[RUU]RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.54.651.1_Radio_2.15 .00.0808_NV_2.15

Search This thread

PhxkinMassacre

Dec 4, 2010
Lemont
Nice! But just curious. How do you use this? Of all the things I know about rooting and whatnot this is the only thing I'm stumped on...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Drakhar

Oct 2, 2010
North Florida
I keep getting Error 170 when trying to run this... Running Win7 x64. Is there anything special I need to do to get this to work?

Exiled44

Sep 22, 2010
Winchester
I keep getting Error 170 when trying to run this... Running Win7 x64. Is there anything special I need to do to get this to work?

That's what I am wondering. Every other RUU he uploaded were zip files that you just flashed through HBoot & this one is a exe file. How do you use this? This is a non-Rooted Rom right?

Tekn010933

Don't know exactly where you coming from and going to, 4.53 to 4.54? But something and that has been working and continued for me.

This ruu.exe is ran from the PC through usb debugging enabled, and having the correct drivers installed, I am on xp so I ran latest drivers maually, for higher o/s ver. its going to regonized the android and try to install autmatically....press stop/cancel you will need to configure it manually to have it install the correct drivers.
assuming you done this already, then enable settings>applic>develop>usb-deb and device powered on to home screen, from pc just double click the .exe and go through simple menu's and continue to process.
good luck and hope it helps..

latest Drivers

RUU4.54

Reactions: DRUMSBH

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
I have a custom slash screen on my EVO, will this put back on the oem Sprint one back on it? I just bought a E3D and am selling my EVO.

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
brad

my dilemma is that I have a rooted evo running a synergy rom on Hboot .79 and Radio 1.39

thing is that the s status is S-ON on this particular phone and unrevoked forever does not work on that radio version.

I've tried to upgrade the radio through clockwork recovery with the prepackaged zip yet when I reboot the phone still shows the old radio version.

I've tried installing an RUU from the PC but they all error out.

I'm looking for an RUU packaged in an install-able .zip that includes updated Radios Kernels Hboot and ROM in one. Is that even possible so i can fix this phone and get it some updated radios?!

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
brad

my dilemma is that I have a rooted evo running a synergy rom on Hboot .79 and Radio 1.39

thing is that the s status is S-ON on this particular phone and unrevoked forever does not work on that radio version.

I've tried to upgrade the radio through clockwork recovery with the prepackaged zip yet when I reboot the phone still shows the old radio version.

I've tried installing an RUU from the PC but they all error out.

I'm looking for an RUU packaged in an install-able .zip that includes updated Radios Kernels Hboot and ROM in one. Is that even possible so i can fix this phone and get it some updated radios?!

just saw you replied to me, sorry for the lateness. first of all, i would try aman ra for recovery, as many users have had problems with clockwork. as far as the ruu, how can you be s-on and still be rooted?

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
just saw you replied to me, sorry for the lateness. first of all, i would try aman ra for recovery, as many users have had problems with clockwork. as far as the ruu, how can you be s-on and still be rooted?

I have the opposite issue. I have S-OFF (Revolutionary) but on stock unrooted (brought the phone to Sprint for a broken power button, and they ended up not fixing it, but flashed 4.53 stock rooted).

How the hell do I get this ROM rooted since Revolutionary doesn't want to root it because the bootloader is unlocked and I can't go to recovery because once I'm on the HTC white background fastboot screen, the volume button are locked and my power button is dead anyway...

I'm trying this Ruu .exe hoping it will give me S-ON but I'm doubtful it will happen...

EDIT: Just as I thought, I'm now on stock rooted 4.54 with S-OFF. And no power button :(

Last edited:

webfeind

May 27, 2010
HTC U11
So I know you say it "should" but I don't want to RUU and then still have my batman logo as my splash screen, that would suck. I would ave to re-root it to try and find a splash .img, but I guess I will try it out and see if it works.

They will always update the splash screen, it helps to identify the firmware and rom versions at a glance. During install the setup program will create a temp folder with PC36IMG.zip or update.zip look in this zip file and you should see a splash.img file or something like that (sorry haven't looked HTC updates since my Hero Days).

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Last edited:

scottypeterson

Sep 18, 2011
Any way to get this to be able to install through the bootloader because my usb port is broken on my phone and it won't stay connected to the computer and I need to get Unrooted, s-off, return to stock, stock hboot because I need to take my phone to Sprint to get phone replaced/fixed. Thanks.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't know exactly where you coming from and going to, 4.53 to 4.54? But something and that has been working and continued for me.

This ruu.exe is ran from the PC through usb debugging enabled, and having the correct drivers installed, I am on xp so I ran latest drivers maually, for higher o/s ver. its going to regonized the android and try to install autmatically....press stop/cancel you will need to configure it manually to have it install the correct drivers.
    assuming you done this already, then enable settings>applic>develop>usb-deb and device powered on to home screen, from pc just double click the .exe and go through simple menu's and continue to process.
    good luck and hope it helps..

latest Drivers

RUU4.54
    This link is no longer working. Does anyone have an updated link to get this from? I purchased an Evo 4g but it has hboot 6.17 and I want to return to stock and hboot 2.15 so I can use the unrevoked/revolutionary method to rood. I can't seem to get my phone to flash anything through bootloader by renaming it PC36IMG.zip so I was hoping to find an .exe and try that way. Any help is appreciated, Thanks! :)

If the hboot is 6.17 its already rooted with revolutionary

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    This link is no longer working. Does anyone have an updated link to get this from? I purchased an Evo 4g but it has hboot 6.17 and I want to return to stock and hboot 2.15 so I can use the unrevoked/revolutionary method to rood. I can't seem to get my phone to flash anything through bootloader by renaming it PC36IMG.zip so I was hoping to find an .exe and try that way. Any help is appreciated, Thanks! :)

You can find this file here.
    Need Stock Rom I can re root

Hey all

Yesterday, my EVO quit calling out. It got only busy signals but I could receive calls.
    I talked to a bud and he said to reflash my ROM which I did. NO help.

I read that it could be google voice, so I disabled google voice and all worked.

I tried to reflash a nandroid backup and since then, even going back to my MIK G ROM, I can't call or get calls.

I took it to the store and the guy said that lots of stuff on my phone was missing but even after an hour and a half it still does not work.

The only thing he said to try was to get it back to stock ROM.

Could this ROM help my phone? I don't know how a stock ROM will help, plus I don't want to lose the ability to root my phone. I don't know if certain versions of this or that are required. What happens after I do this? Can I use unrevoked to re root it?

I am in KC now and have to drive back to STL tonight and I need my phone! : (
    Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mike