[Wallpapers] Free Wallpapers for WP7 - Regular and Transparent Galleries

Search This thread

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
I cooked up some wallpapers for WP7 and WP8+ lock screen and wanted to share them.

There are two sections now to choose from. Regular and Transparent. Each have their own instructions so I have included it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Regular Wallpapers: http://www.animevortex.net/blog/thesaint/windows-phone-7-wallpaper-gallery

Instructions: Simply save them to your phone by viewing the page from your phone or from your PC using zune sync or email, as you would do any other normal wallpapers.

Transparent Wallpapers: http://www.animevortex.net/blog/thesaint/general/free-transparent-wallpapers-for-windows-phone-7-wp7 (WP7 only!)

Instructions: To set one as your wallpaper you must save the image to your PC. Send your an email from your PC to your cellphone with the image attached. Once the email/attachment has been loaded, click to open the attachment. Touch and hold the screen until the menu pops up. Set as your wallpaper and your ready to go!

Note: Mango update and newer (including WP8+) do(es) not support transparent wallpapers.

I can't always guarantee that I can come through with every request but I will try when I can :) Most of the wallpapers were actually sponsored by donations so it helped. The rest I have to dabble with on my free time.

Update 04/22/2011 - Ok guys, biggest update yet! Collection had more than doubled with the additional of about 32 new anime-based wallpapers as well as more video game related.

Update 04/27/2011 - Thanks to the feature suggestion made by Big D5 (wpcentral), I have reworked it so that you can share straight to your phone from the gallery (once you click on an image and it pops up, you can press and hold the mid-section of the image and choose "share"). Now you view the gallery from your phone and even email to yourself as an attachment while your at it. Note: obviously you don't want to choose "save image" as doing this will convert it causing it to lose it's transparent properties.

Update 05/07/2011 - I added a regular gallery of non-transparent images, as well as added more images in both galleries.

Update 09/09/2011 - Added the new collection of Conan Wallpapers (non-trans), also available in their own gallery here with collection zip: Conan Wallpaper Collection for WP7

Last edited:

sure haven't

Feb 5, 2009
Waiting for them to send to my phone now! Will report back how they do!

-edit-

Interesting. I usually use a password lock, and with the password, the effect is all but lost.
However upon turning it off, it's there sure as day. Snakeeyes now guards my phone. Awesome stuff OP!!

Last edited:

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
:)

I also updated the post as the special forces (Battlefield) wallpaper wasn't showing. It's there now. I'll try to add more in the future if work allows and will probably add it to this post.

Bradbereal

Mar 30, 2011
These are amazing! thanks alot! Snake is definitely the best one so far, Flash is a close second, the Halo and Assassins Creed seem a little off...maybe just too big I don't know, thats just me being picky. But great job none the less keep it up :D

amtrakcn

Mar 22, 2010
Madison
Thanks for the make.
I have a question, after I applied, the tranparent part is black. Only when I start to slide it shows the tile home. Is this normal?

s7yler

Oct 22, 2009
www.youtube.com
nice

Thnx works fine!

here is one from me (bagground have transparency, theres a white glow around her, only visible on the phones black background)

s7ylersGirl2.png

Reactions: Shahab2500

Bradbereal

Mar 30, 2011
If I could make a suggestion for possible wallpapers....I would say go old-school games like mario, yoshi or pokemon! Those would be awesome! :cool:

jh20001

Oct 21, 2007
www.animevortex.net
Thanks for the make.
I have a question, after I applied, the tranparent part is black. Only when I start to slide it shows the tile home. Is this normal?

Yes it only works when you start to move your finger on the slide because WP7 blacks out the home screen when the lock screen is fully dropped. The second you start to slide up or down the home screen should appear in the BG.

shamreez

May 30, 2008
bristol
Hi,

Could any of you please let me know how to make a picture transparent like this.

Do you requires some specific software for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I cooked up some wallpapers for WP7 and WP8+ lock screen and wanted to share them.

There are two sections now to choose from. Regular and Transparent. Each have their own instructions so I have included it all.

Regular Wallpapers: http://www.animevortex.net/blog/thesaint/windows-phone-7-wallpaper-gallery

Instructions: Simply save them to your phone by viewing the page from your phone or from your PC using zune sync or email, as you would do any other normal wallpapers.

Transparent Wallpapers: http://www.animevortex.net/blog/thesaint/general/free-transparent-wallpapers-for-windows-phone-7-wp7 (WP7 only!)

Instructions: To set one as your wallpaper you must save the image to your PC. Send your an email from your PC to your cellphone with the image attached. Once the email/attachment has been loaded, click to open the attachment. Touch and hold the screen until the menu pops up. Set as your wallpaper and your ready to go!

Note: Mango update and newer (including WP8+) do(es) not support transparent wallpapers.

I can't always guarantee that I can come through with every request but I will try when I can :) Most of the wallpapers were actually sponsored by donations so it helped. The rest I have to dabble with on my free time.

Update 04/22/2011 - Ok guys, biggest update yet! Collection had more than doubled with the additional of about 32 new anime-based wallpapers as well as more video game related.

Update 04/27/2011 - Thanks to the feature suggestion made by Big D5 (wpcentral), I have reworked it so that you can share straight to your phone from the gallery (once you click on an image and it pops up, you can press and hold the mid-section of the image and choose "share"). Now you view the gallery from your phone and even email to yourself as an attachment while your at it. Note: obviously you don't want to choose "save image" as doing this will convert it causing it to lose it's transparent properties.

Update 05/07/2011 - I added a regular gallery of non-transparent images, as well as added more images in both galleries.

Update 09/09/2011 - Added the new collection of Conan Wallpapers (non-trans), also available in their own gallery here with collection zip: Conan Wallpaper Collection for WP7
    nice

Thnx works fine!

here is one from me (bagground have transparency, theres a white glow around her, only visible on the phones black background)

s7ylersGirl2.png
    Hello can you make just a blank transparent background with nothing on it? thanx

Done. You will find it in the gallery. Should show up as the very first option.

Quality :)

If your still doing request's would it be ok to get some good Fable 3 Wallpapers :D i got a nice one from another poster on here but doesn't hurt too have more right ? :p

I was thinking maybe one using this guy:

Royal_Guard-B.Industrial.png

I am limited on time for the moment as our team will be working on graphics for Billboard Awards for the next two weeks. I will add it to the list for as soon as I have time :)