[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

khosa04

Dec 2, 2013
There is a mod for note3 keyboard...you can flash that..:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

qingwen

Dec 4, 2013
Not sure if anyone encountered this before, that android apps work perfectly fine while on wifi, but when switched over to 3G or LTE, the app will not be able to connect using the 3G/ LTE signal. When starting them, they give a message that no connection was found.

The few apps tested were:
Whatsapp
Chrome
Play Store (able to browse for apps using 3G, but fail to be able to downloaded)

If anyone has encountered this before and solved it, please advice! I'm severely handicapped without 3G while on the road.

khosa04

Dec 2, 2013
Can u give the details of which rom are you using and what changes have you done to your phone...maybe I can help...:)

qingwen

Dec 4, 2013
Can u give the details of which rom are you using and what changes have you done to your phone...maybe I can help...:)

I just came over to the darkside, initially was using CM11 4.4 Unofficial, then i figured out the problem of android apps not have internet connectivity on 3g. I switched over to Omnirom to try if that was happening as well. When I was over at Omnirom 4.4, i was experiencing the same problem, so i decided to go to cm 10.2 to confirm to see if it's the rom, or the phone. on cm 10.2, same thing, i was able to browse the play store, but not able to download. Currently i'm back on Omnirom 4.4 as i really like it, but still no connectivity.

when i flash the roms, i do wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik before flashing a new rom.

changes wise, i only rooted my phone using odin 3.07, as well as install CWM Recovery touch via odin.

I have a feeling that it's for the googleapps that have to flash after we flash the custom rom.
I have no problems surfing the net on the stock browser, but i cannot connect on chrome.

khosa04

Dec 2, 2013
Have u flashed gapps after flashing roms...some roms give gapps with their roms...try flashing gapps if it can help....:) if not the try flashin the custom rom...these apps should definately work on it...:) glad if I'd help..:)

qingwen

Dec 4, 2013
Have u flashed gapps after flashing roms...some roms give gapps with their roms...try flashing gapps if it can help....:) if not the try flashin the custom rom...these apps should definately work on it...:) glad if I'd help..:)

Hi yes i do flash the gapps after flashing the roms. without gapps, i will not have play store to access to..

khosa04

Dec 2, 2013
You can download custom roms from sammobile for note 2...if not officialy upgraded to 4.3...u should use the 4.1.2...knox bothers me a lot...:) I can give it a search for your problem..nd yess it wouldnt be gapps..sorry for the wild guess...just sleepy..never mind lets search for a solution..:)

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

If u have a custom rom just give it a try...:) I think it can solve your problem...:) I'm no dev so please bear wid me...:(I'm just trying to help..:)

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Read this...hope it can help you...:)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...ing-liquidsmooth-4-2-2-rc1-any-other-rom.html

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Not sure if anyone encountered this before, that android apps work perfectly fine while on wifi, but when switched over to 3G or LTE, the app will not be able to connect using the 3G/ LTE signal. When starting them, they give a message that no connection was found.

The few apps tested were:
Whatsapp
Chrome
Play Store (able to browse for apps using 3G, but fail to be able to downloaded)

If anyone has encountered this before and solved it, please advice! I'm severely handicapped without 3G while on the road.

Hi! I got the same problem and I fixed it a couple of days ago. Firstly, check your APN settings using this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker and change your APN setting based on the app's recommendation. Next, use a network mode toggle app and change it to WCDMA only. It should help u regain your internet connection.

Smack that thanks button if I helped.

N7105 Note 2 LTE International powered by Illusion ROM 2.6
Plasma Kernel 2.02

Reactions: qingwen

elson3344

Nov 28, 2013
CHOOSE TOUCHWIZ EZ or TOUCHWIZ HOME popup msg

i having a issue using Ditto 3.1.1,every times i unlock the phone then press home button will popup ask me choose TOUCHWIZ EZ or TOUCHWIZ HOME, any one here know hot to fix this problem>? ;)

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
i having a issue using Ditto 3.1.1,every times i unlock the phone then press home button will popup ask me choose TOUCHWIZ EZ or TOUCHWIZ HOME, any one here know hot to fix this problem>? ;)

When u press home button, there should be a option to set a launcher as always. (E.g. I wan use touchwiz home, so I click it, then press always.) If the always button isn't there, contact e-team (u should be posting this in the ditto note 3 thread Lol)

Plasma Kernel 2.02
Sent from a small country named Singapore

de.f

Dec 5, 2013
No idea what happened.

