FORUMS

[XAP] MyRingtone2SMS (0.1.1 - May 28, 2012)

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By djfoxer, Junior Member on 4th May 2012, 12:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2012, 03:37 PM |#41  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Lumia 800, "app dosen't have root acess, closing....'

What should i do?
27th September 2012, 12:31 PM |#42  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,950

More
Read the portion of the first post under "requirements"? Silly question. If you are one of the lucky few with a full-unlock custom ROM on your Lumia 800, use the Root Manager or whatever its called to give the app root access. Otherwise, wait and hope for (or possibly try learning a bit about interop-unlock hacks and the WP7 permissions model and so forth, and start helping) somebody finding a way to root the Lumia 800 stock ROM (or possibly find another bootloader hack that allows flashing a custom ROM to it).
25th April 2013, 08:42 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I am curious what about these apps needs root access because no one has unlocked a wp8 device and I miss this app.
25th April 2013, 09:28 AM |#44  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny4

I am curious what about these apps needs root access because no one has unlocked a wp8 device and I miss this app.

Writing to the registry and writing to the /windows/ folder.

Basically what this app does is add an OEM Ringtone entry to the registry and pastes that file to the windows directory so the OS can find it.
25th April 2013, 02:53 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Great app, thanks. Works fine on HTC HD7 / WP 7.8.
9th May 2013, 07:29 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ringtone-mp3s dont show up
Hello guys,
using the application on my HTC 7 Pro with Dynamics 7Pro 2.00 ROM with full unlock, I copied my ringtone MP3s to My Documents\My Ringtones and to \Ringtones via WP7 Root Tools.

The problem is that they don't show up in MyRingtone2SMS-Application. What should I do? What do I do wrong?

By the way, the ringtone files are small MP3-files that used to work as ringtones on my HD2, so nothing should be wrong with the files theirselves...

Thank you for your help!
10th May 2013, 08:41 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootKidMitch

Hello guys,
using the application on my HTC 7 Pro with Dynamics 7Pro 2.00 ROM with full unlock, I copied my ringtone MP3s to My Documents\My Ringtones and to \Ringtones via WP7 Root Tools.

The problem is that they don't show up in MyRingtone2SMS-Application. What should I do? What do I do wrong?

By the way, the ringtone files are small MP3-files that used to work as ringtones on my HD2, so nothing should be wrong with the files theirselves...

Thank you for your help!

They need to be .wma files on Windows Phone 7. Convert them and you should be fine.
10th May 2013, 10:08 PM |#48  

More
Unhappy
Thanks for the fast answer!

I converted it to wma1 and wma2 and copied all the files, including wav-files, to both paths - still not working... I even reinstalled the application - Nothing better...

In fact, the "CustomRingtone-PlaceHolder.mp3" shows up in the application. What to do?
11th May 2013, 03:29 PM |#49  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 160

More
This app requires the ringtone to be already installed. Use Zune to install the ringtone to your device. Double check if you can select it as a phone ringtone. As soon as that works, run myRingtone2sms and you can "copy" the phone ring to messages.
11th May 2013, 06:13 PM |#50  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localhorst86

This app requires the ringtone to be already installed. Use Zune to install the ringtone to your device. Double check if you can select it as a phone ringtone. As soon as that works, run myRingtone2sms and you can "copy" the phone ring to messages.

Thank you very very much, now it works
12th May 2013, 03:45 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
tx u,it work on my hh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)