FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Garmin GPS

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By wgsing, Junior Member on 2nd May 2009, 04:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After i install the Garmin GPS, device cannot search the satelite? it is my device or ROM cause this problem? Because it work before i flash the new ROM.

And one problem is my internet explorer can display the websites toolbar but cannot click or select it? Do i need to update any other ROM or Component?

2nd May 2009, 04:34 AM |#2  

More
which ROM?
2nd May 2009, 10:42 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
5.07.707.2 WWE
This ROM is from Official HTC Websites.
2nd May 2009, 12:47 PM |#4  

More
you might want to START READING HERE if you havent yet.
2nd May 2009, 12:56 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
thanks bro
2nd May 2009, 01:29 PM |#6  
Flag Brisbane!!!
Thanks Meter: 24

More
i m using Garmin GPS as well, and it just work fine for me after i flashed the roms, at first after i flashed it, same problem occur, but after when i checked and look into detail, actually it's working, just the signal strength icon in the Garmin GPS isn't increasing and always remains in the red signal, maybe you can check out with it first after updating ur QuickGPS and try it at the outdoor... hope this helps...
3rd May 2009, 01:25 AM |#7  
Flag Pattaya
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just want to share my Garmin in HTC TP. Having trouble to begin with after upgrade my device from TyTN II

Use the radio 1.12.25.19
Open the Garmin and change the Remote GPS to GPS Intermediate Driver. This solved the missing signal bars on the main screen problem.
On the main screen just click the signal bars - then click the "Disable" button
Click the "GPS Intermediate Driver" and then click "Enable" button.

Enable Advance GPS

Hope helps - just my 2 cents
3rd May 2009, 10:12 PM |#8  

More
radio after rom
i dont know if this pertains to you, but your talking about flashing a rom and gps not working afterward, so it might. Every time i flash a new rom my gps stops working. As soon as i reflash the same radio i already had, everything kicks back in and works just fine. I dont know if it actually helps to reflash the radio every time you flash a rom but it seems to help.
4th May 2009, 02:27 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmanto

Just want to share my Garmin in HTC TP. Having trouble to begin with after upgrade my device from TyTN II

Use the radio 1.12.25.19
Open the Garmin and change the Remote GPS to GPS Intermediate Driver. This solved the missing signal bars on the main screen problem.
On the main screen just click the signal bars - then click the "Disable" button
Click the "GPS Intermediate Driver" and then click "Enable" button.

Enable Advance GPS

Hope helps - just my 2 cents

OMG. brahmanto !! u jus fixed my Garmin missing signal bars problems which has been with my for months!! I love you man !! Thanks a lot !!
4th May 2009, 09:42 PM |#10  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 460

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypes420

i dont know if this pertains to you, but your talking about flashing a rom and gps not working afterward, so it might. Every time i flash a new rom my gps stops working. As soon as i reflash the same radio i already had, everything kicks back in and works just fine. I dont know if it actually helps to reflash the radio every time you flash a rom but it seems to help.

After flashing radio you should check whether in Settings/System/External GPS/Access is checked "Manage GPS automatically". If not, check it.
1st July 2009, 03:09 PM |#11  
Flag Jakarta

More
There's a hotfix for this in HTC Website.

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportDow...at=0&dl_id=570
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)