I am a noob when it comes to phones!

So basically my phone is stuck in the boot screen that says "Samsung GALAXY Note II GT-N7100". I cannot go into recovery mode (Vol UP + Home + Power) but I can go into the downloading mode (Vol DOWN + Home + Power). I can't do anything with it because the phone is not in USB debugging mode, so when I try to ODIN it, it keeps asking to put it in USB debugging mode. But I can't turn my phone on to put it on USB debugging mode. Is there another way?

Basically what happened is that I had a Chinese version of the phone, in order for it to have play store on it I needed to install a custom ROM so I installed AllianceRom. It took me a long time to follow the instructions correctly and to do it... But I eventually figured it out. Lately my phone felt a little slow and I had some useless stuff in there so I decided to factory reset it. Then BOOM, now it's stuck on that screen and it won't turn on... I don't know what to do. Any ideas? I read like 20 threads now but none of them seem to help because they need you to be able to go into Recovery Mode, or at least have USB debugging enabled and I can't do either right now. And the other higher level threads are just too complicated for me to comprehend, I get lost after a few lines of reading those things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

elson3344

Nov 28, 2013
When u press home button, there should be a option to set a launcher as always. (E.g. I wan use touchwiz home, so I click it, then press always.) If the always button isn't there, contact e-team (u should be posting this in the ditto note 3 thread Lol)

Plasma Kernel 2.02

sorry i dint mention any of it, Yes I did click it ALWAYS , but it still cant : ( , i cant post at ditto so sad :crying:

qingwen

Dec 4, 2013
Hi! I got the same problem and I fixed it a couple of days ago. Firstly, check your APN settings using this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker and change your APN setting based on the app's recommendation. Next, use a network mode toggle app and change it to WCDMA only. It should help u regain your internet connection.

Plasma Kernel 2.02

Thanks! it was a problem with my APN settings. too many APN settings to choose from and i didnt know that there were problems in the APN settings! Tweakerr solved the problem, didnt have to use any network toggle app to get things working..

xcly

Oct 22, 2011
London

So basically my phone is stuck in the boot screen that says "Samsung GALAXY Note II GT-N7100". I cannot go into recovery mode (Vol UP + Home + Power) but I can go into the downloading mode (Vol DOWN + Home + Power). I can't do anything with it because the phone is not in USB debugging mode, so when I try to ODIN it, it keeps asking to put it in USB debugging mode. But I can't turn my phone on to put it on USB debugging mode. Is there another way?

Basically what happened is that I had a Chinese version of the phone, in order for it to have play store on it I needed to install a custom ROM so I installed AllianceRom. It took me a long time to follow the instructions correctly and to do it... But I eventually figured it out. Lately my phone felt a little slow and I had some useless stuff in there so I decided to factory reset it. Then BOOM, now it's stuck on that screen and it won't turn on... I don't know what to do. Any ideas? I read like 20 threads now but none of them seem to help because they need you to be able to go into Recovery Mode, or at least have USB debugging enabled and I can't do either right now. And the other higher level threads are just too complicated for me to comprehend, I get lost after a few lines of reading those things.

I didn't need USB debugging to get Odin to work. Maybe try a different version of odin?

sinalco

Mar 27, 2013
root the Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005ZWEDBT)

hello,
i would like to root my Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005ZWEDBT) and have some questions. Would be nice to post a link.

- Which root-method is easy for a beginner?
- Do i recieve the OTA-Updates? If no, how to Update my device?
- How to unroot?
- How to come back to original firmware (stock).

Thanks for helping.

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
hello,
i would like to root my Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005ZWEDBT) and have some questions. Would be nice to post a link.

- Which root-method is easy for a beginner?
- Do i recieve the OTA-Updates? If no, how to Update my device?
- How to unroot?
- How to come back to original firmware (stock).

Thanks for helping.

- No root method is easy for a user who uses 4.3 (Blame Knox. That made life so much harder.)
- No u don't receive OTA-Updates. You'll have to get the firmware from SamMobile and flash it yourself.
-there should be a option in Superuser and SuperSu to unroot... I'm not sure, I use system superuser.
- find it on SamMobile.

P.S. ain't this the note 2 forums? I thought there was a note 3 forums? Hmm...

Plasma Kernel 2.02

Reactions: sinalco

ameyamg

Oct 10, 2013

Try flashing one of the avaialble recoveries like Philz or TWRP via odin in download mode and then check.

Or Flash the ROM compatible with your model via odin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"