Try the steps again. I know I had to do it several times before it was successful for me
I used these steps exactly
1. adb shell
(# - you should see this now! This will not work without this specific prompt!)
3. type 'exit' press enter, and then 'exit' again. You will now be back at the regular command prompt.
4. adb push C:\(location of attached files)\superuser.apk /data/local/tmp
5. adb push C:\(location of attached files)\su /data/local/tmp
6. adb push C:\(location of attached files)\busybox /data/local/tmp
7. Access the adb shell again, and type su
8. chmod 644 /data/local/tmp/superuser.apk
9. chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
10. chmod 6755 /data/local/tmp/su
11. mount -o remount,rw /system
12. dd if=/data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk of=/system/app/Superuser.apk
13. dd if=/data/local/tmp/busybox of=/system/bin/busybox
14. dd if=/data/local/tmp/busybox of=/system/xbin/busybox
15. chmod 755 /system/bin/busybox
16. chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
17. busybox rm /system/bin/su
18. busybox cp /data/local/tmp/su /system/bin
Type su once again to assure you still have access to the # prompt
19. chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
20. type exit, and exit again, returning to the regular windows command prompt.
21. type 'adb reboot' (without quotes)
NOTE - you will not need to install the superuser.apk app in the normal sense. It will be installed upon the reboot as a system app automatically!
22. Once your prime has rebooted, go download root checker basic or the like from the play store. Open it, and wait for your superuser prompt!
23. Get the busybox installer from the play store as well, and use that to get the newest version of busybox.