I tought, besides some APK/SDK magic it should not be to difficult to get it working. And I was right. It took me about 3 hours of work (with almost no deep Android knowlegde) and now I've got a working German Xoom with 3.1, 1.4.2 Tiamat Kernel and 3G.
It was mainly a little bit flashing and modifing of the build.prop, not even one line of written or changed code! So I wouldn't even call it too much of a "frankenrom".
What is working:
- All Honeycomb 3.1 Features
- USB Host and SD-Card should work (not tested, but at least sdcard is mounted)
- 3G ( tested with Vodafone.de )
What is not working/Missing:
- For my taste the 3G signal strength is to bad
- It does only seem to work with 3G/UMTS not HSDPA for the moment
- Only SIM-Cards without a PIN are working.
To prove that it's working, some pictures:
(Sorry for the bad quaity, it was a little to dark to make really steady shots)
Why I'am posting this here?
In the first place to prove I was right ;)
But mainly, since I am not mut of an Android developer until now, I would like to find some people who can help me to get the ROM working with European Carriers and PIN-lockes SIM cards.
So please feel free to send me a PM if you think you can help.
I will not send anybody my work just to flash it to their devices. It's far from being in working condition or stable!
PMs which just requesting the ROM will be ignored!