FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,924

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2018, 07:16 PM |#26141  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewwert

I have the problem, that not all (sub-) folders on my nas are shown. I cannot see a principle why the are not shown. Any hint?
Update :up to 6.14. 10-beta everything is fine. Higher levels do not work.

Tap on 3-dots menu > Show hidden. If they are system files, set system_files=true in the advanced settings of the bookmark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2018, 07:33 PM |#26142  
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

I assume most of the Android devices are using flash drives/memory internally but also externally like SD cards, USB memories or SSD. I personally doubt that "shredding" by use of MiXplorer (although I'm a great fan and absolute supporter of this extraordinary piece of work by Hootan) erases data that they aren't recoverable any longer.
As far as I know, an internal control unit of the flash memory ensures that other cells are used for each write event in order to save the memory cells. To systematically clobber single files by "shred" or "wipe" is impossible. Moreover, flash memories contain additional spare cells that can't be reached by overwriting of the complete device. I'm not a technician and collected this information from Wikipedia (e.g. flash memory, flash memory controller or shred) and searching the web. It's pretty interesting if you search for "how to securely wipe/erase flash memory". It seems that at least Linux provides a tool: hdparm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

This is also my understanding. The wear leveling algorithms use different cells for each write so intentionally "overwriting" a file just doesn't happen - unlike HDDs where when you overwrite a file you're writing to the same location that it previously existed.
All you're actually accomplishing by attempting to overwrite a file multiple times is speeding up the wear on your memory (and yes flash memory does wear out, although it's highly unlikely to happen before you replace the phone. Modern flash memory can last a very long time before it goes bad on you. It has a limited number of write cycles before it starts to go bad and the wear leveling algorithms spread the writes evenly over all the cells ).

Thanks for the info. My information is older then (I mean too old, got updated by your new info). As I ever try before, secure erase/shred using some cleaner software (I don't remember which one I try), can render the file in microsd/flashdisk unrecoverable by program such as recuva. If I delete it manually, recuva still can recover the file immediately. I ever accidentally format a wrong 8 GB flashdisk (6 GB data inside) and recover the whole files immediately to full intact as before. If I shred/secure erase (really forgot using which one), the files name become randomized and when try to recover, it will show 0 byte size. Probably this depends on the filesystem too. Both flashdisk and microsd are FAT32. I haven't tried yet with MiXplorer, will try it when I have the chance. To lazy to pull the microsd out just to test this

While in vfat and ext4, as the one used by most android now, there is still no full program can recover those. I wish to know too if there is. Most of the software/app claim they can do it, but simply scamware. But i ever experiment with older android, a qualcomm MSM8610 device, which still support backup full partition thru emmc raw tool. I try to delete something in the internal storage (/sdcard0/), then take full 4 GB raw backup of the file. Then try to recover file directly from the raw img file using raw format recovery, the file is still there!!! So it is only possible to recover the file if we can dump the raw img of the nand flash, which is kinda impossible for new devices (unless we have access to forensic tools). I don't know if shredding the file using MiXplorer can really shred it completely.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desmanto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desmanto Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 07:45 PM |#26143  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,474

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmanto

Thanks for the info. My information is older then. As I ever try before, secure erase/shred using some cleaner software (I don't remember which one I try), can render the file in microsd/flashdisk unrecoverable by program such as recuva. If I delete it manually, recuva still can recover the file immediately. I ever accidentally format a wrong 8 GB flashdisk (6 GB data inside) and recover the whole files immediately to full intact as before. If I shred/secure erase (really forgot using which one), the files name become randomized and when try to recover, it will show 0 byte size. Probably this depends on the filesystem too. Both flashdisk and microsd are FAT32. I haven't tried yet with MiXplorer, will try it when I have the chance. To lazy to pull the microsd out just to test this

While in vfat and ext4, as the one used by most android now, there is still no full program can recover those. I wish to know too if there is. Most of the software/app claim they can do it, but simply scamware. But i ever experiment with older android, a qualcomm MSM8610 device, which still support backup full partition thru emmc raw tool. I try to delete something in the internal storage (/sdcard0/), then take full 4 GB raw backup of the file. Then try to recover file directly from the raw img file using raw format recovery, the file is still there!!! So it is only possible to recover the file if we can dump the raw img of the nand flash, which is kinda impossible for new devices (unless we have access to forensic tools). I don't know if shredding the file using MiXplorer can really shred it completely.

Right. The internal pointers and file names may all change but the actual data may still reside someplace. If you were to dump all of "unused" storage you would find the "erased"data. At least until the wear leveling algorithms get around to reusing those cells for another write. Fstrim is another factor - it refreshes the cell information so that cells that have been recently released are marked as available for reuse. This happens on its own but may take some time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 08:04 PM |#26144  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbellu

@HootanParsa
Hi Hootan, in latest build whatever custom Title i write in new task window it shows in task list view the "zip" word. Also re-edit the same task the title field appear empty instead of the previous assigned title. Could you please take a look? Thanks

Hi, please try the new build and tell me the result. Thank you.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2018, 08:23 PM |#26145  
Thanks Meter: 897

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Hi, please try the new build and tell me the result.

Now the task Title has no issue thank you!
But after setting an autotask and saving it with "save" button no task was running. I had to force close Mix from Android app settings and restarting Mix for running my autotask succesfully! In the previous build the task was running after first save. Anyway I will make some more tests and reporting the results if something is wrong.
Thanks a lot!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 09:26 PM |#26146  
Thanks Meter: 897

More
@HootanParsa found another issue with autotask. I'll try to explain..
Scenario: you set 3 new autotask with 3 different title and time interval setted to none. This means that you have to run the task manually from task list, opening the edit task window and clicking the save button.
This run the task and close the edit task window and the task list window appear again.
The issue is that the task list windows do not refresh the content and if you repeat all the 3 tasks manually then the task list shows the tasks but if you try to open one for editing, it has different title in edit window. So I think every time a task run it shift up to the top of the list but the list do not refresh all the text for this task. So after some running the list got messed up. Hope is clear enough... Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 10:48 PM |#26147  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, I can't find MiXplorer on XDA Labs, only the addons are there. Why?
18th October 2018, 11:02 PM |#26148  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,223

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viniuau

Hey, I can't find MiXplorer on XDA Labs, only the addons are there. Why?

Strange....the app has been removed. Maybe @HootanParsa is going to upload it on playstore now? But why shouldn't it be available on XDA anymore?
You find the latest build in the OP of this thread too.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018_10_18_23_00_48.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	4621888  
18th October 2018, 11:19 PM |#26149  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,717

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

Strange....the app has been removed. Maybe @HootanParsa is going to upload it on playstore now? But why shouldn't it be available on XDA anymore?
You find the latest build in the OP of this thread too.

Apk mirror also hosts it
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 11:50 PM |#26150  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
how to go to recyclebin? deleted a file accidentally.
thanks
19th October 2018, 12:01 AM |#26151  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,051

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by filnirv

how to go to recyclebin? deleted a file accidentally.
thanks

Have you enabled it?
The Following User Says Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)