By dexter93, Inactive Recognized Developer on 28th February 2012, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2012, 01:03 PM |#551  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove2

Thanks dexter.but please give us atime .for example unbreacking is comming lin a week or less than two week or less than amonth
I check for unbreacking many times a day.

Stop asking for a time. You ask every day. It will be done when it is done.

They aren't just writing instructions. They are making the software you need and the operating system you need as easy to manage and use for non technical people as possible.

This is done in their spare time. They have lives and jobs that come first.

I know it sucks if you have a bricked phone. Subscribe to the thread and wait til the title changes then you will know it is up

Sent from my Sensation in UrQuan subspace
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kohr-Ah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kohr-Ah Ad-Free
11th April 2012, 11:35 PM |#552  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohr-Ah

Stop asking for a time. You ask every day. It will be done when it is done.

They aren't just writing instructions. They are making the software you need and the operating system you need as easy to manage and use for non technical people as possible.

This is done in their spare time. They have lives and jobs that come first.

I know it sucks if you have a bricked phone. Subscribe to the thread and wait til the title changes then you will know it is up

Its not your business .I talked with dexter not you .
11th April 2012, 11:44 PM |#553  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:

May not be but your forum moderator for the sensation said to stop asking constantly for ETAs 2 days ago (see below) and as I am on the irc channel every single day and see him discuss what is going on I am trying to tell you to be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogr

Guys, you must understand that what developers do, they do for free.
You have to respect them for that and not constanly ask for ETA's

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kohr-Ah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kohr-Ah Ad-Free
12th April 2012, 02:38 AM |#554  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:

LOL Kohr, the battle is over when you're dealing with pure arrogance or stupidity! Appreciate members like you trying though
12th April 2012, 03:14 AM |#555  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just wondering...is it at all possible for HTC or any warranty repair people to detect S-OFF if the phone won't even turn on? Like in our case after the S-ON brick? Or did the phone go S-On before it got bricked?
12th April 2012, 07:10 AM |#556  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The phone did set the flag S-on... Now it won't boot since the securety check failes. This because you don't have a signed hboot. And the fact that it can be unbricked means that everyone can find out that the hboot is not original or changed. That means they can detect it is rooted/changed. So.. either you send it for warrenty and risk the detection which means you pay to fix, or you wait for the release.
12th April 2012, 08:21 AM |#557  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruithofm

The phone did set the flag S-on... Now it won't boot since the securety check failes. This because you don't have a signed hboot. And the fact that it can be unbricked means that everyone can find out that the hboot is not original or changed. That means they can detect it is rooted/changed. So.. either you send it for warrenty and risk the detection which means you pay to fix, or you wait for the release.

I see...I mean all I did was just flash an Europe official RUU. I did S-off first obviously and changed my CID. So does that actually change the hboot or something? Can they detect that it's not the Vodafone ROM but an Europe unbranded with a different CID?
12th April 2012, 08:28 AM |#558  
Flag Worthing, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masands

I see...I mean all I did was just flash an Europe official RUU. I did S-off first obviously and changed my CID. So does that actually change the hboot or something? Can they detect that it's not the Vodafone ROM but an Europe unbranded with a different CID?

depends if they bother to do any checks or if they just JTAG it to reflash or replace the mainboard. If you say it was during an OTA update you might get lucky... up to you if u want to risk it. if they find its user caused damage they might charge you for it...
12th April 2012, 11:41 AM |#559  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I successfully managed to get a warranty repair without charge by claiming OTA update failed when battery ran out during the update.

Stupid of me to not read, read and read again the instructions for S-ON prior to bricking my handset.

As said previously, you may be lucky with HTC and they may not detect a tinkered handset, then again they may do.

You can try. Worst case they will ask for you to pay the repair charge but you do have the option of saying no, don't repair it and send it back to you unrepaired in which case HTC will charge a small handling and diagnostic fee. Around £20 or so from memory.

Edit: btw, well done to everyone working on this project. It was a little too late for me to try but shoudl the unfortunate happen again, I know there is a method of recovering now. Well done again all.
12th April 2012, 03:57 PM |#560  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Is it possible back bootloader to LOCK on hboot 1.27 S_ON after htcdev UNLOCK... need for warranty back?
12th April 2012, 04:02 PM |#561  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryB

Is it possible back bootloader to LOCK on hboot 1.27 S_ON after htcdev UNLOCK... need for warranty back?

The problem with HTC Unlock is one of the ways they can tell if you did it or not is your CID will respond with blank when the getvar command is performed.

I dont know if there is a way to get it relocked and programmed with a CID without the ability to do a oem writecid command.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kohr-Ah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kohr-Ah Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a total joke, brick, dexter93 is awesome ;), download, lame, mode, m_t_m is da bestest, qhsusb_dload, qpst, sensation, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)