[Q] Can't enter fastboot.

Search This thread

Saintom

Jun 26, 2012
Hi guys,

i've decided to finaly unlock my bootloader and flash a new rom, i thought maybe KitKat...
unfortunately i can't get into fastboot...i keep getting the dead android with red triangle.
tablet is working as usual, and i get the 3 options when trying to get into fast boot ( vol. down+ power)
but when i chose RCK it starts loading for a sec' and the dead android apears.

is this some kind of brick?
i have JB 4.2.1 OTA

i've search the forum & googled it, and i couldn't find a clear answer...

any solutions for this?
thanks!

ebildude123

Nov 25, 2012
When the 3 icons/options show it means you're already in fastboot mode. Regards.

Sent from my GS3 on Carbon KK using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Saintom

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hi guys,

i've decided to finaly unlock my bootloader and flash a new rom, i thought maybe KitKat...
unfortunately i can't get into fastboot...i keep getting the dead android with red triangle.
tablet is working as usual, and i get the 3 options when trying to get into fast boot ( vol. down+ power)

i have JB 4.2.1 OTA

any solutions for this?
thanks!

Yes and the RCK is were you will enter your custom recovery once you put one on your tablet with fastboot..

Saintom

Jun 26, 2012
Yep.
Make sure your device is detected first, by typing fastboot devices

Sent from my TF300T on CM11 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, i did, and it is...!
last time i was following these subjects, i had ICS and remembered there was a USB icon so i thought the RCK is similar. guess not.. :rolleyes:
thanks.

one more question tho'...
is there a differance between *.blob and *.img, flashing Recovery wise?

ebildude123

Nov 25, 2012
last time i was following these subjects, i had ICS and remembered there was a USB icon so i thought the RCK is similar. guess not.. :rolleyes:
thanks.

They will both flash to your recovery partition, so there is nothing to worry about the difference :good:
Make sure after you flash the recovery, you reboot fully into android first before you go back into recovery. :D

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Most *.img files you get for our TF300T are actually (misnamed) blobs and can be flashed fine using fastboot. If you are not sure, check the header:
If the file starts with "-SIGNED-BY-SIGNBLOB-" it is an Asus blob file and can be flashed.
If the file starts with "ANDROID!" it is an Android boot image and cannot be flashed directly, but can be easily converted into a flashable blob.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When the 3 icons/options show it means you're already in fastboot mode. Regards.

Sent from my GS3 on Carbon KK using Tapatalk 4
    Hi guys,

i have JB 4.2.1 OTA

any solutions for this?
    thanks!

Yes and the RCK is were you will enter your custom recovery once you put one on your tablet with fastboot..
    so there's no need to select anything? that's it?
    and flash recovery from here?

thanks

Yep.
    Make sure your device is detected first, by typing fastboot devices

Sent from my TF300T on CM11 using Tapatalk 4
    thanks.

They will both flash to your recovery partition, so there is nothing to worry about the difference :good:
    Make sure after you flash the recovery, you reboot fully into android first before you go back into recovery. :D
    Most *.img files you get for our TF300T are actually (misnamed) blobs and can be flashed fine using fastboot. If you are not sure, check the header:
    If the file starts with "-SIGNED-BY-SIGNBLOB-" it is an Asus blob file and can be flashed.
    If the file starts with "ANDROID!" it is an Android boot image and cannot be flashed directly, but can be easily converted into a flashable blob.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk