Can I CWM a non-development phone bought in the shop?

Search This thread

axonn

Mar 4, 2008
Stockholm
Do I need one of those "vanilla" developer phones if I'm to install a custom ROM on my Note 3? As far as I know, nope. You can root any Android phone.

I'm fairly sure that I can ClockWorkMod + install custom ROM on a phone I purchase in a shop. But I just want to make sure :).

Thank you in advance :).

G

GuestK0079

You are joking, right ?
If not, yes.

Sent from my N9005

dragoncius

Jun 3, 2011
México City
Do I need one of those "vanilla" developer phones if I'm to install a custom ROM on my Note 3? As far as I know, nope. You can root any Android phone.

I'm fairly sure that I can ClockWorkMod + install custom ROM on a phone I purchase in a shop. But I just want to make sure :).

You need to READ a lot!!! Really, you will surely make something wrong...READ!

Reactions: Kuratko

axonn

Mar 4, 2008
Stockholm

Although my question seemed that of a noob, I can assure you I am not. My first rooted phone was HTC Tytn2 which I rooted using Duty's ROM's which I found here back in 2008. So no worries :). Now I have a rooted SG2. I know all the procedures, safety steps and so on.

The reason I asked such a dumb question was that I had a 1% uncertainty regarding this, which I was unwilling to risk on.

As far as I know, the so-called dev-phones are simply loaded with a vanilla version of Android, no Samsung bloatware.

Anyway, thank you guys for calming my fears :D.

dragoncius

Jun 3, 2011
México City
Although my question seemed that of a noob, I can assure you I am not. My first rooted phone was HTC Tytn2 which I rooted using Duty's ROM's which I found here back in 2008. So no worries :). Now I have a rooted SG2. I know all the procedures, safety steps and so on.

The reason I asked such a dumb question was that I had a 1% uncertainty regarding this, which I was unwilling to risk on.

As far as I know, the so-called dev-phones are simply loaded with a vanilla version of Android, no Samsung bloatware.

Anyway, thank you guys for calming my fears :D.

There´s only one Google Edition phone in Samsung, the S4. Still, you can get a "normal" S4 and still flash it like crazy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.