AtomLife_ROM Cooking Tutorial, Kitchen, Recipes and Seasonings

Search This thread

bajok!

Mar 11, 2008
Caloocan
Hi All AtomLifers,

After spending sometime cooking ROMs for AtomLife, I decided to create a tutorial for everybody who wish to learn on how to cook ROMs for our beloved ATOMLIFE. This is a simplified version in PDF format, for OFFLINE reading. You have to download ADOBE Reader to view the document.

I want to thank everybody here in xda-dev for the things i've learned, and i think this is the best way to repay for those knowledge.

DOWNLOADS:
1. bajok!_AtomLife ROM Cooking Tutorial.pdf
2. bajok!_kitchen and recipe.rar
3. Kitchen_seasoning.rar
4. Icons I used in my ROMs

...just extract these files and you're good to go...

Related Links:
1. For latest SYS and XIPs, here (by NRGZ28) or here (by Da_G)
2. For creating OEM, here by -G-
3. For better knowledge of EVK (Ervius Kitchen), here by +QUE PPC

Always remember that ATOMLIFE is QVGA.

WARNING: TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK...

ROMCooking.png

Last edited:

bajok!

Mar 11, 2008
Caloocan
TIPS and TRICKS

1. To make the ROM bootable, delete these modules from the MSXipKernel of every build you've downloaded:
- cachefilt.dll
- hd.dll
- initvmmap.dll
- mencfilt.dll
- osaxsto.dll

2. Suggested modules for recmodding: (under \SHARED\COMMON directory)
- Adobe Flashcodecs
- Adobe Flash
- Browsing
- BrowsingCore
- BrowsingIE
- GPSID
- IRDA
- Lockscreen
- Media OS
- Confetti Core
- SkyBox
- WindowsLive
- WindowLiveIM
- Internet Sharing
- CHOME
- WMWidgets

Note: Use the nueRecmode.exe provided in the zip file. Create a shortcut to your desktop. Drag the modules to the shortcut link. You will see the recmoded file inside the module. Move the recmoded file to your desktop, then delete the modules you recmoded. Move back the recmoded files from your desktop to the folder of the deleted modules.

3. The icons (\new dpi_96) in the iconpack.rar, can be copied to \SYS\2xxxx\dpi_96\COMMON\Base DPI_96 folder. This will change the MS icons.

4. If you want to put your name on the System Info, edit the file Version.txt under \OEM\Atomlife\COMMON\OEMDrivers folder. Look for the line:
1.1 ROM:WM6.5_21908.5.0.93_WWE_20100703_bajok!

5. If you want to create your own splash screen, find an image and set the size to 320 x 320 pixels. Save the file welcomehead.96.png. Copy the file to \SYS\2xxxx\dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320\COMMON\Redist_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320 and overwrite the existing.

....more to come....

Last edited:

insomia

Apr 29, 2007
cleanlite

kabayan, thanks for this tutorial. i ll try my luck to built a Life ROM.:)

Im not yet ready to cook an ATOM ROM... but may i ask, what files can be safely delete to remove titanium and lockslide.

Thanks!!

bajok!

Mar 11, 2008
Caloocan
kabayan, thanks for this tutorial. i ll try my luck to built a Life ROM.:)

Im not yet ready to cook an ATOM ROM... but may i ask, what files can be safely delete to remove titanium and lockslide.

Thanks!!
...on Ervius Kitchen, all you have to do is double click the line CHOME (Titanium) and LOCKSCREEN to disable or enable the programs. You can do this for other programs such as TRANSCRIBER, WM apps, etc...

Last edited:

Tabbe

Dec 19, 2005
just downloaded
will try it release one just like O2 OEM stock like rom

im interested to add O2 AutoInstaller back
with 32mb of extrom to edit what user can optionally install
also other O2 apps

will need some help

B

bluecozza

Bro, The link above is not all workin fine. seems two of them was deleted from server.. (tutorial and seasoning.).. re upload please...

thanks for bajok.. you makes my atom life to life again :D