75 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By awjones, Member on 12th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th October 2011, 02:07 PM |#31  
Flag Lampang
Thanks Meter: 5

More
If I restore both the app and data, it works. If I try to restore just data, it is not restored.

14th October 2011, 02:15 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great concept! Other app backup/restores never seem to be reliable for me, this should be a worthwhile approach!

ROM Before : InsertCoin 1.6.1
Rom After : BulletProof MIUI 1.10.7

Attempted Apps:-
*EBay : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) not Restored
*MyTeeMob : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) not Restored
*Spark 360 : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) Restored OK, Permission Fix Required
*Tagged : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) not Restored
*tinyCam Monitor Pro : App Restored OK, Data (Cameras/Credentials) not Restored.

Market links populated as expected. If possible, I think it's important that phone can keep itself awake during the restore procedure.. I am willing to accept that data won't restore for some apps, when they've got a login requirement it's not normally a big deal.

Would it be possible to include apps that I installed from "Unknown Sources"? I noticed that these don't seem to be appearing in the list of apps to choose from.

Thank you for sharing, great to see it in the Market!
14th October 2011, 02:16 PM |#33  
Flag Apeldoorn
Thanks Meter: 478

More
It works on my SGS 2 if I switch on USB debugging option in Application / Development. Very nice. Will now buy it . Thank you.
14th October 2011, 02:38 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Originally Posted by lannatwin

If I restore both the app and data, it works. If I try to restore just data, it is not restored.

+1 I tried to restore a backup, because I reinstalled my ROM and I have this bug too. If I try to restore only DATA without APK files, It seems to restoring, and write, that the restore was successfull, but the data are missing.

If I treid to restore DATA+APK the was everything OK
14th October 2011, 02:40 PM |#35  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hccssn

+1 I tried to restore a backup, because I reinstalled my ROM and I have this bug too. If I try to restore only DATA without APK files, It seems to restoring, and write, that the restore was successfull, but the data are missing.

If I treid to restore DATA+APK the was everything OK

Thanks for the feedback! I will look into this when I get off from work... Damn day job!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
14th October 2011, 05:31 PM |#36  
Flag Greece
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thats a must have app man nice job keep on.
14th October 2011, 08:47 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Observations
I am getting the following:

If I try to restore SMS/MMS it appears to work but doesn't - 'No messages'
If I try to restore Apps / Data with an old backup (Aug 11) scans , shows apps while scanning, then shows list of apps to choose from. If I choose a recent backup process starts but dialog doesn't show any apps and then goes back to main screen (no list)

Hope this helps

HTC Sensation CdTDroiD S3N5EaY v1.7.0 XE Android 2.3.5
CWM 5.0.2.0
14th October 2011, 08:54 PM |#38  
OP Member

More
I just published v1.2 to the Market. It contains some bug fixes and allows you to restore your Wifi settings... I plan on tidying things up more so please keep providing me with any issues that you may have with your device.
14th October 2011, 10:31 PM |#39  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAce

I am getting the following:

If I try to restore SMS/MMS it appears to work but doesn't - 'No messages'
If I try to restore Apps / Data with an old backup (Aug 11) scans , shows apps while scanning, then shows list of apps to choose from. If I choose a recent backup process starts but dialog doesn't show any apps and then goes back to main screen (no list)

Hope this helps

HTC Sensation CdTDroiD S3N5EaY v1.7.0 XE Android 2.3.5
CWM 5.0.2.0

Did you reboot your phone to see if your messages appear? Also, are there any messages in the backup you are restoring from?

I pushed v1. 2 to the Market... Can you tell me if this fixes anything for you?

14th October 2011, 10:32 PM |#40  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by all-in

Thats a must have app man nice job keep on.

Thanks! I'm going to keep working on it... More features / fixes to come.

15th October 2011, 12:47 AM |#41  
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Restoring sms/mms doesn't work for me either, rebooted after restoring, didn't show up, only thing it did do was clear my inbox from any messages that where in it. I'm running MIUI 1.8.14
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)