FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 87,946

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 8th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
1st May 2013, 08:50 PM |#101  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Upgrading already CF Auto-Root'ed Android 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 on Galaxy Tab 2?
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0" 3G model) which came with Android 4.0.4 and which I happily and easily CF-Auto-Root'ed right after I got it in January this year.
Yesterday, the Tab downloaded an OTA upgrade to Android 4.1.2, but when I try to apply that upgrade it fails instantly.
I'm guessing that it is the CF-Auto-Root which is causing the upgrade to fail.

What is the process for upgrading a CF-Auto-Root'ed Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" from 4.0.x to 4.1.x?

thanks!
-Jay

5th May 2013, 12:36 PM |#102  
help rooting ...
No developers is coming to give a tutorial for rooting HCL ME U 2 ...pkease give us a tutorial to root that device... Can we root or not? You devs have given many rooting procedure for many devices and its a shame that we cannot root a small budget device...that is Hcl....
5th May 2013, 09:32 PM |#103  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Tab2 upgraded, major encryption gotcha, Titanium Backup to the rescue, and all's well
To my surprise, connecting the Galaxy Tab 2 via cable to a PC and using Samsung's much improved Kies did permit the upgrade.
And then locked me out of the tablet entirely, demanding a decryption password at bootup ... although the tablet wasn't encrypted. Oops. A left-over, to be sure, from the botched encryption job I did when I first rooted the tablet. Heh heh. Titanium Backup Pro to the rescue!
Now all upgraded, programs and data restored, encryption working quite correctly at last, and Swype not being quite so much of a performance hog as before!
-Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by libove

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0" 3G model) which came with Android 4.0.4 and which I happily and easily CF-Auto-Root'ed right after I got it in January this year.
Yesterday, the Tab downloaded an OTA upgrade to Android 4.1.2, but when I try to apply that upgrade it fails instantly.
I'm guessing that it is the CF-Auto-Root which is causing the upgrade to fail.

What is the process for upgrading a CF-Auto-Root'ed Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" from 4.0.x to 4.1.x?

thanks!
-Jay

8th May 2013, 12:08 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
hi.. want to request autoroot for I9308 is I9300 compatible?
21st May 2013, 06:24 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Did someone request for CF-AutoRoot on SHV-E300s (Korean S4 Variant) already? If not... well, requesting then. Nothing wrong with asking. ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to darkrance For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkrance Ad-Free
24th May 2013, 03:11 AM |#106  
Flag Okinawa, Japan
Thanks Meter: 138

More
the sc-06d and sc-0ea which are the SGS3 variants on Japan's NTT Docomo are already supported....is it possible to have the newly released SC-04E, the SGS4, supported as well?...the Auto-Root for the i9505 gives a partial root with the SU binary failing to update after being pushed and installed on to the device.....any thoughts?
24th May 2013, 11:54 PM |#107  
Flag New York(Hudson Valley)
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. In essence, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access.

This thread serves as a central discussion and request thread for CF-Auto-Root. If you have questions about a specific CF-Auto-Root binary for a specific device, please go the relevant thread listed on the CF-Auto-Root homepage.

Donate
CF-Root and CF-Auto-Root have been available for many devices (over 50 different models !) and have clocked over 9 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that include CF-Root (non-Auto) kernels. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every user had donated me $1...

What's installed
- SuperSU binary and APK
- Stock recovery (note that any other recovery you may have installed will be overwritten !)

What's the difference between CF-Auto-Root and CF-Root, and/or other root solutions ?
CF-Root (non-Auto) are manually built rooted kernels and/or flashables that usually provide more than "just root". CF-Auto-Root is built on an automated system that I am constantly improving that takes a stock recovery image and returns an automated rooting packages. These packages are designed to install and enable SuperSU on your device, so apps can gain root access, and nothing more.

The difference with many other rooting solutions is that those will often install a custom recovery for you (I am personally moving away from custom kernels and recoveries, for various reasons), while with CF-Auto-Root you will end up with a stock recovery again.

Not included - custom recovery
A custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is not included.

Not included - Triangle Away
Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

Thank you Chainfire...Donation forthcoming

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
29th May 2013, 10:01 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sch-r530u amb1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible.

This tool worked great. It was fast, easy and accurate.

Just for the record (since I couldn't seem to find it elsewhere), CF-Auto-Root worked for a

- GS3
- US Cellular
- Android 4.1.2 (stock)
- build AMB1

Thank you.
6th June 2013, 03:24 PM |#109  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 1,424

More
You're like a wizard dude. This is amazing. Had my new S4 rooted in seconds. I've donated to you before, and now I will again.
11th June 2013, 07:08 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can I request root for samsung mega 6.3? GT-I9205

Thanks!
22nd June 2013, 06:01 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
galaxy s4 zoom root
requesting root for samsung galaxy s4 zoom

Thanks dude you do great work. will be sure to donate.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread