[Q] How Can I flash an Official European Rom on my Desire S???

Search This thread

Blezz

Oct 31, 2008
successfully downgraded from 1.31 to 1.28 with goldcard and psneuter, used this tutorial for the DHD, instead of
./misc_version -s 1.31.405.6
i have used
./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6

Reactions: edebont and sonikz

richbayliss

Jun 18, 2006
That's done it, I didn't get that the goldcard relates to the actual micro SD you use, thought the code was from the phone.

Updating now to the Orange UK so I will soon have UMA, Thanks for the advice.

I didn't know Orange had added UMA support to the Desire S. I would be interested in how you get on with this feature because my Orange signal is ****e! :mad:

sonikz

Dec 12, 2006
Gloucester
successfully downgraded from 1.31 to 1.28 with goldcard and psneuter, used this tutorial for the DHD, instead of
i have used

So hadn't realised that there was a Gingerbreak tool you can boot from ADB instead of just using psneuter, misc_version then works, however appears version changes back on reboot??

^^^ Ignore that, regardless of the reported version number, using this method I have installed ver 1.28.401.1 over the Vodafone 1.32.161.1... boots fine! Reinstalling all my sh*t AGAIN.... HEH!

Last edited:

Blezz

Oct 31, 2008
glad it worked for you, going to try now some work around for s-on
maybe i got some interesting leak which i can use for it

Fast Unlocker

Jun 10, 2008
Syria
i renamed the rom.zip to PG88IMG.zip. Put it on root of the SD Card and started the phone in to bootloader.
The bootloader loads the file and stop the setup after a while with the message that the rom is older then the one that is allredy installed.

i have a O2 branded ROM with the Version of RUU_Saga_O2_UK_1.31.206.1_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38 .03.02.14_M_release.
And the unbranded HTC Version is older RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1_Radio_20.28b.30.080 5U_38.03.02.11_M_release.

This means for me that a debranding with a GOLDCard is not possible due to the reason of the old release from HTC.

Does anyone know if there is a newer version of the HTC Rom?

can you upload them to any link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have used
    I would suggest that it is an issue with your goldcard.... use the memory card that came with the phone. Install Goldcard helper from market, use the CID for MMC2 as Android SDK never reports the right one for me. This number has already been reversed, so create the goldcard img on http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard then using Gold Card Tool flash your img file to your phones SD card via the phones USB cable.... should be job done. While the cable is connected copy the PG88img.zip to the root directory of the SD card. Turn off fast boot, power off, power on with Vol Down and wait for progress.