnBrick your Brick Prime. This should be used has a last resort.

Cool beans man. Is this how you got your bricked Prime up and running?

Yes...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Is this for like a hard brick?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    this is for bricks that can't be fixed using Diamonbacks brick thread.