[APP]Galaxy S4 Glove Mode (Enable glove mode on all aosp roms)

Search This thread

broodplank1337

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Galaxy S4 Glove Mode

Featured on XDA Portal! Thank you Samantha! @SammiSaysHello
http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...r-samsung-galaxy-s-4-running-aosp-based-roms/

Info:
Want to use Glove Mode on your S4 but is it not supported by the ROM? With this app you can enable/disable it easily no matter what ROM you're using, the only requirement is the support by the kernel for this function. (by default this is in the kernel, on stock kernels but also on aosp/cm11 kernels)

Credits:
Big thanks to Xiao-Long Chen for making this possible! (Used this commit: https://github.com/chenxiaolong/CM_hardware_samsung/commit/020e5fbfe981297d8780292fa29f3382d7e6a237)

Market Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.broodplank.s4glovemode

Screenshots:/
LaIaJliagrq8bQct1Cvph8qu2ak9OtasdszB1QvuxKN89xSWbK2hLPOjXpf29N03dw=h900
ujmUaKT9fT7b1xboXtfxBdCk17go9k3IQKp2MbMdIEMzB8NTQi8172VELDqDy1LZTL4=h900
l4atay_3uPO7yUfcLTkDvElncucFK-t05KQFhDzsqSTBswARB2YG_jxCylBLP_wxou-v=h900

Last edited:

apurvapatel

Mar 15, 2009
Gujarat
Not taking anything away from you, but doesnt every S4 have the "Increase touch sensitivity" ticker option right at the bottom of the display options screen?

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
My app just got featured on the portal I noticed :) Thank you Samantha! @SammiSaysHello

link:
http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...r-samsung-galaxy-s-4-running-aosp-based-roms/

BTW, If anyone wants to make a nice glove icon (512 x 512) I will make it the app icon. (of course your name will be credited in the app), I did some searching for glove icons myself on google but couldn't really find a nice one, I'm searching for something like a vector glove with that's touching a touchscreen.

Last edited:

xueyao

Nov 8, 2013
Singapore
Great app! A great feature is to port this or add support for other device such as note 3

SM N9005 Rocking Temasek CM11 With Temasek Kernel

SuperKrog

Feb 25, 2011
Roma
is there any drawback like battery usage or something else in leaving glove mode always on?
maybe you should add some way to fast toggle it... a little widget and/or that would be nice!) a tasker way :)

Reactions: broodplank1337

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
is there any drawback like battery usage or something else in leaving glove mode always on?
maybe you should add some way to fast toggle it... a little widget and/or that would be nice!) a tasker way :)

No, it just increases sensitivity by an awful lot, luckily that doesn't have any impact on the battery.
and Indeed a widget is would be very nice :) Thanks for the hint.

Tested on a Note 3 with CM11 (N9005) and it works fine :)

Great :)

erral

Oct 9, 2010
Vilnius
Just installed this on the latest stable CM buld (11-20141031) on my GT-I9505 (with cracked screen) and it works like a charm.

Thank you so much for this. Taking off my gloves this winter was a pain in the...

xueyao

Nov 8, 2013
Singapore
After clicking fix permission, it worked. Guess I gave up without trying. Great app! Though I live in the tropics ;)

SM N9005 Rocking Temasek CM11 With Temasek Kernel

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
i invented the most awesome thing ever

Okay, I put those words into your quote for you.
PLEASE, please can you add Tasker functionality so we can set Tasker to enable Glove Mode when a trigger occurs, such as NFC or Car Dock mode?

This is the best app ever made for CM11.

Btw, it works great for me on TMO Note 3 on CM11.
It does not work on this phone when using SlimROM, but I let that dev know and asked him to make the necessary changes to his kernel.

Thanks!! :good:
Now I can ride my Motorcycle and keep functionality of my Note 3 that I keep docked under my windscreen. The Note 3 gives me speedo, GPS, Radar Detection, and controls my calls/media using Utter with Bluetooth to my helmet speakers/mic.

dorian2kx

Sep 24, 2012
How does this works really, do i have to be in the sun? I did everything but I don't see and difference in trying to unlock my phone without touching the screen or am I missing something, I'm on slimkat rom and kt kernel

xueyao

Nov 8, 2013
Singapore
How does this works really, do i have to be in the sun? I did everything but I don't see and difference in trying to unlock my phone without touching the screen or am I missing something, I'm on slimkat rom and kt kernel
This enables u to use the device with a glove, aka making the screen more sensitive. Supported devices are s4 note 3, and maybe a few other devices.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts