FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What do you think about the Fairphone?

I already own a Fairphone (FP).

46 Vote(s)
86.79%
I ordered or consider to buy a FP.

5 Vote(s)
9.43%
No FP for me yet, but the idea is interesting.

2 Vote(s)
3.77%
Fair? Nothing in life is fair.

0 Vote(s)
0%

Fairphone - Technical details, links and Q&A interaction with Fairphone [26 Jul 2014]

1,148 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,679

By benkxda, Senior Member on 13th July 2013, 02:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2015, 01:56 PM |#751  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrmhoffmann

Fairphone should use Qualcomm. It is the only soc vendor that still has at least some sort of open source approach with codeauroraforum.

According to this article, the second Fairphone will indeed come with a Qualcomm SoC.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haffenloher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift haffenloher Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 02:29 PM |#752  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
Thanks Meter: 19,159

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haffenloher

According to this article, the second Fairphone will indeed come with a Qualcomm SoC.

Good News
7th April 2015, 10:48 PM |#753  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Would anyone of you like to inform/ make noise at Fairphone about this critical issue that all smartphones have:
http://www.replicant.us/freedom-priv...ity-issues.php
16th June 2015, 08:32 PM |#754  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,679

More
The new Fairphone 2
The upcoming device from Fairphone: The Fairphone 2

Fairphone 2

Read the article: The architecture of the Fairphone 2: Designing a competitive device that embodies our values

Article at heise: Fairphone 2: Android-Smartphone in Modulbauweise
...including technical data:
OS Android 5.1
Display 5", 1920 x 1080
SoC / RAM Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 / 2 GB
Flash Storage 32 GB + microSD slot
Camera 8 Megapixel
Data Connections LTE/HSPA, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Dual-SIM
Battery 2420 mAh (replaceable)
Price 525 €
...yes, that's the price.

Check out this nice animated website.

Official Fairphone 2 video

...and I already asked about a place for the Fairphone 2 here on XDA. Maybe a forum merge (FP 1+2 in one forum) or maybe a second forum... we'll see
The Following User Says Thank You to benkxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift benkxda Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 01:02 PM |#755  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thank you for the overview of the next Fairphone. There has even been an article on XDA News about it. (It was very critical, and while I think that the Fairphone team is always interested in feedback, the article was too negative IMHO).

I just wanted to add that the current Fairphone OS version 1.8.5 has been released. I was one of the lucky few where the original OS version 1.8 worked withouth any problems, and I got accustomed to the KitKat-style launcher. Version 1.8.5 comes with the old launcher, but the KitKat launcher can be downloaded at
ht tp://storage.googleapis.com/fairphone-updates/FairphoneKitKatLauncher_10.apk
The link has been provided by Rick on the Fairphone forum.

I would of course be interested what the current situation is for an update to KitKat, but if I have understood correctly, there are not any real news (unfortunately).
@_keesj posted an article about the software situation back in December: ht tps://ww w.fairphone.com/2014/12/09/our-approach-to-software-and-ongoing-support-for-the-first-fairphones/
16th September 2015, 06:29 PM |#756  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
FYI
https://www.fairphone.com/2015/09/16...t-fairphone-1/

Wonder if they could provide the sources so that the community can also start porting other roms. But probably the license prohibits that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hyst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hyst Ad-Free
17th September 2015, 08:21 PM |#757  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Perhaps, but this is already fantastic news! I'd be so happy if I could run Ubuntu or Firefox OS @keesj, thank you very much for all your hard work up til now
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinnl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vinnl Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 12:45 PM |#758  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnl

Perhaps, but this is already fantastic news! I'd be so happy if I could run Ubuntu or Firefox OS @keesj, thank you very much for all your hard work up til now

If you guys want to interact and talk about the future of FP1 (but also talk about Fairphone 2!! ) please join me at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/opening...ts-18756253459

Have you also read this article?
https://www.fairphone.com/2015/09/23...e-fairphone-2/

Greetings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _keesj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _keesj Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)