FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,925

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2019, 02:34 AM |#31041  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

A logcat never hurt.

already sent it (mix log) on my previous post. see few posts above pls
for "logcat" sorry i really forgot how to use it. if the Dev need it maybe i'll try to provide it. i guess Mix log should be enough
26th September 2019, 02:51 AM |#31042  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,311

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaGandhi

Yes, i know it CAN be open with text Editor, code editor, etc,.. BUT i tried to open it with one specific app for .srt editor app (the one that pops up when i clicked on file) see ss pls..
now, the actual problem is the file CANNOT be opened with the app, after i click it closes immediately and says "the file was not found".

”the app" = Easy Subtitles, OK.
Have you tried opening with another app in the Open With menu to confirm it's not a problem with "the app"?
Does Easy Subtitles not have a Open>File Browse functionality?
The Following User Says Thank You to buffal0b1ll For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buffal0b1ll Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 03:20 AM |#31043  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,216

More
Quote:

already sent it (mix log) on my previous post. see few posts above pls

As you say yourself, that wasnt a logcat, but a MiX log..

Quote:

for "logcat" sorry i really forgot how to use it. if the Dev need it maybe i'll try to provide it. i guess Mix log should be enough

Remember, its not just the dev that is trying to help you here on this thread.

Although, not that I understand too much of what MiX is doing in the background, I was a little confused by the MiX log lines
Code:
D/HUB>  ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/FTWD.srt
D/LocalServer>  Started. Port: 48592 Timeout: 0 sec
D/IntentHelper>  START video.tools.easysubtitles 
D/IntentHelper>  URI http://127.0.0.1:48592/1753440781/FTWD.srt 
I/MiX>  MiX paused.
It appears to try to access your file via a local HTTP server (http://127.0.0.1:48592/) instead of directly via the file location (/storage/emulated/0/) I would take a stab in the dark that you do not have a HTTP web server running on your device.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 04:09 AM |#31044  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffal0b1ll

”the app" = Easy Subtitles, OK.
Have you tried opening with another app in the Open With menu to confirm it's not a problem with "the app"?
Does Easy Subtitles not have a Open>File Browse functionality?

Nope, because..
1. there not much specific app that really good for subtitle editor
2. Yes, the app is working just fine. Yes, i could open any .srt files within the app itself BUT not within mixplorer and this was the actual reason why i posted at the first place.. i need the eficiency.
2a. logically, as if you can't open the image file within MiX but you could use native or any other image app to open the image directly from for sure. well, so what's the point having file manager then. you know what i mean? again, thats not a real solution
3. old version mix 6.33.1 was working and the files can be opened within mixplorer, BUT its old version and has lot of bugs so thats not real solution
4. guess i will wait for the Dev himself to give any solution or maybe a fix.

alright, thank you all, i gotta go. really appreciated for all the replies and many feedbacks.. what a great community here. thanks guys

---------- Post added at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

Quote:

As you say yourself, that wasnt a logcat, but a MiX log..

Remember, its not just the dev that is trying to help you here on this thread.

Although, not that I understand too much of what MiX is doing in the background, I was a little confused by the MiX log lines

Code:
D/HUB>  ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/FTWD.srt
D/LocalServer>  Started. Port: 48592 Timeout: 0 sec
D/IntentHelper>  START video.tools.easysubtitles 
D/IntentHelper>  URI http://127.0.0.1:48592/1753440781/FTWD.srt 
I/MiX>  MiX paused.
It appears to try to access your file via a local HTTP server (http://127.0.0.1:48592/) instead of directly via the file location (/storage/emulated/0/) I would take a stab in the dark that you do not have a HTTP web server running on your device.

yes you're right, user helping each other. im sorry i just dont have time to do logcat thing or digging more info right now

i don't have any idea about http server, all i can assure is the file located in internal storage, why does it need a http server to open/access it? doesnt make sense for me either.
hey catch you all later, gotta go thanks alot anyway

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 ----------

Quote:

one more thing.. any idea about usb otg free storage capacity detection? or things about (MiX's) mount points?
ive posted before in here.. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=31039
thoughts and suggestion please.. thanks
26th September 2019, 04:28 AM |#31045  
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloup

But I have a new bug. I'm not able to copy filepaths anymore. The steps to reproduce it are:

• Select a file
  • Tap the (i) icon to open properties popup
  • Tap and hold over the filepath
Video showing the bug: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aAomRtwt59ehfJvr9

In previous versions this would copy the path to clipboard and show a little toast notification. Now it just abruptly close the properties popup without copying the path.

I couldn't find an alternative way to copy filepaths.

See this.

A minor adjustment.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 04:39 AM |#31046  
Flag Amritsar
Thanks Meter: 8

More
is it possible to exclude some folder in recent tab because in miui there are so many log file generated all the time.Click image for larger version

Name:	ggg.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	4827963

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
26th September 2019, 05:06 AM |#31047  

More
@HootanParsa, what's the current status of this problem?..

Did you make any change on it? (sorry, just got a little lazy to test it...)
26th September 2019, 05:30 AM |#31048  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Perhaps a stupid question but, how do I create an unknown type file? I only get some specific types(txt, db, etc...).
26th September 2019, 05:49 AM |#31049  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas gp

Perhaps a stupid question but, how do I create an unknown type file? I only get some specific types(txt, db, etc...).

...Pretend it was of some specific type, proceed anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 06:39 AM |#31050  
Flag Caxambu
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

See this.

A minor adjustment.

Oh I see now, thank you so much! (I had written a very different reply due to have not understood what you ware saying, but now I got it and removed it)
26th September 2019, 09:53 AM |#31051  
world
Thanks Meter: 23

More
@HootanParsa
Thanks for great app
Can add option delete for files and folders first "rename randomize" then delete files and folders
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123xdagsm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 123xdagsm Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)