FORUMS

[Q] Formatted NVRAM using SP Flash Tool, what should I do?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By ToldarkenHansam, Junior Member on 8th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Phone: Cherry Mobile Titan (Rebrand of Konka w990/Spice-mi 500/Axioo Picopad GEW)
Processor: MTK6577

Hello guys, this is my first post as I could no longer find any solution on the internet. Hoping some experts could help

I accidentally formatted the NVRAM of my phone using SP Flash Tool. The new update didn't have the option not to format it. Now my IMEI's are lost. Although it is still possible to restore them using some methods. But none of the methods I have found were permanent. A simple wipe/data factory reset from CWM Recovery removes it instantly. Is there a way I could restore the NVRAM, or at least make the restoration methods permanent?

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: I tried flashing all available ROMs (SP Flash Tool Based / Flashable Zips) but still it shows an invalid IMEI. I also tried restoring a backup of my stock ROM to no avail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToldarkenHansam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ToldarkenHansam Ad-Free
18th May 2013, 09:04 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldarkenHansam

Phone: Cherry Mobile Titan (Rebrand of Konka w990/Spice-mi 500/Axioo Picopad GEW)

Hello guys, this is my first post as I could no longer find any solution on the internet. Hoping some experts could help

I accidentally formatted the NVRAM of my phone using SP Flash Tool. The new update didn't have the option not to format it. Now my IMEI's are lost. Although it is still possible to restore them using some methods. But none of the methods I have found were permanent. A simple wipe/data factory reset from CWM Recovery removes it instantly. Is there a way I could restore the NVRAM, or at least make the restoration methods permanent?

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: I tried flashing all available ROMs (SP Flash Tool Based / Flashable Zips) but still it shows an invalid IMEI. I also tried restoring a backup of my stock ROM to no avail.

I'm in same case. I accidently damage my nvram ;
i have a complet backup made with mtkdroid tools (nvram included)
but sp flash tool doent give option to restore this part? how to restore?
26th May 2013, 10:18 PM |#3  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 7

More
the same problem for me. The phone is fully working, but it is very annoying to restore imei and delete wifi network (NVRAM WARNING err...) after each new ROM. And also I cannot sell this phone to anybody in the future.
No solution for this problem?
18th June 2013, 07:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
somebody can write commenttt???

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

hey guys .at this picture error how can i solve this error?
h t t p : / /u1306.hizliresim.com/1b/l/p975s.jpg
21st June 2013, 06:37 AM |#5  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 236

More
first, you`ll need to root your device. refer to here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2332783
follow the tutorial step by step, if you brick your device i will laugh at you. if you got questions, ask them before doing random stuff.
if you got it rooted, you can recover your IMEI with different software. i will link one in this post later.
for questions - use this thread or PM me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrizzly92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chrizzly92 Ad-Free
4th July 2013, 10:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldarkenHansam

Thanks in advance guys!

I think your phone is dead. Is the phone detected when you plug it in to your pc via USB?
4th July 2013, 11:05 AM |#7  
Flag Dresden

More
phone isn't dead. root it first, recovering imei is easy then. cannot explain more, im on smartphone right now.

sent from my Star N9770 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrizzly92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chrizzly92 Ad-Free
4th July 2013, 10:36 PM |#8  
Flag Dresden

More
so, here is a tool to generate the IMEI`s of your smartphone. you will usually find them in the back of your device. push the generated file to /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/ and DON'T FORGET TO SET FULL RWX rights. (with ADB, cd to the mentined folder and set MP0B_001 with chmod to mode 777, in root explorer just check every box for read write and execute. otherwise phone cannot read the IMEI.
Attached Files
File Type: zip imei.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.6 KB, 16896 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chrizzly92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chrizzly92 Ad-Free
5th July 2013, 08:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
What a lame answers. Especially ones suggesting to root phone.
They guy clearly told he is able to restore MP0B_001 in phone, but its SOFT-IMEI and is lost after wipe/factory reset.

@ Original question by ToldarkenHansam, which is kinda outdated, but considering lame answers here:
To restore HARD-IMEI in NVRAM hidden partition use SN Write Tool or Maui META 3G. They are able to write hard IMEI and calibration to NVRAM partition.

@ kokabunga - if you have nvram.bin backup you can easily resore it with SP Flash Tool. Just open your scatter file with any text editor, find a __NODL_NVRAM section and remove __NODL_ part from it. Reopen scatter in SP Flash Tool and you'll be able to check NVRAM partition.
It might not be able to upload it without other parts selected. But you can you Options->Write memory, then manually enter start address, which will be show on download/upgrade page near NVRAM and length (your nvram.bin length) - that will always work. Be careful to write correct address thou.

Sidenote: all suggested methods before only touch SOFT-IMEI, stored in /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001. Its lost with any wipe/reset, because whole /data partition are formatted. Then the whole /data/nvram directory (if it's empty) are restored from hidden NVRAM partition on EMMC. If you've corrupted your NVRAM when it won't restore correct IMEI ofc. With all methods mentioned above (i.e. replacing MP0B_001, echoing to pttycmd1, using mtkdroidtools, mobileuncletools and others) will only edit MP0B_001, i.e. soft copy of IMEI, which will be lost again with next hardware reset. Sure you restore your IMEI that way every time you wipe/reset/upgrade firmware. But its more solid to fix your IMEI partition with SN Write Tool / Maui META 3G so it will be correctly restored automatically from NVRAM at every wipe/etc.

EDIT: @Chrizzly92 this software are very outdate. It generates 24 byte MP0B_001 file, used by old MT6573/6513 platforms. Newer 6575/6577 uses 120 bytes MP0B_001 which are different. If you put 24 byte MP0B_001 generated instead from imei.c software, your phone will be buggy and will be constantly loosing IMEI every few hours until reboot. It's better to use MtkDroidTools or terminal method (echoing to /dev/pttycmd1) to correctly restore 120 byte IMEI file.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to NStorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NStorm Ad-Free
5th July 2013, 08:59 AM |#10  
Flag Dresden

More
n9770, mt6577, no problem at all with the generated files.

sent from my Star N9770 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrizzly92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chrizzly92 Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 12:11 AM |#11  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

More
same thing happened to me.. only sn write tool maybe able to do the job..I have also lost wifi mac address..now getting nv110 error..
but I need database and modem files for xolo a700 can anyone help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)