[ROM-EVO][AOSP][GB 2.3.4] Savaged-Zen(MOD) [RC4] Updated 5/17

Search This thread

BlueHarford

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD
Yes but actually having fo;ks register at a web site to download a rom is actually against XDA Developement policy.

No its not, this is a pre-release and it doesnt cost to register, you have to donate to get pre-releases, if you dont want them you can wait till the morning for here. We put them in the donators forums first as a thank you to them.

We dont charge for them... like i said in my past post... it will be released here tomorrow.

BlueHarford

Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD
They aren't registering to just download the ROM. I thought they were registering to assist in the development of the ROM? I could be wrong though...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

REGISTERING IS FREE.. ITS JUST LIKE A FORUM. we use the subscription feature of vbulliten as a way to take donations through the forums interface. And as a thank you we put our pre-releases there. the pre-release sub forum is avsalible to those who donate. Tomorrow as i said before... the link will be posted on XDA.

We DO NOT and NEVER will charge for our ROM's

the Alpha1 is in the OP. Alpha 2 will be there tomorrow after we fix a bug.

Evelvolv Releases pre-releases in irc groups and twitter, Salvage in IRC sometimes. We save our beta/pre releases to those who support us and help keep our development going.

S

sirmx

No its not, this is a pre-release and it doesnt cost to register, you have to donate to get pre-releases, if you dont want them you can wait till the morning for here. We put them in the donators forums first as a thank you to them.

We dont charge for them... like i said in my past post... it will be released here tomorrow.

I don't know much about this project, but I would assume you could sync with the github and build from source yourself whenever you wanted?

BlueHarford

Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD

In addition. registration is free... you can access everything but the donators section.

if you guys really want i can just not post the ROM on XDA, and you can get the downloads from our forum. We take the extra time to post on multiple forums for everyone, if its a problem i can think of better things to do... sorry for being a jerk but this crap posts pisses me off. I dont work my ass off with the rest of the team buildign ROM's and Kernels for you all to deal with stupid comments.

BlueHarford

Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD
I don't know much about this project, but I would assume you could sync with the github and build from source yourself whenever you wanted?

Yup there are instructions in the OP to link and build yourself.

busybox and SU are not in the repo yet... so you'll need to use kitchen until we build them into the repo.

BlueHarford

Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD
Thought so. I guess I just don't see why people are complaining. Keep up the hard work. :cool:

If we've learned anything from developing... people want stuff free, fast but they dont want to donate to help with the cost of servers and bandwidth, and they dont want to contribute code. This excludes the people who arnt like that and actually apreciate the contribution all the devs here make. Allot of ROM developers i am friends with and talk daily off this site, they all use all there spare time to do these projects and sometimes have to take breaks cause there familys get pissed that they are on a computer all the time.

Thanks for the Thanks, please send me your feedback tomorrow when we post.

Reactions: jeb.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
If we've learned anything from developing... people want stuff free, fast but they dont want to donate to help with the cost of servers and bandwidth, and they dont want to contribute code. This excludes the people who arnt like that and actually apreciate the contribution all the devs here make. Allot of ROM developers i am friends with and talk daily off this site, they all use all there spare time to do these projects and sometimes have to take breaks cause there familys get pissed that they are on a computer all the time.

Thanks for the Thanks, please send me your feedback tomorrow when we post.

*shrug* People are impatient asses a lot of the time. Hell I donated tonight. Not to download the pre-release, but because I use the hell out of your kernels. I'm on CM7 n18 right now with SZ 0.1.2 and it's Godlike, so far. Don't let the comments of a couple of impatient people piss you off. You folks do good work. :)

BlueHarford

Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD
*shrug* People are impatient asses a lot of the time. Hell I donated tonight. Not to download the pre-release, but because I use the hell out of your kernels. I'm on CM7 n18 right now with SZ 0.1.2 and it's Godlike, so far. Don't let the comments of a couple of impatient people piss you off. You folks do good work. :)

Thanks man, check out the ROM Alpha2. i'd apreciate yoru feedback. Were going to be working on Reboot options, notification widgets, LCD density in SZParts with CPU Settings, and of course adding in Wimax next.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Thanks man, check out the ROM Alpha2. i'd apreciate yoru feedback. Were going to be working on Reboot options, notification widgets, LCD density in SZParts with CPU Settings, and of course adding in Wimax next.

I'll take a look at it when I get some time. For me to test thoroughly I'd have to restore all my apps and such...and I'm time limited. ;)

I did download it a few minutes ago and booted it up. Was fast, and looks promising...but I didn't do any in depth testing with it yet because I need my phone for other stuff. ;)

luisrcastillo

Dec 20, 2007
CT
I'll take a look at it when I get some time. For me to test thoroughly I'd have to restore all my apps and such...and I'm time limited. ;)

I did download it a few minutes ago and booted it up. Was fast, and looks promising...but I didn't do any in depth testing with it yet because I need my phone for other stuff. ;)

It boots really fast and using the rom is fast. It's stable, solid and pure AOSP. We will be adding features can link but want to ensure that we have a very good base before adding stuff. We are also open for suggestions, ideas and contributions

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

noahguz

Mar 6, 2011
Roanoke, VA
I love you guys at SZ, love the kernels and can't wait for this ROM. Haven't donated but will soon!!!

"Anonymous Coward"<Noahguz89>
Ha

mwielgosz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2010
xbones.org
How long will the device stay on for when off the charger? Does wimax work? Tether?

