HTC Jade - "LITE" Series - 1.40.721.2 - ENG [ROM]

Search This thread

fenikso

Jul 28, 2006
Brno
Hi sliders7!

I have been using your v1.5 ROM for a week or so. It is very stable and fast. Thanks a lot. Have a beer on me ;).

gorila22

Oct 16, 2005
Brussels
Thank You for testing the ROM, but for your information:
- I did not make any modification to the Wifi or GPRS drivers, so your input is not relevant to the ROM.
- I also did not make any modification the the GSM band script/registry.. all Factory provisioning still intact and still original.
- I did not make any modification to the "RED" Area/Forbidden area... so don't worry.
- With less load on the RAM should be good in power consumptions, not the other way around. if you able to measure it using a small apps to measure power load/ampere then you should know the different statistically, not by feelings.
- If your Contact/PIM data is 49MB in size.. Wow that's quite a lots of contacts, well... i think that will slow down any Windows Mobile ROMs you will find at xda-developers. I believe every stripped down roms always perform lighter than Original Factory ROM.

cheers :)

dear all,
i am also using version 1.5 and found out that rom was stable and worked well. However i can also confirm that:
- battery lasts significantly less (prob around 1/3)
- when pressing the red button the system does not go back to home
- launcher stopped working - can not add new progs
- alarm and reminder sound is the same causing some issues.

otherwise good job - the rom is much fatser than original. my previous rom was french:
Version rom: 1.40.406.2 (21259)
date: 10/24/08
varsion radio: 0.27.30.09
version de prot: 12.27.30.09H

xS

fenikso

Jul 28, 2006
Brno
- battery lasts significantly less (prob around 1/3)

Did not notice any battery issues. Are you sure that it is not caused by third party application? Maybe in combination with this ROM? S2U2? G-Profile?

- when pressing the red button the system does not go back to home

Works on my.

- alarm and reminder sound is the same causing some issues.

You can change it in settings, right?

Did you perform Hard reset after installing the ROM?

gorila22

Oct 16, 2005
Brussels
thanks for this. yes i did hard reset. BTW - is there a way to check which 3rd party app is eating up my power? RE sound - the sound choice is for "reminders" which is also an alarm -dont want to be woken up by alarm noise when i have to go to 3pm meeting at my work ;-)

xS

Did not notice any battery issues. Are you sure that it is not caused by third party application? Maybe in combination with this ROM? S2U2? G-Profile?

Works on my.

You can change it in settings, right?

Did you perform Hard reset after installing the ROM?

fenikso

Jul 28, 2006
Brno
You can post what you have. There are some "usual suspects" :D. Usually the ones which have today plugins. It is not that easy to find out, you have to switch them off and wait. Try this. Switch to the "Aeroplane mode" for the night, leave all the today plugins on. How much battery power you loose?

Sounds: Oh, I did not know this. I use SPB Time for morning alarm ;).

thomas01_58

Jun 10, 2005
Chennai
Jerking of Screen

Hi "Sliders,"
I have Flashed your "Lite" Rom and basically every thing is OK as of now.Thank you very much.
I also "UC" some of my favourite cabs after a hard boot,exactly the way you asked us to do it.But while these cabs were installing I found a whole lot of "Jerking" going on the screen,till the Customization was going on .Eventually the "Jerking" stopped and the sytem re booted its self.I also noticed this"Jerking", when I flashed your ROM the first time ,but at time it was for a shorter period because I was'nt installing any Cabs at that time.
Any ideas why this is happening.
Regards,
Thomas

izzyzc

Jan 2, 2009
Hello!

Is there an alternate download location for teh lite ROM? I can't download from rapidshare.. :( If possible, can you please upload it somewhere else, like 4shared, perhaps?

TIA!

xda-kungfu

Apr 29, 2009
dual radio

Excellent ROM! (1.5) Thanks
Is it possible to cook a dual radio version for use with a dual sim card?

NCS

Oct 14, 2007
Berkshire
Screenshots ? Wondering ..

Sorry to butt in here.

Just wondered how the battery life is.

Could someone list what is included. We see what is removed, but not what is in? Navigation software?

Cheers.

Last edited:

rockinwind

Jan 6, 2008
wm6.5 Lite Rom Please.

Mr. Sliders7 : I've tried almost all the cooked roms in this Forum, But yet I returned to yours, 'cause your's is the best. So, can u try to cook another WM6.5 Lite Rom.
Thanks.

orange3g

Jul 12, 2009
It would help if someone posted a FAQ - I am thinking of using a lite rom, but I prefer Manilla 2D over the windows itself. Help .................

orange3g

Jul 12, 2009
Am using this rom, but notice that outlook does NOT allow me to select more than 1 message for e.g. deletion, moving etc. any ideas? thanks.

orange3g

Jul 12, 2009
Battery life seems poor.
Temperemental on start up sometimes, i.e. gets stuck on "smart mobility" screen.
Lots of left over space, but not noticed any real speed improvements.

eufine

Jan 15, 2009
Fast

Hi, this lite version 1.5 is really fast. Everything seems working as expected so far. Just don't like the color theme. Prefer the HTC original top and bottom curtain in plain black, instead of the 3D bar look. Anyone has any idea how can I remove that?

draconian

Jan 4, 2009
Cairo
i've tried this rom for quite a while , stable yes but has some weird issues like the duplication of the advanced network found under sittings connections in the system tab after installin mobivid and soft reset, also the bluetooth isnt workin had to instal Persianblue to be able to beam files also i think removin adobe acrobat reader isnt a good idea as i cant find the same version found in the stock rom, all in all i really appreciate it bro ( i am still using it btw )