[Daydream][4.0+] Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

Search This thread

spaceman860

Jan 11, 2012
So where exactly is the option for AM/PM? This is usually "t" or "tt" but I noticed that your App seems to have left this out, although not all of us are in the military NOR do we venture outside our "box" so we need to know if it is DAY or NIGHT without looking outside.

Can you please add this?

Thanks.

:fingers-crossed:

In settings for time format but this
h:mm a

Sent from my Nexus 4

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Reactions: Dartman-x

Halphas

Jun 26, 2010
Hey there,

I purchased your app and have some weird problems now. I don't had this issues with the free version. Lucid starts perfectly when i put my Xperia Z into the dock. First night it shows all the selected stuff as it should, but I noticed a four hour delay on the actual time as I waked up (without alarm, so I don't know if it correctly works) . After the last reboot it starts, but won't show any time at all. Also the 0% dim shut down the whole screen instantly if selected. More reboots won't solve the problems.

I'm on a brand new Xperia Z without root, Software is 4.1.2, Version 10.1.1.A.1.253.

Any help would be appreciated, thx.

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

Halphas

Jun 26, 2010
Problems solved after reinstalling the app + reboot.

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
The newest version (1.0.7.2) which the Play Store changelog said fixxes issues with it occasionally not starting isn't behaving properly. For example, it's now opening when I put my phone into my car dock, which it shouldn't. Also, it's starting when I put my phone in the desk dock even though in daydream settings I've unchecked all of the conditions for starting daydream. My phone's a Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.2

pgregory9

Jun 16, 2013
Won't not run

Lucid runs in dock and when plugged in even if I have chosen a different daydream, even if I turn daydream off. I have to uninstall to keep it from running. Same problem as previous poster, I think.

Also would be nice if Lucid would turn off with a single touch.

Thanks

nadimsoze

Jul 22, 2010
Johannesburg
Lucid runs in dock and when plugged in even if I have chosen a different daydream, even if I turn daydream off. I have to uninstall to keep it from running. Same problem as previous poster, I think.

Also would be nice if Lucid would turn off with a single touch.

Thanks

Yeah I asked previously as well if it could have the stock daydream behaviour of touch to unlock.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

nadimsoze

Jul 22, 2010
Johannesburg
or just click on the back button to exit?^^

Some phones don't have hardware buttons, I do though.

Also it's a pain to try and pin point the back button when the phone is docked on your bed side table or a little distance away from you on a desk. I keep knocking it off the magnetic dock. Only feature I miss from the stock daydream. Vastly improves usability imo

Anyway it's a suggestion, naturally it's your perogative.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nixill

Jun 30, 2013
Full version?

I bought the full version on my Nexus 7 tablet and now I can't activate it on my HTC One. When I try it comes up with "Purchase failed: Unable to buy item (response: 7:Item Already Owned)".

Update: The "buy full version" button is gone now, so I'm assuming somehow it worked. Still, that's confusing.

Last edited:

OmiSC

Jul 2, 2013
Hello, j4velin!

I'd like to report a bug on Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and a warning to anyone using this software.

For at least 24 hours, I was running the free version of Lucid without having the 30 minute time limit trigger on July 1st (which in Canada is a national holiday, so I was at home sitting at my desk with the phone docked in front of me). I moved to my bedroom in the evening, with my alarm set to 5:30 AM (using Alarm Clock Xtreme). In the morning, I woke up late with the trial message showing and all text message notifications/alarm behaviour suspended until I cleared the message manually. Text messages did silently arrive in the background, but there were no notifications.

I never received any text messages or calls while using this daydream yesterday, and so I cannot confirm whether this happens on the trial message screen or all the time. Can anyone with a Galaxy Nexus confirm that the daydream doesn't hamper message notifications or inbound calls?

I intend to pay for this product assuming it is not bugged outside of the trial message, but so far it's costing me more than it's worth. Good job on the daydream itself, though. :/

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
In the morning, I woke up late with the trial message showing and all text message notifications/alarm behaviour suspended until I cleared the message manually. Text messages did silently arrive in the background, but there were no notifications.
the app runs in fullscreen mode, so you won't see the notification bar - however, the app won't turn on silent mode or turn off notification sound or whatsoever so I doubt that your issue is caused by this app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I couldn't find any Daydream for my finally arrived Nexus 7 Dock which fulfills all my needs, I started developing my own one. I'm quite happy with the result and present you:
    Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

The main screen of the screensaver is the clock view, which you can see in the 1st attached screenshot. Besides the moving clock & date it can also show:
    • battery level
    • weather
    • unread GMails
    • missed calls
    • new SMS texts
    • next alarm

Also, you get buttons at the bottom to:
    • toggle night-mode (dim the screen)
    • start RSS view (3rd screenshot)
    • start Slideshow view
    • play/pause music (not every music app is supported)

You can change nearly every color/text size from the configuration screen. On Android 4.2, you'll find the Daydream in the Android settings app -> Display -> Daydream. For older versions, there is a launcher icon in your app drawer and the app can automatically start when the device is connected to a power source or placed in a dock.

The app comes as a trial version, in which the use of the daydream is limited to 30 minutes. You can purchase the full version from an in-app option for a fair 0.50 EUR / 0.99 USD.

Download: Play Store

The screensaver should work with every 4.0+ device, however I could only test it on my Nexus 4 & 7. So if you have any issues, let me know :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lucid - Daydream, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    I have used Lucid Daydream for many years every evening starting in 2013. About six months ago it stopped displaying weather (neither source displays at all, ever) and I've no RSS feed icon, it never showed at all. How can I restore the two functions? I'm using it on a Moto z4 running Android 10.
    When i purchase, the only thing that changed is "Purchase App" disappeared.
    Is this correct / ok ?
    it also removed the 30 min limit on the daydream, but that's currently all. and i'll maybe implement some premium-only features in the future

Secondly, if i want to change date format, can i make it into
    dd.MMM, YYYY or something like that ?
    yes, but use small "y" for the year. you can find all available identifiers here: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
    It has started to freeze!
    display not rotating

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. I've noticed that in the preview the time rotates as you rotate the phone, but when the app activates the time ignores phone rotation. Auto-rotate screen is turned on.