WiMAX will most likely be in alpha3. Tethering will be included, but is not as of yet. Remember, we're in alpha.

Only thing I would love to see is the miui dialer

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

MIUI is closed source. We cannot implement something that we cannot access the source code to...and on a personal note, if I could use the MIUI dialer, I wouldn't because I do not like MIUI. That's just me though...

You need reboot options and a button to clear the notifications.

I'm actually testing the reboot options right this minute. I just got to adding them for the alpha2 release. The clear notifications will come at a later date, as I personally love this feature and will personally see that it gets implemented.

BlueHarford

Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD
WiMAX will most likely be in alpha3. Tethering will be included, but is not as of yet. Remember, we're in alpha.

MIUI is closed source. We cannot implement something that we cannot access the source code to...and on a personal note, if I could use the MIUI dialer, I wouldn't because I do not like MIUI. That's just me though...

I'm actually testing the reboot options right this minute. I just got to adding them for the alpha2 release. The clear notifications will come at a later date, as I personally love this feature and will personally see that it gets implemented.

Wifi tethering works with Aosp. I used it in alpha 1. The clear button with notifications work stock Aosp. Depends on the notification if it can be cleared. Personally I like the sense dialer better than Aosp. But were not trying to kang full apps we did for SZParts of course but that's it.

I'm re-compiling alpha2 with reboot options now then it will be posted for download.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
I'm kinda confused..So is this Alpha2 different then the Alpha2 I just downloaded last night?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Savaged-Zen ROM

RC4
    http://savaged-zen.com

Thank you:
    • Anyone who has ever submitted code to AOSP development. Without you, projects like these would not be possible. (CyanogenMod, Evervolv, SalvageMod, etc)
    • Our dedicated testers: noahguz, cheflarry, minieod, jta462
    • For helping us set up the repo and countless other reasons: preludedrew
    If I forgot anyone for ANY reason, please kindly PM me and I will correct as needed! No need for flame wars.

Savaged-Zen ROM is an AOSP project based on Google's AOSP Gingerbread (Android 2.3.4). We have incorporated some popular tweaks from other AOSP ROMs, as well as added a bunch of our own.

The main focus on this, it to make a lightweight. FAST ROM that is specifically designed to work perfectly with our Kernel. Right now, we are tweaking the ROM and adding our own custom features that you won't find anywhere else.

Source Code & Additions:
    Github Source

Please submit valid issues to:
    http://issues.savaged-zen.org
    Make sure to check for existing issues (and see known issues below) before submitting a new one!

Renditions thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1048246
    -----
    Download Mirror
    Google apps
    If updating from RC1, RC2, RC3 or another version (renditions included), we recommend a FULL wipe for RC4 to ensure stability
    ---
    Themes:
    Androidian [6 bar/100% battery] modified theme
    Mixer for RC2 by MrDSL (Theme Chooser APK is also available)
    Any T-Mobile Theme Chooser theme works on Savaged-Zen ROM
    -----
    Features:
    Also see the CHANGELOG
    • Stock Gingerbread Launcher
    • HDMwIn support thanks to TeamWin
    • Savaged-Zen CFS 2.2.0 2.6.38.6 SBC/noSBC kernel (switch on-the-fly!)
    • Kick ass custom wallpapers
    • Notification Power Widget from CM
    • CPU Governor/Clock Options from CM
    • Working camcorder (thank you cyanogen for helping us with this)
    • HAVS user interface
    • SBC on/off switch
    • Custom status bar icons
    • Transparent notification bar
    • T-Mobile Theme Chooser
    • Automatic switching between 4bar and 6bar themes (for signal icons)
    • Better Bluetooth support
    • Quiet Hours from CM
    • 4G support from Google
    • GAPPS includes new Google Talk with video chat, Google Music player, and MusicFX (enhancement for Google Music)
    Many, many more features to come soon!

Known Issues:
    • 4G will not reconnect once turned off until reboot

Also see the ROM CREDITS and the GENERAL CREDITS

Donate to Savaged-Zen: HERE
    Here is Mixer for RC2 until the theme engine goes in..

http://db.tt/uXfhoOi
    Announcement!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have an EXCELLENT announcement to make!

VIDEO RECORDING IS NOW FUNCTIONAL!!!

It only took a few weeks and a bunch of commits, but it now works!
    Thank cyanogen himself for helping me trace the problem back

RC2 is now right around the corner, and you shouldn't be disappointed. It is lightyears ahead of RC1 in terms of speed and functionality.
    Updates

The next RC coming out is going to have a massive UI change, with that said it may take a bit of time....with that said, we may do twice a week nightlies until that time.
    Tested this with adb shell:
    Code:
    # getprop |grep lcd
    [ro.sf.lcd_density]: [240]
    [persist.sys.lcd_density]: [190]
    Then changed the value in settings and did a hotboot from the shell.
    Code:
    # getprop |grep lcd
    [persist.sys.lcd_density]: [240]
    # stop; sleep 5; start
    # getprop |grep lcd
    [persist.sys.lcd_density]: [240]
    Keyboard and settings are fine. Remember if "persist.sys.lcd_density" is running the config will look at that first since its higher priority. Therefore setting ro.sf.lcd_density won't do much of anything, unless of course the code is wrong. Which I would be more then happy to help work out with you guys. Let me know.

Note: When I wrote this is was for a default of 240 density, keep that in mind.

Hint:
    Code:
    private static final String LCDD_DEFAULT = "240";
    Might want to look at this line.