FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

2,382 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By zenkinz, Senior Member on 5th September 2009, 10:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2010, 08:21 PM |#391  
Flag Atlanta!
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djromeo

Did u get the unread count to work with this method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbear

Finally...this method works! Thanks so much!
Side note: there's no unread count bubble on manila slider...but there's still notification so I don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisRoj

Is a great step for the bubble manila only can see who is the regestry count sms.

Great work bro.

Sorry guys this solution does not fix the SMS bubble indicator; this seems to be the only downside but no biggie compared to everything else you gain as opposed to using Zenyee's cab. If somebody can figure that part out then please share! Also, does the notification light work for you guys on incoming SMS?

20th February 2010, 08:55 PM |#392  
San Jose
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblu

Sorry guys this solution does not fix the SMS bubble indicator; this seems to be the only downside but no biggie compared to everything else you gain as opposed to using Zenyee's cab. If somebody can figure that part out then please share! Also, does the notification light work for you guys on incoming SMS?

For me is a great avance, sms count from Manlia is a registry with a pointer to SMS.htc, but is a great work and I can live without manila sms count.

Thanks bro
21st February 2010, 12:15 AM |#393  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:

No I dont get any notification light, I kind of miss it but I can deal with it
21st February 2010, 01:56 AM |#394  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Following up to my post above. I have created a cab that will make this process easier. There were a couple mistakes in the "app.reg" file that I have corrected. So, here are the instructions to disable the HTC Messaging Client and enable the MS Messaging Client instead:

1) Uninstall any messaging related cabs (including the Zenyee or Static cabs)
2) Disable Sense
3) Use Total Commander to Delete the "ManilaFull.xml" in the "\Windows" folder
4) Install the attached cab that corresponds to your device (GSM or CDMA)
5) Soft Reset
6) Go to "HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts"
Rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
7) Soft Reset
[B]8)[
9) Soft Reset
10) Enable Sense

Please let me know how it works for you guys!

I'd like to give credit to fone_fanatic, dagrim1, and xwpx520 for finding this information

nevermind I installed it to storage card instead and it worked
21st February 2010, 02:01 AM |#395  
San Jose

More
The cab no is necesary,
21st February 2010, 03:05 AM |#396  

More
Great work! I like this a lot. Is there a way to make the messages open up to the bottom where the most recent text is or not? Not a big deal just curious if I'm overlooking something
22nd February 2010, 05:34 AM |#397  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Ok this works real good thanx alot been pulling my hairs for days triying to find a good solution to disable that garbage htc messaging client....But Is There Any way To Replace the messaging the messaging tab when pressed to take u to Microsoft messaging instead of htc's like it was done on manila 2.1????
THanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopile

I am currently using your fix and it really has sped things up. Just want to know if there is anyway to get this to work as "threaded"? If so, how? If not, any suggestions for other fixes?

Thanks !!

Update: Well, it just started threading..... didn't do anything. So, thanks for a great solution !!!!!!

23rd February 2010, 02:01 AM |#398  

More
hd 2 sms
hiya

is what you posted a solution to the sms issues in htc hd 2 ......
i am a newbie so i cant exactly fathom whats going on

please be kind enough to explain....
when win mo native sms client takes over is the problem resolved

thanks

Rain
24th February 2010, 12:12 AM |#399  
Flag Bodmin
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Following up to my post above. I have created a cab that will make this process easier. There were a couple mistakes in the "app.reg" file that I have corrected. So, here are the instructions to disable the HTC Messaging Client and enable the MS Messaging Client instead:

1) Uninstall any messaging related cabs (including the Zenyee or Static cabs)
2) Disable Sense
3) Use Total Commander to Delete the "ManilaFull.xml" in the "\Windows" folder
4) Install the attached cab that corresponds to your device (GSM or CDMA)
5) Soft Reset
6) Go to "HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts"
Rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
7) Soft Reset
8) Install Arcsoft MMS software (go here if you need it)
9) Soft Reset
10) Enable Sense

Please let me know how it works for you guys!

I'd like to give credit to fone_fanatic, dagrim1, and xwpx520 for finding this information

followed the instructions here and sms is working great, basically the same as manilla 2.1 which in my view is the perfect mix of windows and htc messaging, the one issue i do have is MMS, when i go to create a new mms it wont detect or show any pictures i have on my device. I have installed arcsoft and run connection setup again.

Anyone else getting this ?
24th February 2010, 01:41 AM |#400  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I installed this and got back to MS messaging that is great, but it doesnt keep messages in coversation mode. Anyone else have this?
24th February 2010, 03:36 AM |#401  
San Jose

More
Dont install the cab and don't delete the manilafull.xml, only edit the registry. For me work great, the only problem is bubble menssage in manila.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
manila, messaging, sms, tweak, zenkinz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)