FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay so i recently got a galaxy note 10.1 2014 ed. and i bought this ivso case for it: ww.amazon.com/Samsung-Edition-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Portfolio/dp/B00FJTV0PG
I like the case and the detachable keyboard but what i cannot stand is the effects the magnets have on the tablet. It makes it auto wake, which i guess is kind of nice, but when i fold it back around behind the tablet, it always auto locks my tablet. It also will not let me drag the drop down notification bar from the top when it is folded around the back.
Anyways, i was wondering if anyone knew of any apps or settings to disable the effects of the magnets on the tablet? I've spent hours googling and trying out different apps and whatnot but nothing helps.

Thanks in adv,
betaPartier
14th January 2014, 06:50 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
What I did was get a sharp knife and take the magnet out. Stick a velcro instead.
14th January 2014, 09:45 PM |#3  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 461
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannajump

What I did was get a sharp knife and take the magnet out. Stick a velcro instead.

Would you be able to share a few photo's to show us what you did.


.
29th January 2014, 08:14 PM |#4  
cv313's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Maybe have a look at [MOD][XPOSED] MotoMagnetOff

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621807

Sent from my GT-N7100
4th June 2014, 12:29 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I have same problem ,when I turn cover back,it turn the screen down . Actually ,I turn the cover back just want to hold it to pay a game. But it turn down, smart cover is not smart actually .

Sent from my SM-G900S using XDA Free mobile app
4th June 2014, 03:27 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
I folded some papers and slip it underneath the tablet in the case. It block the magnet so it won't off the screen when u flip the cover to the back.

The pen holder strap that comes with the cover is too small to hold my Wacom stylus feel. So, I got some stretchable strap, loop it and staple it to the paper. Now I can slip my stylus comfortably attachedge to the cover.

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app
4th June 2014, 06:44 PM |#7  
iridaki's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 5,234
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuru

The pen holder strap that comes with the cover is too small to hold my Wacom stylus feel.

Off topic, but how do you like the Wacom feel?
I'm thinking of getting one but I read that it is not as accurate as the default stylus, unless held at a 90 degree angle (!). Is that the case?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 01:29 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
There is a bit of offset. But it doesn't affect me much. Just write or draw like normal.
In apps like lecture notes, tgere is a setting where u can adjust the offset to make it accurate.

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to matsuru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matsuru Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 07:35 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by betaPartier

Okay so i recently got a galaxy note 10.1 2014 ed. and i bought this ivso case for it: ww.amazon.com/Samsung-Edition-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Portfolio/dp/B00FJTV0PG
I like the case and the detachable keyboard but what i cannot stand is the effects the magnets have on the tablet. It makes it auto wake, which i guess is kind of nice, but when i fold it back around behind the tablet, it always auto locks my tablet. It also will not let me drag the drop down notification bar from the top when it is folded around the back.
Anyways, i was wondering if anyone knew of any apps or settings to disable the effects of the magnets on the tablet? I've spent hours googling and trying out different apps and whatnot but nothing helps.

Thanks in adv,
betaPartier

I have the same problem. Did you figure out a way to disable the magnetic sensor?
16th June 2014, 07:44 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degakc

I have the same problem. Did you figure out a way to disable the magnetic sensor?

No. I ended up just getting a different case that doesn't have a keyboard. Since there's no magnetic keyboard, the magnets aren't nearly as strong and only affects the tablet when I open it, not when I fold it around the back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes