FORUMS

[Q] Formatted NVRAM using SP Flash Tool, what should I do?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By ToldarkenHansam, Junior Member on 8th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2016, 11:01 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I formatted by mistake the NVRAM section on my Lenovo Yoga Tablet. Now, it has a new MAC address after each boot (invalid one though, starting with 00:00:08...), and also gives the NVRAM-Error message in the WLAN section. Sadly I don't have a backup of my original rom, but I can generate a NVRAM.bin from another tablet of the same model. Can the content of this backup of NVRAM be edited, is there a tool for setting a certain MAC (or IMEI)? Otherwise it will have the same MAC and IMEI and so on than the source, certainly (which isn't ideal)
8th October 2016, 02:22 AM |#72  
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 154

More
I have formatted my LeTV 2 Pro with SP Tools because my official update went to the moon. I lost IMEI and BASEBAND. They show now as UNKNOWN.
I tried to use MAUI META 9.1604.2 but apparently it doesn't recognize MT6797 processor? Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to Pangadaywalker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pangadaywalker Ad-Free
10th January 2017, 06:56 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I'm using Maui Meta 3G to restore all NVRAM values. I already restored IMEIs, now I want to fix MAC address and Bluetooth address but I don't know how/where to find such infos of my phone (Lenovo B/Vibe B/A2016a40). Thank you in advance.
13th January 2017, 04:08 PM |#74  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Heretic

Hi, I'm using Maui Meta 3G to restore all NVRAM values. I already restored IMEIs, now I want to fix MAC address and Bluetooth address but I don't know how/where to find such infos of my phone (Lenovo B/Vibe B/A2016a40). Thank you in advance.

Hi, I'd like to have suggestions to solve my latest post, I tried with Maui without success (data downloaded, but no visible changes in "about phone" option, SN Write Tool seems to refuse the APDB file I have.
In addition, I also want to ask you:

1. What data or infos are stored in NVRAM precisely? Also, what are the most important ones to restore?
2. In your opinion, may Lenovo support refuse to repair the phone in the future?
3. Does the NVRAM formatting create problem to the overall performances of the phone?

I'm new about NVRAM but I'd like to know more about it.
7th May 2017, 02:54 PM |#75  

More
bluboo maya max imei invalid
hi guys im facing same problem with imeis ive formated whole rom via sp tools when i was trying to find a proper rom and root for it because was facing problem with sim cards , sim cards does not worked because of invalid imei(when i checked imeis there was only empy blank or unknown), so now i tried many methods, but is there someone who could help me to solve this problem, i know my original imei codes, but i dont know how to implement them in to the files, finally i found working root for this phone and rom too. is there any generator os something which can generate imei from my original oem based codes, i used rood explorer to locate nvram directory, but i need to change those files from nvd_mei folder with my imei files which i dont have.. and i even dont know how to create it. is there someone who faced same problems? please help me
15th July 2017, 10:42 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
After following the steps and flashing..... now my IMEIs show as 5w7p28wwwp7
21st July 2017, 10:09 PM |#77  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Hi, I'd like to have suggestions to solve my latest post, I tried with Maui without success (data downloaded, but no visible changes in "about phone" option, SN Write Tool seems to refuse the APDB file I have.

1. What data or infos are stored in NVRAM precisely? Also, what are the most important ones to restore?
2. In your opinion, may Lenovo support refuse to repair the phone in the future?
3. Does the NVRAM formatting create problem to the overall performances of the phone?

It didn't affected the performance for me. Just few issues with WiFi and call functions.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1Canada

After following the steps and flashing..... now my IMEIs show as 5w7p28wwwp7

If you want your original, you can edit it.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadas5293

hi guys im facing same problem with imeis ive formated whole rom via sp tools when i was trying to find a proper rom and root for it because was facing problem with sim cards , sim cards does not worked because of invalid imei(when i checked imeis there was only empy blank or unknown), so now i tried many methods, but is there someone who could help me to solve this problem, i know my original imei codes, but i dont know how to implement them in to the files, finally i found working root for this phone and rom too. is there any generator os something which can generate imei from my original oem based codes, i used rood explorer to locate nvram directory, but i need to change those files from nvd_mei folder with my imei files which i dont have.. and i even dont know how to create it. is there someone who faced same problems? please help me

Yes, i did faced this in 2015😂 it's just a single file named, MP0B_001

Download the file,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO...w?usp=drivesdk

run the bat, enter the imei code, save it and copy to internal memory of your phone.

Now, go to ROOT -> DATA ->NVRAM, delete the old one in the same name and paste this file here and give all execution permissions and reboot the phone.

If you have xposed installed, there are many modules available there which can help you in this.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangadaywalker

I have formatted my LeTV 2 Pro with SP Tools because my official update went to the moon. I lost IMEI and BASEBAND. They show now as UNKNOWN.
I tried to use MAUI META 9.1604.2 but apparently it doesn't recognize MT6797 processor? Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

I don't know that Le 2 pro is a mtk device. I'm using Le Max 2 and it's a ARM64. Btw, i hope you got it fixed. It's been nearly a year. 😂
16th August 2017, 11:46 AM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
In my Zoji z7 mt6737m.
After flash android 7 https://www.needrom.com/download/zoji-z7-7-0/ with flash tool format all + download:
Settings/about phone/Status/IMEI information/IMEI Unknown, IMEI SV-78.
In the EngeenerMode / connectivity there is no CDS infofmation.
I have tried several methods to reestablish the IMEI but without success.
Both from android 6 and 7 I have used: chamelephone, mtk droid tool, IMEIySN Write, ....
I have tried to win the MPOB_001 file with imei.zip and paste it, its path is: Root / nvdata / md / NVRAM / NVD_IMEI / MPOB_001.
But still not working

SOLVED
With Maui Meta:
https://www.needrom.com/download/mau...er-7-1444-0-0/
https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-12328.html
3rd September 2017, 09:10 AM |#79  

More
I've done either writing nvram or download to emmc by using sp flashtool. The download or write process done well, but my phone still dead. There was still "Nand flash was not detected" when i read memory back. Please, any idea?

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote:

NVRAM stores vary of data like your phone hardware calibration data (LCD, TS, Camera, Wifi, etc..) and IMEI. So, it's very important just like hardware driver which make your phone function "alive".
20th September 2017, 07:26 PM |#80  

More
hey can anyone help me ? i formatted the whole flash using sp flash tool by mistake and now i can't download the rom i used the original rom to restore it but everytime it get stuck at 31 % then show me download error , plz help
23rd September 2017, 01:47 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Fix IMEI with this
https://www.needrom.com/download/res...s-for-all-mtk/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)