MetroPCS version (T-Mobile compatible) Galaxy Mega thread.

Search This thread

mrm0rbid99

Feb 4, 2009
Scottsdale
What are the key differences between MK7 and MJ5? Which is newer? I've heard of some update having Galaxy Gear support and better stability; which firmware is that?

Christogq

May 17, 2007
Houston
I'm getting this model today. I'll be coming from the AT&T branded one. Is Paranoid Android still available for this phone?

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
Read entire thread and did not see a full confirmation... Will this work on T-MO after unlock? Tried searching a few places for unlock but cannot find the Metro PCS model... can any one give a lead?

Christogq

May 17, 2007
Houston
Read entire thread and did not see a full confirmation... Will this work on T-MO after unlock? Tried searching a few places for unlock but cannot find the Metro PCS model... can any one give a lead?

I just looked at the APN on this one and they're exactly the same as the ones I had on my AT&T Mega that I used on T-Mobile. I would imagine it will work. You maybe have to sim unlock it and that's about all.

Reactions: MC FLMJ1G

bnb25

Jan 7, 2011
Warren

the phone is a t mobile phone. it runs off of t mobiles network. They just have it listed with metro pcs planes. once it's unlock it would still wotk with tmobile

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, getting 36M in KC

Yes MetroPCS SGH-M819N unlocked, works great on t-mobile. Average down is 15M, but often 20M, and sustained bursts of 35M are seen. KC is a refarmed area so ymmv... Running silesh.nair's cm11, mokee, aosp, and beanstalk (all have populated apn's from the get-go). All run great, tho battery life is barely half of stock rom (sigh)

Btw, I also have the issue that others report with his latest twrp. When restoring a backup, the media folder isnt there so some UI sounds not triggered, and boot animation is the old school "android" most of us will remember from the g1 running cm. Clean installs are as expected, its only from restored nandroid backups.
    Can anybody report it can be used with T-Mobile SIM without unlocking?

100% Not
    Metro locks that part up...
    Ivw tried on mine and my metro s4 I had.
    You can pay for unlock thru cellunlocker.net or fastgsm.com

Sent from my SGH-M819N using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

On the other hand I havent tried the *#197328640# dialer hack method to sim unlock it used to work on all galaxys prior to 4.1.2 update

Sent from my SGH-M819N using xda app-developers app
    Do not lose hope. As long as you manage to access download (odin) mode, you still can recover.
    Make sure you have Kies installed. Turn on the phone to access Download Mode (sorry, since I don't have Mega so I don't know what key combo to access Download Mode.
    Once you accessed Download Mode, open Kies and connect the phone, and Initialize the firmware and wait, but you can "steal" the ROM which can be used with Odin.
    Make sure you unhide the files and go to C:\Users\(username)\Local\temp
    Sort the files by date modified and start the flashing. You may notice there is a huge file. Copy the file to anywhere and rename the huge file extension to tar.md5.
    having the same problem, i soft bricked changing dpi, recovery failed and cant get kies to connect
    You have to look at device manager with the device connected in downlad mode and see whether it has error. If you see any, try to manually install the driver by installing Samsung ADB device.

Edit: Make sure this driver is installed in order to make download through Kies work (of course you have to fully install Kies 2.x first).
    I rooted today using Kingo and it reported success and installed the SuperUser app. I am running stock 4.2.2 FYI.

For some reason now I am unable to update NOR am I able to add a Google user account. Whenever I try to add a Google account OR open any app that requires Google Account credentials, they close immediately. I can't even open the Google Play store.

I tried loading the Google Apps package manually (via stock recovery) with no luck from HERE:

Also, I can't update/recover the firmware over WiFi NOR using Kies via USB.

What gives?

Maybe knox not playing nice