FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

2,382 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By zenkinz, Senior Member on 5th September 2009, 10:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2010, 02:38 AM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFMax

I just followed this thread and all I can say is THANK YOU.. back to where I was before and I am happy again.. looking back to the previous SMS program from my Touch HD, I have to ask what where HTC thinking..

Can I just ask, I have also installed the MMS program from "Arc Software" (the one suggested higher up the thread) but it does not kick off, do I need to apply additional changes to the registry for this to work.. Thanks

Try and install these 2 files, 1 first and then 2, that made MMS work on my unit, you have to run connection setup when installed to get correct MMS server settings or you can set manually.

Regards

12th February 2010, 06:39 AM |#362  

More
Thanks for the tweaking. Now I am a happy user of Sense 2.5 yet with 2.1 Messaging feature. I realised the sms count (at the bottom of screen) does not show up when a new sms arrived. However, it did show up at top of the screen.

Any tweaks on that ?
12th February 2010, 11:15 AM |#363  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex12345

hi when i use this and i click the messaging tab nothing happens it doesnt go to reply.. btw i use dutty's rom hg

I've got the same problem in the latest mikenificant rom, somebody have a solution ?
13th February 2010, 08:11 AM |#364  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I'm using a Topaz with ROM that is 23529/2.5.2011.3626/2.53 and I restored my SMSes via PIM Backup (700 of them). All went well. After being restored, I need to wait untill every single SMS is (re)threaded properly by HTC Messaging (ugh, blunder app! shame!).... but then when I apply Zenyee's cab v.1.2, some of the SMSes were not threaded properly, shown as a single SMS on All Messages list. Why's that?
14th February 2010, 12:53 PM |#365  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@ zenkinz:

Hi (sorry for my english, hope you understand what I mean),

I'm very grateful for your great job

I have a HD2 and your latest cab does work on original italian htc rom, but I have to indicate to you that I have some problems (reported also by other users in this discussion)...

1) The replacement of HTC messaging is not full: for example, if I tap on "send sms" on a contact card, nothing happens; in the sms tab of manila, if I tap on the displayed sms nothing happens..I have to tap on All (on the bottom left of the screen) to open tmail

2) I've the problem of the persistant "new sms bubble" on sms tab (and even if the sms patch seems to work). It happens just sometimes, randomly, it seems a bug

Ok for the rest.

Now, I would ask you a few things, could you answer me if you can, please?

The target for me (by installing your cab) was to replace HTC messaging with the default winmo app tmail, but I would do that for use VITO SMS-Chat (which I like it very much) as default app for sms, and so I would replace also tmail with SMS-Chat (so if I tap on a "send sms" button, or on "all" button on the sms tab, and so on, vito sms-chat starts instead of tmail)

I modified the registry key \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINBOX\1 by replacing tmail.exe with the path to SMSChat executable but this doesn't work...

What registry changes I have to do for succeding in my target?

Many thanks in advance
14th February 2010, 03:35 PM |#366  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
hey zenyee can you please upgrade the application so that it can work well already? it will be a nice valentine gift for us! thanks!
15th February 2010, 08:34 AM |#367  
Flag Shimla
Thanks Meter: 15

More
help needed
installed Manilla 2.5 on blackstone, installs fine but does not show in programs. does not get launched.. my OS is the ORIGINAL ONE, genuine, nit cracked...
what can be done? i have tried to upgrade th ROM, even thats not happening

---------------------
SUUGGETIONS NEEDED
17th February 2010, 07:58 AM |#368  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2,899

More
installed mms 1 and 2 now i have a block in the left hand corner and i cant access my quicklinks..... can anyone help?
17th February 2010, 08:10 AM |#369  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2,899

More
Unistalled 2 And It Worked.
17th February 2010, 06:36 PM |#370  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Does this work with the new Sense 2.5.2012 build? Has anyone tried?
17th February 2010, 07:02 PM |#371  
Flag Atlanta!
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Arcroft MMS 5.2.0.47 and MMS Fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

installed mms 1 and 2 now i have a block in the left hand corner and i cant access my quicklinks..... can anyone help?

I think a better solution for anybody using a WVGA GSM device would be to install the attached version of Arcsoft MMS. I have been using it for two weeks on my TP2 and have had no issues thus far. Also, if you are having MMS issues then follow the instructions below:

1) Install the attached "Arcsoft MMS 5.2.0.47.CAB"
2) Soft Reset
3) Go to Start > Settings > Connections and run "Connection Setup"
4) Soft Reset
5) Install the attached "thinkblu.Enable MMS Limits.cab"
6) Go into the MS Messaging Client > Menu > MMS Options > Servers and then click on your Network and look at "Send Limit" at the bottom and configure it your network's size limit (at&t's is 600kb)
7) Click "Done"
8) Click "Set as Default"

Also, if anybody has a newer version of Arsoft MMS for WVGA GSM devices please post it
Attached Files
File Type: cab Arcsoft MMS 5.2.0.47.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (4.61 MB, 648 views)
File Type: cab thinkblu.Enable MMS Limits.cab - [Click for QR Code] (2.6 KB, 386 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
manila, messaging, sms, tweak, zenkinz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)